Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"

Go down 
+7
Honeybee
I Love Dean
Kristina
LIWnut
Prairie Wind
JW
Carol
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Happy010

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Empty
PostSubject: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyMon Feb 12, 2007 11:29 pm

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" 2ndBook

Pa Ingalls decides to sell the little log house, and the family sets out for Indian country! They travel from Wisconsin to Kansas, and there, finally, Pa builds their little house on the prairie. Sometimes farm life is difficult, even dangerous, but Laura and her family are kept busy and are happy with the promise of their new life on the prairie.

=================

This thread is for the discussion of "Little House on the Prairie".

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Horses10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 12:08 am

Carol wrote:
"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Moving

CHAPTER 6: "MOVING IN"

*Give your comments on this Chapter [read]

The Ingalls move inside the little house. No more living in the wagon :twist:

I like the following description of the house:

It was a pleasant house. A soft light came through the window holes, and every crack in the four walls glowed a little because the sun was overhead.

I love the descriptions Laura/Rose gave when they wrote about the light of the sun and the moon. Here is a description of the house at night.

Mary and Laura lay in their little bed on the ground inside the new house, and watched the sky through the window hole to the east. The edge of the big, bright moon glittered at the bottom of the window space, and Laura sat up. She looked at the great moon, sailing silently higher in the clear sky.
Its light made silvery lines in all the cracks on that side of the house. The light poured through the window hole and made a square of soft radience on the floor. It was so bright that Laura saw Ma plainly when she lifted the quilt at the door and came in.

The house was simple, but it was so beautiful to Laura and everybody because they made it themselves... they saw all the hard work that had to be done in order for them to have a house, 4 walls to feel protected in... Laura sounds so happy in her new house. :)

Misti wrote:
I always marvel at the depth of Laura's description of the times and places in her life. By her tales, in my mind I can see them very vividly and imagine myself there with her.

ChristinaAL wrote:
Me too, Misti. I think it's amazing how much she remembered, including little details. She was always so descriptive.

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Horses10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Happy011

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyMon Feb 19, 2007 2:57 pm

I Really Enjoy this book

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Jacobk10"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 7:34 am

This is my son's favorite. He's read a it a couple times and he has it on tape. He listened to it on tape during our trip to move to South Dakota where we lived for 18 months. It helped him to fall in love with the prairie. He says he going back some day. The prairie REALLY made an impression on him! (Me too!)

:cowgirl:
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 3:04 pm

How much of the story is left out on the tape? Is it all there or just an overview? I've considered buying the tapes but I don't want them if the story isn't all there, I guess that is what abriged means, huh?

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" MarilynKeeper "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 4:05 pm

It's all there! There may be more than one kind though. We bought the ones with Cherry Jones reading- I think that's her name... They didn't have all the books the last time I looked though.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 4:59 pm

Thanks for the info. I will have to check them out. I'm going to Mansfield in just over a month, I'll look for them when I'm there.

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" MarilynKeeper "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 5:28 pm

Oh! Have fun! :band:
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 5:18 pm

I'm going to the Ingalls site in KS next Thursday!!! I'll let you know all about my time there when I get back. We are also going to Mansflied on Friday, can't wait.

Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 5:22 pm

Ha! I see you're on cloud nine, Marilyn!

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 7:30 pm

Yup, at the moment I'm on cloud 9, anticipating a wonderful week next week. I can't wait!!

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 8:39 am

this book should get high praise! the televsion show was named after this book!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 7:59 pm

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Diva_c10

Here's a pic of the reconstructed house on the prairie near Independence, KS. It was so cool to see it and imagine a small Laura running in and out of the door.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 2:13 am

I have a shirt from there. I ordered it online.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 9:10 pm

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" 100_1710

In Little House on the Prairie we read about Pa and Mr Scott digging a well. When the searchers were looking for the land on which the little house stood, they searched the records and found the area but were able to find the actual property due to the well. They knew that Pa had dug one and there it was. Kinda cool.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 10:56 pm

Cool.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 am

Oh I just know if I saw that well in person it would give me chills! (Happy chills!)

Thanks for posting marilyn.

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 3:05 pm

Prairie Wind wrote:
Oh I just know if I saw that well in person it would give me chills! (Happy chills!)

Thanks for posting marilyn.

It would me too.
Back to top Go down
I Love Dean
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
I Love Dean

Number of posts : 329
Mood : "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 10:32 pm

We sure had fun didn't we Marilyn??

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" DivaConventionJuly2008058

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Dd4
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 10:43 pm

Yeah, too bad we couldn't have got a dipperful!!

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:17 pm

This is my second favorite book.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:32 pm

The pictures are great.....can you imagine living in a house that small???
Gosh we are so lucky today

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:33 pm

This was the very first Little house book I read. I purchased it with my allowance after I saw the first Little House movie. It brings back fond memories

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 9:55 pm

I'm re-reading Little House on the Prairie. In one chapter. Caroline told Charles, she want send a letter to the family. So, the letter can arrive in the winter time. When the family writes back. They will get the letter from their family until Spring time. See, how long it takes to get mail, then today's mail. Now, we have email, chat, facebook twitter, & etc...Takes seconds instead of months. Can you imagine if you email someone. The email takes long time, for them to receive your email. Vice versa.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:54 pm

It's hard to chose only one...I think my favorite one is "The Long Winter" and close by" Little House in the Big Woods", but this one could be my third favorite.

What was my very first "Little House Book"? The first one I ever read, because I found it in a book shop who selled books in all languages was Farmer Boy"...and I loved it! Smile

Vanesa.

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE" Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next