Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"BLIZZARD"

Go down 
+16
Alice Garvey
whitelighter
littlehouselover
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Honeybee
Krissy
jes9
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
charles ingalls
Farmer Girl
Lori
Lily
bethandmanly
Vanesa
Rhonda
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 Bokmal10

blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:30 pm

Saw this yesterday. One of my favorite episodes to watch again.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 12:34 pm

I watched the Blizzard this morning. Tonight, I will be watching A Christmas They Never Forgot. Willie was so sweet in telling Ms.Beadle it wasn't her fault. Nice of Mrs.Oleson to offer Mr.Edwards warmer clothing from the store room. Sad that a man died in the blizzard.

Honeybee likes this post

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 4:25 pm

Watched this last week.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 6:09 pm

Many of you are able to watch LHOTP on COZI TV, and like me, have noticed many episodes not being shown, as well as big important parts being left out.  I'm not sure what the reasoning is, or even if it is their decision to do so, or an agreement they got into when they signed on to show LH on their channel.  Today while watching Blizzard, I really paid close attention to one particular scene since I seemed to have missed it when it aired the last time.  It is the part where Willie walks over to Miss Beadle and strokes her hair while telling her, "Miss Beadle...It wasn't your fault..."  This is such a poignant scene, and so unbelievable it was indeed, left out.  I have the whole set of DVD's, I guess I need to get them out and watch them.
scratchead

blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 Rhonda10blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 7:38 pm

I understand why they cut scenes out (gotta make room for those commercials!), but I don't get why they skip over certain episodes. scratchead
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 7:55 pm

I understand about the commercials...gotta pay the bills....but to take out such a powerful scene when they could have taken out another not so important one....Like the scene where Edwards climbs in the back of the wagon and starts drinking out of the bottle he has, hugging it and drinking more....That whole scene could've been cut and not hurt the show.....Where Willie is comforting a sad and guilt-ridden Miss Beadle....THAT was needed.

As for missing/skipped episodes, someone mentioned not having the rights to show them all; which really doesn't make any sense to me since most all the episodes are owned by the same person. Just really strange to me.

Huh?

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 8:28 pm

Sheesh. Makes you think that one of the requirements for the person put in charge of cutting scenes is that they should have, you know... a heart.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 8:47 pm

VERY TRUE! That scene is just SO touching and showed such a different side of Willie.....He left his momma and Nellie sitting there and walked over to care for Miss Beadle.....
Love bawling

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 11:18 am

It's been so long since I saw this episode until yesterday that I don't remember the scene where Willie comforts Miss Beadle. I might have to watch the dvd with the episode because young Willie doing something so nice seems hard to believe!
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 4:57 am

I always loved Willie, he was the perfect scrappy little boy, getting into trouble at times, but smart when pushed and most of his bad habits coming from being spoiled. I always thought he was more like his dad. That is why Nancy was so scary, she had no good side.

I hope Mr Gilbert is doing okay.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 1:30 pm

Scary and sad when Grace broke down and was determined to leave to go find Carl and Alicia. Dr.Baker and Caroline had to intervene to calm her down.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 538

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2021 11:06 pm

I had recorded this one on COZI-TV yesterday and watched it tonight. Yep, the scene with Willie comforting Ms. Beadle was cut out. They could have cut lots of other things, like some of the beginning stuff with Pa and Mr. Edwards just getting the Christmas gifts or, as someone said, Mr. Edwards in the back of the wagon drinking. I think it is kind of neat that they show them giving alcohol to the victims, even though we now know this is not good. At least that makes it a bit more historically accurate if that's what they would have done back then. I have sort of mixed feelings about this one. I kind of wish nobody had died since it was a Christmas episode, but it also makes it a bit more poignant. And I do think it seems kind of insensitive for the townspeople to be celebrating so much when Mr. Edwards gets back with Alicia and Carl when that woman and her son lost their loved one. I do like how Charles notices this and goes to the Bible to read the Christmas story.

As someone else commented, I was sort of surprised when Mrs. Oleson, of her own free will, insisted that Mr. Edwards, of all people, get a warmer coat from the mercantile. Mr. Edwards is the one she seems to dislike most. She really seemed to have a heart in this one, after her earlier comments about Sleepy Eye giving less than Walnut Grove to Revd. Alden and how it isn't really better to give than to receive. Maybe she re-thought that for a while. (By the way, I would have liked it for Revd. Alden to be in this one, providing comfort to the people worrying, encouraging prayer, and especially to comfort the woman who lost her husband.)

