Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Mexican Story

Go down 
+5
Farmer Girl
Savannah
Lily
Carol
JW
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : My Mexican Story Happy011

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 9:12 pm

Carol ask me about this in one Post so thought i was just gonna open a New Post

Carol wrote:
Where in Mexico did you live at Jacob and for how long? Learn any spanish while you were there? :cool2:

Well my My Parents Grew up there My Grand Parents Went there when they were 8 & 10 all of my Sibling were born there too Including me then we Lived there till i was 8 then we moved to canada we had been to Canada Before already For a Summer Just to Work there but My Parents Deciced we could't make a Living there There's A BIG spot of Mexico that Speaks German not Spanish they Speak Low German and Learn to Speak High German in Schools and we Live in the Cuauhtemoc area they all speak german there. there are little towns or what where Mexican Peopel live there Most peopel Don't know even know that we all excist there in mexico We Kind of Live Like Pioneers we had cars but it was all so simpel for the Longest time we had only in outhouse not the Dream Bath room that's for sure lol No I Did't learn Spanish i know some but not a whole lot My Peopel Lived here in Canada when they moved to Mexico really we Come from Rushian My Great Great Grandparents Live there but before that my family has lived in Germany Holland Canada then Mexico

if you have any ?? just Ask

My Mexican Story Jacobk10My Mexican Story Jacob210
Back to top Go down

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 9:17 pm

wow..thats really cool!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : My Mexican Story Happy010

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 10:50 pm

Very interesting Jacob!

My Mexican Story Horses10
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
My Mexican Story LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : My Mexican Story Vianne10

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 11:09 pm

Wow Jacob, thanks for sharing your story!! Thumbsup

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
My Mexican Story Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm

That's really interesting, Jacob!
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : My Mexican Story Goodsi10

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 11:20 pm

NeatO!

My Mexican Story FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

My Mexican Story Little
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 12:55 pm

thank's i'll have to write down my whole family history then i'll post evrey thing here there's lot's more

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 3:27 pm

That is very interesting, Jacob. Thank you for sharing your story!

My Mexican Story PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 3:49 pm

JW wrote:
we had only in outhouse not the Dream Bath room that's for sure lol

In El Salvador I also experienced having an outhouse for a bathroom. lol
We did have a real bathroom put in later on and even though I was only 6 years old I remember it very very well... lol

The bathroom was the size of a bedroom.... it was all concrete. A small concrete wall divided the toilet from the rest of the bathroom. I remember I loved loved taking a shower in that new bathroom.... before that I would take baths in a "pila" - pronounced "peela", a concrete water storage. Looks like this:

My Mexican Story Pila

My parents would take baths in a bigger one, the size of a pool which was hidden further in the jungle backyard we had :haha:

So I would first have to fill a big bucket... and w/ a small bowl grab water and wet myself. If mornings were too cold... we would have to warm up the water a little first... so the fact that I could just now go to this bathroom and turn on a nob and have water poured down on my head was so facinating to me, I was running around like a chicken with her head cut off. ROTFL

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 3:59 pm

Lol Carol Before we had a bath room we had a big Bath tub just like the one the Ingalls Had except it was not Wooden it was Metal and then my Parents Bought a Real Bathtub but we did't have room to but it in the House so we always carried inside and outside And We only had Cold Water so we always had to heat water that was anoying but then we moved away from that Place it was really Cool We had a Bathroom Hot Water a Watercloset lol But the other house Was my Parents House the one without the hot water or anything We Still have that house there but last time we were there there were so many mice in there i could't stay there for the night and No Lights it had been cut off I Plan to go to Mexico in the Summer I'll try to Take Lots of Pictuers and then show you all

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 4:08 pm

JW wrote:
I Plan to go to Mexico in the Summer I'll try to Take Lots of Pictuers and then show you all

That would be neat! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : My Mexican Story Bokmal10

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 4:30 pm

What an interesting story, Jacob! And what an interesting family you have!

I didn't know that in Mexico there were people who spoke Low German and studies High german at school near Cuauctemohc! What an experience to live there!

Here in Argentina, we have colonies from people called "White Russians" who actually are German people (they also speaks Low German) who were formerly established in Russia. They came here to the province of Entre Ríos, Misiones and some two others, to make a living and have some land. Their descendance is still here and they are nice people. My great-grandpa was a rural doctor for "White Russians" around 1930, in a little village named Villa Hernández. I knew it and they had a very nice church, very similar to the one you see at LHOTP!!! And their lifestyle is quite similar t the Walnut Grove's one. Of course, now they have TV, Internet and all...They are almost all, Lutheran.

Vanesa.

My Mexican Story Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 11:15 pm

Cool Vanessa Well Some Peopel in mexico Are yet still very against TV & Internet

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 10:25 pm

Some people from Hernandez are against internet! But it is there, anyway! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : My Mexican Story Love-s10

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 12:40 pm

Thanks for sharing that Jacob! Gosh, I had no idea about German being spoken in Mexico either! You learn something new everyday! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 5:21 pm

Yes you do Amy Just hang around me I'm Very Smrt lol ROTFL

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 5:28 pm

Humble, too. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 5:29 pm

What Does Humple mean?

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 5:32 pm

Not proud, or speaking highly of one's self......... grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 5:34 pm

Oh of course that's me Lol :Hahaha: Sorry I Did't know what it meant :shy:

Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : My Mexican Story Party010

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 1:46 am

Whew...thank goodness Jacob. I thought this was going to be a story about how you had to spend a night in a Mexican jail. Don't worry buddy, I was thinking how many pesos I'd have to get to bail you out!Image hosted by servimg.com
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : My Mexican Story Love-s10

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 9:21 am

flatbroke wrote:
Whew...thank goodness Jacob. I thought this was going to be a story about how you had to spend a night in a Mexican jail. Don't worry buddy, I was thinking how many pesos I'd have to get to bail you out!Image hosted by servimg.com

ROTFL

Larry, I love it when you just show up out of the blue! All of a sudden things get very lively around here! happy1

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 11:55 am

Oh Well If i all of a sudden come in to the Mexican Jail I'll Give you a Call I'll tell the Police or should i say Policía That you have Porciones de dinero But Maybe i should't lie to the Police Laughing

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 10:18 pm

¡No molestes a la policía, Jacob! Tiene mucho que hacer...No le des demasiado trabajo.

Vanesa. grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 10:54 pm

:Hahaha: Vanesa!!

You heard her, Jacob. The police have enough to do - so don't let us hear about you showing up in some Mexican jail! :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Mexican Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Mexican Story   My Mexican Story Empty

Back to top Go down

My Mexican Story
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next