Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...

Go down 
+22
Laura (Half Pint)
LauraIngallsfan
bestshowever
Krissy
Joe
alexczarn
poo_cat
Rob
Gin
Carol
Coach Jon
JW
Savannah
Vanesa
carolineingalls
Docfan
Kathleen Marie
ChristinaAL
georgiagirl1993
Farmer Girl
HarrisonCrosby4387
jes9
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Empty
PostSubject: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 2:53 pm

Every once in a while I have a burst of creativity. Inspired by the popular "You might be a" lists, I took a shot at creating a "You might be a Little House on the Prairie fan" list, and here's what I came up with. Feel free to add more. Hope you enjoy it.

You might be a Little House on the Prairie fan if...
  • You know what a livery is.
  • You swim in your underwear.
  • You have a dog named "Jack".
  • After your dog named "Jack" dies, you get a new dog and name him "Bandit".
  • You insist that your daughters wear calico dresses.
  • You insist that your daughters wear nightcaps.
  • You have an overwhelming desire to wear a bonnet, even if you're a man.
  • You just can't understand why your doctor won't accept chickens and apples as payment for his services.
  • Your favorite lunch is chicken and biscuits.
  • You go to bed by 8pm.
  • You get up before 5am.
  • You hate the city.
  • Your favorite hymn is Bringing in the Sheaves. You're really in deep if you call it Good Old Bringing in the Sheaves.
  • Hailstorms make you nervous.
  • You think your kids have an easy time at school, because you know Miss Beadle would never go so easy on them.
  • Instead of turning on the faucet, you tell your kids to fetch water from the creek.
  • You like to take a bath in the barn.
  • You eat popcorn in bed.
  • You built your house yourself.
  • You address all boys as "son", even if they aren't your son.
  • You call your daughter "Half Pint".
  • Your idea of a night on the town is going to the corn-shuckin' at Miller's barn.
  • You just don't understand the need for all these fancy modern inventions like electricity and indoor plumbing.
  • You just can't wait for the church social.
  • To the nearest mile, you know how far it is from Sleepy Eye to Mankato. No, they never mentioned this on the show, but why would you know this if you weren't a Little House geek?
  • You sometimes talk like Jonathan Garvey. There could be no doubt if you ever use the word "thems", as in, "Thems wolves, son."
  • You know at least two verses of Old Dan Tucker.
  • Your favorite perfume is lemon verbena.
  • You know how to spit, and you're proud of it.
  • You've ever uttered the words, "Can't stand for no peekin'".
  • You're thrilled to get mail once every two weeks.
  • You know what dicky birds are.
  • You insist that your kids carry their lunch to school in a pail.
  • When it's time to leave for church, you tell your family, "I'll go hitch up the team," before you remember you have a car.
  • You really just don't care for the name "Alyssa". For some reason, it gets on your nerves whenever you hear it.
  • You think the best football game ever played was the 1880 thriller between the Winoka Warriors and the Dakota Dragons. You're a hopeless Little House fanatic if it annoys you that Dragons fans still gripe about that final play.
  • When you're mad, you shout, "dad gummit!"
  • Just before leaving on a family trip, you ask your kids, "Does anybody need to go to the outhouse?"
  • You refer to the neighborhood hoodlum as an "ornery-lookin' cuss".
  • You always make sure you have enough potatoes for winter store.
  • Instead of stairs leading to upstairs bedrooms, your house has a ladder leading to a loft.
  • If you have a mean boss, you say to yourself, "At least he's not as mean as Mr. Standish."
  • You inadvertently refer to the Loch Ness Monster as the Lake Kezia Monster.
  • You always carry plenty of gum with you, just in case you drop a dime through a hole in the sidewalk.
  • Whenever you walk by a playground where kids are playing Ring Around the Rosie, you walk up to them, hands on hips, and say, "I wanna play Uncle John!"
  • You think your church would look better with green curtains behind the pulpit.
  • You think it would be cool if you looked just like Mr. Edwards. You've gone off the deep end if you're a woman and you think it would be cool if you looked just like Mr. Edwards.
  • You take a day off work when your cow's birthin'.
  • Clown masks creep you out.
  • When you hear "Bunny", you think of a horse, not a rabbit.
  • When you see a crime being committed, instead of calling the police, you ring the church bell, round up the men of the town, arrest the suspect, throw him in the ice house, and then wire for a judge.
  • In a medical emergency, instead of calling 911, you shout to the nearest person, "Go get Doc Baker!"
  • You think that raccoon that keeps raiding your garbage can must be Jasper.
  • You just can't get the theme music out of your head.
  • Just once, you'd like to run down a hill, put your arms out like airplane wings, and jump, all the while humming the closing theme music.