Nels and Harriet really do contribute a lot to the town. Do you think they got any reimbursement for all the lost goods, kerosene, etc.? The town should be thankful the mercantile is there. Maybe they got some corn or beef from some of the farmers to make up for it though.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 6:58 pm

The men told Ted McgGinnis put a warmer coat, before headed outside to look for the children. Then, when they found Joey. He should have went back with Jim Bowers, gone back to school/church.

How come they didn’t show John Sanderson/Edwards in this episode. They show Carl and Alicia, in this episode.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 9:10 am

I can't remember when this episode takes place. Was John already gone to Chicago?
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 3:59 pm

^No. That’s after the Blizzard episode. I’ll ride the wind episode. That’s when John wants get married to Mary. He scholarship from the University in Chicago. He turned it down. But Mary knew he should really go to college.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 6:20 pm

Then that is strange if John does not appear at all in the episode. Seems like he and Mary should have been the ones trying to help the younger ones through the blizzard.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 10:10 pm

I just finished this one (except my recording cut off near the end, as Charles was reading the Christmas story from the Bible).....tonight I have mixed feelings about this one. I think in general it was a good episode, and I always love how the town sticks together. But I also feel like they could have made it a happy ending for everyone and that it was not really necessary to kill off the one man who died. Also, it was somewhat weird how everyone was rejoicing so much when Isaiah came in with his kids and yet they already knew that the one man had died, and his wife and son were right there. Plus, I felt kind of strange when Joey's dad left Henry's dad to take Joey back to the school. It was almost like Henry's dad was pleading with Joey's dad not to leave him and he just walked away. I liked it better that Isaiah and Charles had a little talk, with Isaiah wanting to make sure Charles could get the kids back okay to the school. I also thought that if it was so difficult to get to the girls, maybe they would have been better to stay put in that shack. Charles said it would soon be kindling, but there was a lot of wood there. Wouldn't they have been able to keep the fire burning all night? It seemed more risky to me for them to try to get back to the school.

I also feel so bad for Miss Beadle in this one. I wish that everyone had survived, and then it would have been a near perfect episode.

Also, apparently kids in the past had to go to school on Christmas Eve? The kids in IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE also apparently went to school on Christmas Eve, as that is when Zuzu got sick coming home from school.....guess we had it pretty good in my schooldays as I'm fairly sure we never went to school on Christmas Eve....and that was back in the "olden days" (1970s and 1980s)!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 11:42 pm

amyk wrote:
Also, it was somewhat weird how everyone was rejoicing so much when Isaiah came in with his kids and yet they already knew that the one man had died, and his wife and son were right there.

That is my one complaint about this episode. Isaiah couldn't have known about Mr. McGinnis, but everyone else did. How insensitive to his family to act like that.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
whitelighter
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 77

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 5:50 pm

amyk wrote:
Then that is strange if John does not appear at all in the episode. Seems like he and Mary should have been the ones trying to help the younger ones through the blizzard.
I think this episode was originally intended to be shown after "I'll Ride the Wind".
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 7:04 pm

If this was the first Christmas after John moved to Chicago, it still seems like he would have tried to come back to Walnut Grove for Christmas, to see his family and Mary. But maybe that would have been to expensive for him or not practical. If this was meant to be shown after I'LL RIDE THE WIND, perhaps there was something in there originally that mentioned John but which was edited out.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2022 9:05 pm

I noticed, when Charles and Isaiah found the girls. When Isaiah left to find his adopted children in the blizzard. Charles told the girls to follow him. How come Charles didn’t put the fire out, that Mary made. To keep them her and her sisters warm.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 5:48 pm

Honeybee wrote:
I noticed, when Charles and Isaiah found the girls. When Isaiah left to find his adopted children in the blizzard. Charles told the girls to follow him. How come Charles didn’t put the fire out, that Mary made. To keep them her and her sisters warm.

Probably because they expected the building to collapse and with the snow the fire probably would have died out. Still seems a bit irresponsible.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2023 6:36 pm

Maybe if someone else was lost in the blizzard they could have seen the fire burning and gone there for warmth?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "BLIZZARD"   blizzard - "BLIZZARD" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"BLIZZARD"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2