Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My old high school

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : My old high school Happy011

My old high school Empty
PostSubject: My old high school   My old high school EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 6:44 pm

Please pray that they do not close and tear down my old high school. The PGH Public school super intendant wants it closed. I had the best time of my life in that school. Plus the kids that go there now, won't be able to graduate from there and will be put in new schools. bawling

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : My old high school Bokmal10

My old high school Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old high school   My old high school EmptyMon Nov 19, 2007 11:02 pm

Oh, no, my dear! I hope this wouldn't happen...It should be so sad! I will pray for your old school. Any scholl should be closed and destroyed...Why are they planning to do that? No Blue

Vanesa.

My old high school Vanesa10
Back to top Go down

My old high school Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old high school   My old high school EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 4:34 pm

I hope it does not happen, Beckie, but sometimes it's because of health reasons, and the conditions of the building.

They made a new high school, to replace my old one. The old building was in such bad shape, etc.

The new one opened to students this past fall. It has the same name, etc. It's a beautiful building.

I understand the ties you have, as I had it with my old school, but sometimes, change is good, and for the best.
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538
Mood : My old high school Happy010

My old high school Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old high school   My old high school EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 8:47 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
Please pray that they do not close and tear down my old high school. The PGH Public school super intendant wants it closed. I had the best time of my life in that school. Plus the kids that go there now, won't be able to graduate from there and will be put in new schools. bawling

Beckie

hey is that the one that is on the news all the time?

My old high school Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
My old high school Cute-2
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

My old high school Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old high school   My old high school EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 9:45 pm

Why do they do that? Our school district is a mess and they are doing the same things. They are in the process of tearing down my old elementary school, yet the elementary schools are SO crowded, it makes absolutely no sense.

I hope that doesn't happen in your district too.

My old high school PamKeeper

Last edited by on Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

My old high school Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old high school   My old high school EmptyTue Nov 20, 2007 11:53 pm

thats soo sad...hope they wont...will pray
Back to top Go down

My old high school Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old high school   My old high school EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 2:12 am

I agree with you, Pam!
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

My old high school Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old high school   My old high school EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 7:02 pm

Thanks everyone. Well they want to close it down because the school system is "broke". They superintendant said it would cost millions of dollars to repair, yet the idiot is spending money on other projects. mad A lot of people say he needs to show us more evidence and his word is not enough. A few years ago he tried to close it, but someone gave some private funding. He is going to get rid of a historical landmark. It's 91 years old and it seems in good condition to me. They redid the auditorium a few years ago.

Yeah Emily, it's Schenley. One of the best schools in the city.

Change is usually never a good thing in my experiences. I hate that saying "Change is good". bawling

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : My old high school Bokmal10

My old high school Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old high school   My old high school EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 10:53 pm

But why did not begin to repair it BEFORE and little by little, not now that all the system seems to be damaged? mad There is people who waits until the last moment to do things, and when disaster comes they said: "Oh...Now it's too late". Oh, well...And why didn't they act BEFORE it was too late? Ranting

And yes, Beckie: they always find money for rather uninportant things, but they never has none for things that realy matters.

I'm with you in those sad moments ... :alright:

Vanesa.

My old high school Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

My old high school Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old high school   My old high school EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 10:13 am

MattLabMyLove wrote:
Thanks everyone. Well they want to close it down because the school system is "broke". They superintendant said it would cost millions of dollars to repair, yet the idiot is spending money on other projects. mad A lot of people say he needs to show us more evidence and his word is not enough. A few years ago he tried to close it, but someone gave some private funding. He is going to get rid of a historical landmark. It's 91 years old and it seems in good condition to me. They redid the auditorium a few years ago.

Change is usually never a good thing in my experiences. I hate that saying "Change is good". bawling

Beckie

That is the same excuse here, yet you see spending on things that make absolutely no sense at all. And that is what makes me especially mad.

That is sad to see a place that has meant so much to so many people, being torn down like that.

My old high school PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538
Mood : My old high school Happy010

My old high school Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old high school   My old high school EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 2:19 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:

Beckie

i will be praying that they don't tear it down! do you ever go and protest? because i see it on tv and maybe i have seen you!

My old high school Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
My old high school Cute-2
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

My old high school Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old high school   My old high school EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 6:31 pm

No, I never protested it, but I should. I would like to write that moron a letter with a few "choice words".

I rode past the school today and I got teary eyed. bawling

He probably wants money to go into his pocket rather than to the school.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

My old high school Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old high school   My old high school EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 6:38 pm

mybe the old men will have a change of heart!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My old high school Empty
PostSubject: Re: My old high school   My old high school Empty

Back to top Go down

My old high school
Page 1 of 1