Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Michael Landon Quilt I made

Go down 
+20
Farmer Girl
Rob
Amy
bethandmanly
LHDaisy
charles ingalls
Kathleen Marie
carolineingalls
ChristinaAL
Gin
EllieJane
Lily
HarrisonCrosby4387
georgiagirl1993
Carol
Lori
pamh36
Rhonda
Savannah
Vanesa
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

My Michael Landon Quilt I made Empty
PostSubject: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 10:26 pm

I just finished the front of my Michael Landon Quilt and wanted to share it with you.  I posted this on Praire fans as well so some of you may have already seen it.  There's a video on Youtube that shows how it came to be as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdMvZCxPI5c

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : My Michael Landon Quilt I made Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 10:53 pm

What a nice quilt! I wish I was gifted for these kind of things, but sadly my skills are writing and cooking!

Congrats, Pbeaking! Thumbsup :thankyou: happy1

Vanesa.

My Michael Landon Quilt I made Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
My Michael Landon Quilt I made Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : My Michael Landon Quilt I made Happy010

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 10:53 pm

VERY nice!! That must have been an amazing amount of work! Thank you for sharing the picture with us. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyMon Oct 22, 2007 11:22 pm

BEAUTIFUL
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : My Michael Landon Quilt I made Purple2

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 7:28 am

Applause I know how proud you are of the work you put into this.......beautiful!

When I step back from my monitor, it all comes into view. grinsmiley

My Michael Landon Quilt I made Rhonda10My Michael Landon Quilt I made Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 9:16 am

That is absolutely amazing. I can't imagine the time and effort that went into it, but it was all well worth it.

My Michael Landon Quilt I made PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 12:48 pm

Wow! Cool quilt and video!

My Michael Landon Quilt I made Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 3:04 pm

Wow. Very nice Thumbsup

My Michael Landon Quilt I made Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 3:32 pm

:adore: Thumbsup Applause
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl1993
Town Business Owner
Town Business Owner
georgiagirl1993

Number of posts : 1585

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 5:53 pm

Beautiful! Applause

My Michael Landon Quilt I made Keeper
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 7:58 pm

I hope to donate this to a charity that michael landon supported, preferably children related. I just need to make the right connections once it's completely done. I haven't the wall space for it, and it really needs to be put up on a wall that has a long hallway. The further back you stand, the more it looks just like a real picture. I appreciate all the comments. Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 8:00 pm

His widow Cindy may like to have that.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : My Michael Landon Quilt I made Happy011

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 8:27 pm

Holy crap, you're good!

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
My Michael Landon Quilt I made LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : My Michael Landon Quilt I made Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 9:49 pm

Wow Paula, this is simply beautiful!! It will be such a great cause to be donated to one of ML's charities. Applause

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
EllieJane

Number of posts : 542
Mood : My Michael Landon Quilt I made Scared10

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 5:28 pm

Wow, you have quite a talent! :Gjob:
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : My Michael Landon Quilt I made Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 7:42 pm

This is amazing! You put alot of hours in that, and it shows. It takes talent and patience to do something that well. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 7:53 pm

Wow, this is amazing! What a great job you did! :)

My Michael Landon Quilt I made ChristinaKeeper2 My Michael Landon Quilt I made 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 8:16 pm

I still have to finish the back, but if anyone has any suggestions as to how I could make sure the quilt gets into the right hands I'd appreciate it. I am going to include a picture of it on the landonlegacy site so that it can be included in the book being sent to his family. I want to donate to a charity that Michael was actively involved in and supported - if they want to display it, fine. If they want to auction it off - fine. Even if the family wants it - fine. I just don't want it thrown in a box and forgotten. It would be best displayed at the end of a long hallway because the further back you stand, the more it looks like a real picture of Michael. His writing talents should be highlighted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 8:54 pm

Contact the Landon Legacy. They can more than likely point you in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : My Michael Landon Quilt I made Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyWed Nov 21, 2007 7:24 am

I'm only catching this thread - no pun intended!! - now! I don't think there are enough words in the English language to say how terrific this work of art is. It's absolutely incredible and you should be SO PROUD of it. You're one talented lady. Give yourself a big pat on the back from me. Applause

My Michael Landon Quilt I made MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyWed Nov 21, 2007 6:00 pm

Wow!! That is absolutely beautiful!!

My Michael Landon Quilt I made KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyFri Nov 23, 2007 9:27 pm

Thanks everyone. I'm still trying to find time to to get the back finished. It's beena busy weekend. I hope to complete it soon.
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 12:09 am

excellent quilt are you keeping it or selling it

My Michael Landon Quilt I made GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 12:38 am

Well, it is my hope eventually to donate it to a charity for them to sell, or sell it and donate the proceeds to a charity in michael's name. Right now I'm working on the back, and once it's finished I'm going to send a picture to landonlegacy.com to include in the book for michael's family. We'll see what happens I guess. The main focus of the quilt is to highlight michael's talent as a writer.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 10:53 pm

God bless for what you are doing, Pbeaking. Applause

Vanesa.

My Michael Landon Quilt I made Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Michael Landon Quilt I made   My Michael Landon Quilt I made Empty

Back to top Go down

My Michael Landon Quilt I made
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next