And finally, you just might be a Little House on the Prairie fan if...you've seen Country Girls 30 times and just can't wait to watch it again.

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Happy011

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 5:31 pm

Those were great!!! Wow, very talented!! grinsmiley

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 7:02 pm

Quote :
When you're mad, you shout, "dad gummit!"

I'm def. a LHOTP fan.......
I say that at least 3 times a day.

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Little
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl1993
Town Business Owner
Town Business Owner
georgiagirl1993

Number of posts : 1585
Mood : Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:12 pm

Those are great! Thumbsup

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Keeper
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 2:01 pm

Awesome! Thumbsup I love them...I think we're definitely all fans in one way or another! For instance...I can't say I always get up before 5 AM, but I have seen Country Girls 30+ times and always look forward to seeing it again! ROTFL

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... ChristinaKeeper2 Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 2:06 pm

I actually used the term "she''ll be sorry she got my dander up", the other day...I love that phrase!!

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Docfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 225
Mood : Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 3:22 pm

You might be a LHOP fan if you :

start looking up recipes for salt risin' bread and other LH delicacies. (I have actually done that. When I get a working oven, I'm gonna make some salt risin' bread...sounds wonderful!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 8:56 pm

you might be a LHOP fan if you:

have an overwhelming desire to wear a bonnet and petticoat and sleep in a loft on a bed of straw
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 9:48 pm

If you find yourself saying the word "shack" instead of house when you are talking to someone, especially if they aren't being nice and you tell them it is your shack and they aren't welcome in it!!

Of course you know I had to throw that in because of my deep love for the Carter's, especially John "a/k/a I want to be a Charles Ingalls clone" Carter.....

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 5:57 pm

Kathleen Marie wrote:
If you find yourself saying the word "shack" instead of house when you are talking to someone, especially if they aren't being nice and you tell them it is your shack and they aren't welcome in it!!

Of course you know I had to throw that in because of my deep love for the Carter's, especially John "a/k/a I want to be a Charles Ingalls clone" Carter.....

ROTFL How could we have forgotten that?

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... ChristinaKeeper2 Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 5:11 pm

You might be a Little House on the Prairie fan if...

You practised kissing in the mirror before going out on your first date! Love

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 1:14 pm

Docfan wrote:

start looking up recipes for salt risin' bread and other LH delicacies. (I have actually done that. When I get a working oven, I'm gonna make some salt risin' bread...sounds wonderful!)

You are one of mine, then..I have "The Little House Cookbook" and I tries one of its recipes time to time. I just love "Vanity Cakes" :woohooo: . Yes...I'm a "Little House Fan"

Vanesa.

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Happy010

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 2:10 pm

I love these!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Happy011

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 8:35 pm

These are Priceless

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Jacobk10Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Docfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 225

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 4:05 pm

Vanesa wrote:
Docfan wrote:

You are one of mine, then..I have "The Little House Cookbook" and I tries one of its recipes time to time. I just love "Vanity Cakes" :woohooo: . Yes...I'm a "Little House Fan"

Vanesa.

