Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps

Go down 
+8
emilyanneoftheprairie
ChristinaAL
Vanesa
HarrisonCrosby4387
georgiagirl1993
Docfan
EllieJane
Carol
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Happy010

Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Empty
PostSubject: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 12:31 am

What is going on??? Another kid who was known as being depressed, opened fire in a mall while people did their holiday shopping. 8 were killed and then he killed himself. mad

Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 12:39 am

How atrocious. I heard this on the news. Like NO one knew he had a problem with depression?
Back to top Go down
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
EllieJane

Number of posts : 542
Mood : Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Scared10

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 8:29 am

It's so sad... Blue
Since it happened locally, it's all over the news, radio, etc.
I think, from what I've heard that he had some big problems going on.
Sad thing is he took it out on innocent people and himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 10:23 am

That's soo very sad!!!
Back to top Go down
Docfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 225
Mood : Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 11:43 am

This is very sad, and a very poor reflection of what is happening in our society today. People like this boy just seem to fall between the cracks, you know? They just don't get the help they need until it is too late.

I hope this doesn't spawn copy-cat attacks. There are lots of disturbed people out there, that is for sure...
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl1993
Town Business Owner
Town Business Owner
georgiagirl1993

Number of posts : 1585
Mood : Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 1:50 pm

It is so sad. The saddest part is the fact that wherever you go, you're never safe anymore, I mean schools, banks, malls, what next? Blue

Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Keeper
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 4:51 pm

The upsetting thing is that the police were warned about this guy in time... days before he went to the mall to do his idiotic shooting spree... and the police did not do anything about it, they did not take the warnings or reports from people seriously and now this happened.... mad

Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Horses10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 8:20 pm

I read an article about this. It's very sad. Blue

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySat Dec 08, 2007 11:04 pm

Docfan wrote:
This is very sad, and a very poor reflection of what is happening in our society today. People like this boy just seem to fall between the cracks, you know? They just don't get the help they need until it is too late.

I hope this doesn't spawn copy-cat attacks. There are lots of disturbed people out there, that is for sure...

Sadly, you are right... No

Vanesa.

Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 1:07 pm

I heard about this on the news too - I couldn't believe something like this happened again. Is there no where you can go and still be safe these days? How disturbing that is.

Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps ChristinaKeeper2 Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 1:16 pm

that is very sad!

Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 1:37 pm

It's incredibly sad that this young man found life to be so hopeless, at such a young age. There's an older song "People Need the Lord" that really speaks volumes about the hopelessness that can be felt without the Lord.

Obviously, this young man had many problems - I mean, many, many people suffer from depression and snap and take their own lives. It's terribly sad, but true. Yet, those people don't go out and mow down as many innocent bystanders as they can before they take their own lives. So, obviously, he had many problems. But I can't help but believe that if he'd have known how much God loved him and wanted to help him, that he'd have had some hope. But you can't even tell kids that at school anymore. You can't mention God, or the Ten Commandments (Thou Shalt Not Kill??) You can't give them that kind of hope. They can read books about killing, they can watch violent films during school hours, but they can't be told that God loves them. We live in a very sad, mixed up world.
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 1:58 pm

Too much media coverage are to be blamed. Plastering the perpetrator's pic all over is what they want, it also sends out a message to all the copycats that says hey, shoot people, you'll get famous. That was exactly what this guy wrote in his suicide note: "I want to go out in style, then I'll be famous." Whenever I hear about someone shooting in schools or malls, I don't care to know what kind of life they lived in. If you did something positive in your life to change the world, then I would love to read more about your life!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."

Last edited by on Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 2:04 pm

I would love it if the media never showed pictures of the killers, and never referred to them by name. I absolutely agree with you, Lily - I couldn't care less what kind of life they led up till then. Let's leave it to the psychologists to examine their lives and see if they can learn something that'll keep someone else from doing the same thing. But by giving them the fame they were looking for, that only encourages copycats.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 2:10 pm

I totally agree. Their picture should never be shown, and their name left unspoken. Once they've committed such an act, they should be nameless....they shouldn't gain fame and status because of it.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 3:55 pm

I agree completely - first, Savannah, about how you can't even give children hope in school anymore by mentioning the name of God. And also, that anyone who commits such an act does not deserve the recognition they want from it.

Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps ChristinaKeeper2 Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 7:48 pm

I ditto Rob's and Lily's comments. The media seems to glamorize these killers. It's just not right.

Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps EmptySun Dec 09, 2007 11:19 pm

Yep. Without media covers some people who kills others could be persuaded not to do it, since some does it only for the fact of becoming famous. mad

I'm very worried, Savannah...You mentioned that in the USA's is forbidden to mention God and Ten Commandements at school...But did you know that here, in my country the Congress will approve a law forbidding exactly the same things? Unbelievable... banghead Poor children...we are forbidding them the possibility of knowing Gd. One could choice to be a non-believer...But how would you choice a thing if you doesn't know it? banghead

Vanesa.

Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps   Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps Empty

Back to top Go down

Mall Shooter - Teenager snaps
Page 1 of 1