Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blizzard conditions!

Go down 
+10
Lily
flatbroke
Rhonda
Rob
Amy
JW
Teresa
Farmer Girl
Vanesa
Savannah
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 Bokmal10

blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard conditions!   blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 12:10 am

Beth Ingalls was saying she got 17" in her part of Wisconsin today. Wow! That's a lot of snow. I hope and pray that everyone stays safe.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard conditions!   blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 8:39 am

Amy wrote:
Oh my goodness, Savannah! I can relate!! Rob, how are you doing up there??? We have the worst roads right now that I've driven on in at least 3 years. We had ice underneath already, and we're expected to get between 10 and 12 inches here. last I heard. I'm not really all that prepared to be snowed in...I should have gone grocery shopping last night! :unsure: I hear it's even worse going toward Detroit. Pam, how's the weather in your neck of the woods? My sister came home from Ann Arbor today (on business) and she said it's just ALL ice there! So I guess I'm lucky where I live!

My hubby is driving home from Grand Rapids right now....I told him to pull off if it gets too bad. I'm kind of a nervous wreck right now, cooking dinner and sitting here trying to 'keep busy'! LOL! I wish he would have just stayed put over there, but he said the roads were fine on that end. He'll be surprised as he gets farther east!! :sad5:

We only ended up with around 4 inches of snow on the ground, but it was all of the icy stuff underneath that made things slick. Schools (the kids schools anyway, not my college bawling ) were closed today because everything froze up overnight and made driving treacherous. So, hopefully, when I head out for school in a few hours the salt has done the trick and it'll be okay. It's the side roads that are always horrible though.

blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard conditions!   blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 10:47 am

What a shame that you didn't get a snow day, too! I know what you mean, though - I'm supposed to work today, and the roads are SO bad.....I haven't heard a plow go by YET! We're still shovelling out. LOL! What a storm! Twenty inches of snow. WOW!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard conditions!   blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 1:37 pm

blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 28_4_3blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 28_4_4 See you in the Spring Savannah!!! :haha:

blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 Rhonda10blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard conditions!   blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 2:15 pm

Wow...I figured you would have had more there, Pam! I have a friend who lives in Howell and they got about 7 inches. We have about 4 here too...but again, it's the ice underneath that's so bad. My hubby actually said the highways weren't that bad...like you, it's the in-town roads that are nasty. We have a snow day here today too---I'm doubting we'll have one again tomorrow, but we might, considering how busy the plows and salt trucks are out there. And that stinks that your college didn't close! Even MSU closed mid-day yesterday...they NEVER do!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard conditions!   blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 11:21 am

Yeah, we really didn't get too much. They closed the schools last Friday too, because the forecasters predicted 8 - 10 inches in our area. We ended up with about 3 inches. Kelsey's worried if they get anymore, they'll have to start making them up at the end of summer. And she does NOT want to do that!! Laughing

blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard conditions!   blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 11:55 am

We're already out of snow days. We ran out last week. So they're already going to have to make up three days at the end of the year. But it's much better than risking the lives of the children, staff and bus drivers!

We're supposed to be getting another snowstorm on Saturday night through Sunday, with another 6-8" forecast. When this stuff starts melting, the fairgrounds is going to be completely flooded. The trees looked absolutely amazingly gorgeous down along the riverbanks, though! All along the river, the trees were covered with snow clinging to their branches. It was breathtaking.

I hope the snowstorm holds off til Saturday night! I have to work, and I'm hoping to go see my niece and nephews. A couple of times I've gone, it was almost impossible to see the roads because of drifting. I wish people would use the snow fences like they used to!
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard conditions!   blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 3:07 pm

We had the horrible wind and snow last week, major fog the other night, but believe it or not right now it is about 40 degrees here and we actually have sunshine!! February is when I usually am ready for spring. I'm getting burned out on cold, nasty weather...

blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard conditions!   blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 1:51 pm

Awww, I'm jealous, Savannah! I only got eighteen inches. ;)

I'll come over and shovel for you; I love shoveling. :)

blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard conditions!   blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 7:17 pm

I might take you up on that on Monday. Rob said that he won't, so I could use the help. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard conditions!   blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 9:42 pm

I love snow...But all the same, Savannah, be careful driving those days...Until snow goes awa. :Blizzard:

Vanesa.

blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard conditions!   blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 11:15 pm

Thank you, Vanesa. grouphug I appreciate your concern. Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard conditions!   blizzard - Blizzard conditions! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blizzard conditions!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2