I'm gonna have to get that "Little House Cookbook"...sounds wonderful! grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 1:00 pm

IT'S wonderful. It has a lot of great "Prairie recipes", and very useful insights about how people eats back then. It's not only a cookbook, but also a social-history book. Read it! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 12:20 am

You might be a little house fan if you ask your pa "Can I hitch up the horses?" instead of "May I have the keys to the car?"
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:26 am

LOL Wow, these are great and definitely deserve a bump! ROTFL Fantastic job! The ones that particularly killed me...

jes9 wrote:

*You have an overwhelming desire to wear a bonnet, even if you're a man.
*Instead of turning on the faucet, you tell your kids to fetch water from the creek.
*Your idea of a night on the town is going to the corn-shuckin' at Miller's barn.
*You sometimes talk like Jonathan Garvey. There could be no doubt if you ever use the word "thems", as in, "Thems wolves, son."
*You insist that your kids carry their lunch to school in a pail.
*When it's time to leave for church, you tell your family, "I'll go hitch up the team," before you remember you have a car.
*You think the best football game ever played was the 1880 thriller between the Winoka Warriors and the Dakota Dragons. You're a hopeless Little House fanatic if it annoys you that Dragons fans still gripe about that final play.
*Whenever you walk by a playground where kids are playing Ring Around the Rosie, you walk up to them, hands on hips, and say, "I wanna play Uncle John!"
*You think it would be cool if you looked just like Mr. Edwards. You've gone off the deep end if you're a woman and you think it would be cool if you looked just like Mr. Edwards.
*When you see a crime being committed, instead of calling the police, you ring the church bell, round up the men of the town, arrest the suspect, throw him in the ice house, and then wire for a judge.
*In a medical emergency, instead of calling 911, you shout to the nearest person, "Go get Doc Baker!"

Thems real funny. Laughing

Here are my offerings:

*You don't like to talk on the phone because you’re always worried Mrs. Oleson might be listening in.
*Everytime your daughter gets a new boyfriend, you challenge him to an arm-wrestling contest.
*The only thing you give your children for Christmas is a penny.
*Everytime you go shopping for school, you ask the manager where s/he keeps the slates.
*You always try to get credit at Wal-Mart by bringing in eggs.
*Anytime your cellphone gives you trouble, you mumble, “That’s progress for you.”
*Even though your sister isn’t blind, you sometimes write to her using a brail pencil.

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 4:57 pm

Those are good, too, Jon!!

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Little
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Those are funny Jon! Laughing

I like your banner too! Makes me want to go get a room there LOL Thumbsup

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Horses10
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 6:17 pm

Carol wrote:
Those are funny Jon! Laughing

I like your banner too! Makes me want to go get a room there LOL Thumbsup

Yeah, I figured Nellie could use all the help in advertising she could get. Wink

"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 6:57 pm

Coach Jon wrote:

Quote :
Here are my offerings:

*You don't like to talk on the phone because you’re always worried Mrs. Oleson might be listening in.
*Everytime your daughter gets a new boyfriend, you challenge him to an arm-wrestling contest.
*The only thing you give your children for Christmas is a penny.
*Everytime you go shopping for school, you ask the manager where s/he keeps the slates.
*You always try to get credit at Wal-Mart by bringing in eggs.
*Anytime your cellphone gives you trouble, you mumble, “That’s progress for you.”
*Even though your sister isn’t blind, you sometimes write to her using a brail pencil.

Land sakes, thems good writin's, son. That banner for Nellie's, I ain't never seen such fancy work. Why, Nellie'd be right proud to have that there ad in the Pen 'n' Plow.

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Laughing John...

Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Horses10
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 7:44 am

jes9 wrote:

Land sakes, thems good writin's, son. That banner for Nellie's, I ain't never seen such fancy work. Why, Nellie'd be right proud to have that there ad in the Pen 'n' Plow.

ROTFL Thanks!

And again, great job on coming up with this list!

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:46 pm

Those are realli hysterical! Go on! ROTFL

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...   Halloween - You Might Be a LHotP Fan If... Empty

Back to top Go down

You Might Be a LHotP Fan If...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next