Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

When it rains...it pours...

Go down 
+8
JW
ChristinaAL
pamh36
Rob
Gin
Rhonda
Savannah
Misti
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : When it rains...it pours... Happy010

When it rains...it pours... Empty
PostSubject: When it rains...it pours...   When it rains...it pours... EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 7:24 pm

Just wanted to update you on the latest news about Shiloh and other things!

We got a call from Dr. Hennessy, the ears, nose & throat doctor that Shiloh went to see. She said that she had read the results of the CAT scan and it looks like Shiloh has a condition called, "Enlarged Vesticular aquaduct." Basically, a piece of his inner ear that sits next to his brain is enlarged and that is causing his hearing loss. If left untreated, the doctor said he would probably be deaf by the time he was 13. The condition is evident in his left ear and possible in his right ear.

So, they are sending him to a doctor in San Antonio for a second opinion and then decide the treatment. That would probably be inserting a hearing device in his ears (through surgery) to improve his hearing. He wouldn't be at 100% but it would be a big improvment.

They are limiting his sports/P.E./rough housing activities until this is taken care of. Because of the fluid around his brain, those activities could cause the fluid to slosh around and make it worse, meaning permanent hearing loss. So, he's going to get a note from school and now he is no longer in the Spurs basketball league anymore.

So, we will keep you further updated.

Now, on to the other bad news. BJ, Shiloh's 4-H goat has been bloated and not eating since yesterday. David consulted with vets, 4-H people, etc, and they suggested treatment. Basically, he had a bloated stomach because of improperly digested food.

So the first thing we tried was standing BJ up so that he would burp and maybe dislodge/shift what was blocking up his esophogus. We had him standing for a little while but he was too weak and he couldn't stand anymore.

Next, it was suggested that we squirt cooking oil down his throat so that it would soften it all up and dislodge it. The third suggestion was running a tube down his throat to get the gas out. Well, when we did the oil he bleated a bit and acted like he had trouble breathing. He was laying on his side, barely breathing when I got the hose and some vaseline to help it go down.

By the time we tried that, he was already gone. David tried to revive him but it was too late. So we buried him on Saturday and we returned his playmate to the man we got him from. So we are officially out of 4-H, at least for this year. We lost the $250 investment that the goat cost plus his feed bill but I guess that is our fault, since we pushed him to participate this year, even though he didn't really want to.

So, anyway, please keep us, and especially Shiloh, in your prayers.

When it rains...it pours... HummerWhen it rains...it pours... MistiKeeperWhen it rains...it pours... Bookclub5When it rains...it pours... Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
When it rains...it pours... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: When it rains...it pours...   When it rains...it pours... EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 7:34 pm

Oh, Misti........I'm so sorry. You certainly have a lot on you right now. Would you like me to have Shiloh added to my church's prayer list? I'll be praying that the doctors will know exactly what to do to treat Shiloh's condition. {{{Misti}}}
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: When it rains...it pours...   When it rains...it pours... EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 7:48 pm

Savannah wrote:
Oh, Misti........I'm so sorry. You certainly have a lot on you right now. Would you like me to have Shiloh added to my church's prayer list? I'll be praying that the doctors will know exactly what to do to treat Shiloh's condition. {{{Misti}}}

Yes, thank you, Savannah! grinsmiley

When it rains...it pours... HummerWhen it rains...it pours... MistiKeeperWhen it rains...it pours... Bookclub5When it rains...it pours... Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : When it rains...it pours... Purple2

PostSubject: Re: When it rains...it pours...   When it rains...it pours... EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 7:58 pm

Misti, please know that you and your family are in my prayers.........Hang in there sweetie!!! grouphug

When it rains...it pours... Rhonda10When it rains...it pours... Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : When it rains...it pours... Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: When it rains...it pours...   When it rains...it pours... EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 8:56 pm

Misti, I will keep Shiloh in my prayers. I know its hard enough knowing your child is having a problem , but surgery too! I'm sure San Antonio will have good doctors. If not come down to Houston ....Texas Childrens will fix him right up! Chin up!

When it rains...it pours... Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : When it rains...it pours... Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: When it rains...it pours...   When it rains...it pours... EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 10:30 pm

Shiloh and your family will be in my prayers, Misti. :alright:
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: When it rains...it pours...   When it rains...it pours... EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 9:30 am

{{{{{MISTI}}}}}} You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

When it rains...it pours... PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: When it rains...it pours...   When it rains...it pours... EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 2:15 pm

Misti, I'm so sorry to hear about everything. How is Shiloh holding up? Your family is in my prayers! {{hugs}}

When it rains...it pours... ChristinaKeeper2 When it rains...it pours... 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : When it rains...it pours... Happy011

PostSubject: Re: When it rains...it pours...   When it rains...it pours... EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 3:37 pm

Oh I'm So Sorry Your family is in my Prayers

When it rains...it pours... Jacobk10When it rains...it pours... Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: When it rains...it pours...   When it rains...it pours... EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 10:17 pm

Blue Wow, sorry to hear about everything that is going on Misti. I will keep Shiloh in my prayers. {{{Misti}}}

When it rains...it pours... Horses10
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: When it rains...it pours...   When it rains...it pours... EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 11:33 pm

{{{{Thanks everyone}}}}} I really appreciate all your warm wishes and prayers. Christina, Shiloh is doing okay. Yesterday we buried him and Shiloh went later and put the soccer ball that BJ liked to play with on his grave. I think he'll be okay.

Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
When it rains...it pours... LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : When it rains...it pours... Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: When it rains...it pours...   When it rains...it pours... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 1:26 pm

{{{ Misti }}} Shiloh and your family will be in my prayers!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : When it rains...it pours... Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: When it rains...it pours...   When it rains...it pours... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 1:31 pm

Oh...Misti...What a lot of things you are going through! I'm very sad to know these news.

I'll keep your family in my prayers and specially Siloh. Blue

Vanesa.

When it rains...it pours... Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Docfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 225
Mood : When it rains...it pours... Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: When it rains...it pours...   When it rains...it pours... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2008 1:56 pm

My thoughts and prayers go out to you during this time. Wishing you and your family all the very best of luck and health!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When it rains...it pours...   When it rains...it pours... Empty

Back to top Go down

When it rains...it pours...
Page 1 of 1