Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove Empty
PostSubject: Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove   Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:24 pm

What was the reason for writing out the whole family in season 9 (I think..the one where the Carters move in)? Was it that Michael Landon wanted to work on other things? Did they want to take the show in another direction?
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove   Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:44 pm

This is just a guess, but I was thinking that maybe Michael Landon wanted to do Highway to Heaven and Matt was going to do Whiz Kids. I am not sure though.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove   Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:53 pm

Karen Grassle (Ma Ingalls) was not wanting to come back and do anymore LH, and there were others as well that were tired and did not want to keep going..........ML did have others ideas for new shows, but he knew the public wanted more LH, so he kept on with season 9. No

Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove Rhonda10Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove   Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 2:27 am

I like some season 9 episodes,but think season 8 should of been the last season.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove   Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 7:18 pm

I think season 9 could have succeeded better if it primarily focused on characters we already knew and loved, like Laura and Almanzo, Nels and Harriet, Willie (and his new wife was cute), Doc Baker, and Revd. Alden and Mr. Edwards. I think they brought in too many new characters. I would rather have seen Laura and Almanzo move back to the Little House instead of into their big boarding house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove   Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove Empty

Back to top Go down

Season with the Ingalls leaving Walnut Grove
Page 1 of 1