HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37800
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:14 pm

I just read this book today. Reading this book kind of makes me feel & Appreciate life today and all the stuff we have. Smile

The thing about Sunday's. How you did NO work or play during that day. Today society people don't really take Sundays as a day of rest anymore. People work still. Poor children must have been a long boring day for them. LOL

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bestshowever
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: "LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"   Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:17 am

Sheesh, Charles Ingalls has itchy feet, I have itchy fingers...

Ok, with this book, I keep going back and forth about Jack not riding in the wagon. In those days, dogs weren't pampered, farm dogs had a job to do just like every other member of the farm. Charles was being the alpha saying dogs don't ride in wagons, because dogs weren't pampered.

BUT, Jack's role as the watchdog was a very important. The one with the most important members on the expedition to Kansas was Charles, the horses, and Jack. The safety of those three is of paramount importance. Charles, as the human decision maker, needs to take into account fatigue levels of the team and Jack. That's the main mistake he made, not accounting for Jack's fatigue level until after the river crossing when they thought they lost him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2