Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RUDENESS

Go down 
+5
Savannah
HarrisonCrosby4387
Carol
Lily
Rhonda
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 2:36 am

My husband and I went out to a late dinner, and we ordered our food, and everything seemed okay. After waiting about 25 minutes, the food came, and the waitress told my husband that she put in the wrong salad, and proceeded to sit it in front of him, and he said, "I don't want that. It's not what I ordered. She snatched it up, took it away, and huffed away.

Then she brought more cokes for us in another cup so that she wouldn't have to keep going back and forth, I guess. That would have been okay, but coke was dripping all over both cups, making a mess on the table.
Then we waited yet another 20 minutes for my husband's salad. (The one he ordered.) I was about done with my meal.

She was fine at first, but after she brought the wrong salad to my husband, she acted like it was his fault. NOT! I asked her for ketchup, and she acted like I was asking for the world or something. I said thank you, and she kinda grunted. I felt like saying, the whole thing was your fault, but I didn't.

The place was IHOP, and we were both disgusted. We paid and left. Needless to say her tip was not very much.

If he had listened to me, we would have went to Denny's! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21163
Mood : RUDENESS Purple2

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 10:23 am

I have had that kind of service and leaving no tip at all pretty much lets them know your feelings......They are waiters a/k/a "Servers" and their job is to serve you......She definitely had an attitude.....No

I love IHop though!!!! Thumbsup

RUDENESS Rhonda10RUDENESS Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
RUDENESS LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : RUDENESS Vianne10

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 12:48 pm

What a horrible waitress you had Monica!! mad

My BF and I have had rude waiters/waitresses before, we just got up and left. Nowadays, if you complain too much, you might get your food tainted intentiionally. :gross: Most of them are very nice and courteous though, I have to say.

Once, I had a waiter said the bartender wanted to know if my name was Jessica, I told him I wasn't. The bartender came himself and asked me directly, I told him I wasn't. He just didn't believe me. Needless to say, I was very uncomfortable, my BF even told him but he still insisted. Finally, we had enough and left.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 1:56 pm

Well, we won't be going to that one again. LOL!

Gosh, Lily, what a crazy experience you had. Creepy too.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : RUDENESS Happy010

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 5:29 pm

Wow Monica, that WAS horrible. service. I've had experiences similar to that too and I left the waitress a penny for a tip w/ a note saying 'Thanks for the service'. lol

There is this chinese restaurant that my friends and I LOOOOVE but we hate some of the waitresses there but we love the food so we keep going Laughing

RUDENESS Horses10
Back to top Go down

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 5:30 pm

Carol wrote:
Wow Monica, that WAS horrible. service. I've had experiences similar to that too and I left the waitress a penny for a tip w/ a note saying 'Thanks for the service'. lol

There is this chinese restaurant that my friends and I LOOOOVE but we hate some of the waitresses there but we love the food so we keep going Laughing

LOL Carol. A penny? ROFLMBO! ROTFL
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : RUDENESS Happy011

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 6:53 pm

I would not have left that turd a tip at all, lol.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
RUDENESS Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 6:57 pm

:Hahaha: Beckie!

I hope that the food was at least good, since the service obviously wasn't.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : RUDENESS Happy011

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 7:08 pm

ROTFL

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 7:09 pm

Seriously ladies, when the service is bad, by the time you get your food, you don't enjoy it. At least, I don't.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
RUDENESS Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 7:12 pm

I can imagine! It's not very enjoyable when you have to eat in shifts, either - one person's food is there, and the other's hasn't arrived yet. Either one person has to wait, and eat cold food, or they eat alone, in front of someone else. It kind of spoils things.
Back to top Go down

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 7:18 pm

Yeah. I was trying not to eat too fast, and eat the other half of my sandwich when his salad came. It was awful.

She never said she was sorry either.
Back to top Go down

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 9:54 pm

ugh, how rude!!!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : RUDENESS Bokmal10

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 10:45 pm

Bad services in bars or restaurants could make me mad..But REALLY MAD. I understand that some of the waiters or waitress could not be happy with their salaries, or just wanted another life for them...but they can't be mean to their client, for they are NOT guilty of it. Besides, these clients could also have a frustrating life, or have a hard day, so it's really a bad thing to attack them as if they were culprit of the waiter/waitress , frustrations in life.

We all deserves to be well treated! What an horrible experience you had, Monica...And you was trying to spend a nice moment along, with your husband! mad Ranting

Vanesa.

RUDENESS Vanesa10
Back to top Go down

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 12:18 am

So true, Vanesa! I was trying to have a nice dinner with my husband, and that waitress ruined it.
Back to top Go down

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 12:38 am

hope u get nicer waitress next time.

some of them are slow and doesnt look like they know what they are doing!! Not being rude!!
Back to top Go down

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 12:41 am

Well, we decided we are not going there anymore. They don't deserve our business.
Back to top Go down

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 12:47 am

nopes
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 9:58 am

I can't believe that she expected your husband to just eat the wrong salad! Then it should have not taken so long for the right salad to be made, but rather should have been made right away, so that he wouldn't have had to wait any longer. I mean, it was her mistake and she even admitted it. That is uncalled for.

RUDENESS PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : RUDENESS Goodsi10

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 10:42 am

Lily wrote:
Nowadays, if you complain too much, you might get your food tainted intentionally.

You phrased that very politely, Lily. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 1:34 pm

wow thats mean! there are mean ppl!

RUDENESS Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
RUDENESS Cute-2
Back to top Go down

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 2:45 pm

Rob wrote:
Lily wrote:
Nowadays, if you complain too much, you might get your food tainted intentionally.

LOL! So true! ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 6:03 pm

Talking about waitress & service... the other day when I went to Dennys w/ my mom & brother, the waitress that took us to our table had some sort of a disease... I forgot what it is called but she's on a wheelchair and she shakes a lot and it worse if she gets nervous.

Anyway, we sat down at the table and then she started giving us the menus one by one (a total of 6 menus that included the 3 regular plus one page menu) and I felt a little bad... it took a while for us to get them... she would start giving us one but her hand movement would get out of control... one of them was almost thrown over the table but I caught it.... it was a little uncomfortable.

It would be good if she would just give the menus all at once in a stack and not do so one by one...
Even though I felt a little bad for her, I also felt admiration for her because she was out in the world... working... trying to live as best she can.

RUDENESS Horses10
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
RUDENESS LilyRank2
Lily

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 9:29 pm

Rob wrote:
Lily wrote:

Hehe..........just try to be more diplomatic. ROTFL

Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
RUDENESS LilyRank2
Lily

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 9:31 pm

Carol wrote:
Talking about waitress & service... the other day when I went to Dennys w/ my mom & brother, the waitress that took us to our table had some sort of a disease... I forgot what it is called but she's on a wheelchair and she shakes a lot and it worse if she gets nervous.

Anyway, we sat down at the table and then she started giving us the menus one by one (a total of 6 menus that included the 3 regular plus one page menu) and I felt a little bad... it took a while for us to get them... she would start giving us one but her hand movement would get out of control... one of them was almost thrown over the table but I caught it.... it was a little uncomfortable.

It would be good if she would just give the menus all at once in a stack and not do so one by one...
Even though I felt a little bad for her, I also felt admiration for her because she was out in the world... working... trying to live as best she can.

Wow Carol, how would she bring out the hot food then? OhMy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RUDENESS Empty
PostSubject: Re: RUDENESS   RUDENESS Empty

Back to top Go down

RUDENESS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: