Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder

Go down 
+11
charles ingalls
Kathleen Marie
Amy
Vanesa
LIWnut
HarrisonCrosby4387
ChristinaAL
JW
Lily
Savannah
Rhonda
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21161
Mood : ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Purple2

ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Empty
PostSubject: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 10:03 am

Today, February 10, marks 51 years ago that Laura Ingalls Wilder passed away leaving us her great legacy. She was 90 years and 3 days old at the time. What a wonderful life she led and what a great woman to leave her story with us.

ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder 8_3_19

ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Rhonda10ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Happy010

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 10:04 am

What a lady!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 2:04 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder is one remarkable lady that I will never forget. :cabn:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Happy011

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 2:59 pm

Laura Ingalls Wilder is one wonderful lady and i will always be thank ful that she wrote her storys down for us

ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Jacobk10ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Jacob210
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 4:33 pm

I'll always be thankful to Laura for sharing her life with us. What a wonderful lady!

ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder ChristinaKeeper2 ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Happy011

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 4:57 pm

Thank you for all you have done for us. If it were not for you, we would not have some of this wonderful things we have gained because of you. :)

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 7:32 pm

If it were not for Laura's stories, I would have never met my best friends who are now as close as family. Thank you Laura. You have made my life richer.

ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder MarilynKeeper ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptySun Feb 10, 2008 9:43 pm

Laura was a remarquable woman and a great author. I first knew the TV show, but when I could read English and I knew Laura existed and has a real life, I tried to get her books and know more and more about her biography. Now, I'm not an expert about her, but I read all I could read about her life and times. Without her, I shouldn't know anything about pioneers in America.

Thank you Laura! You are a dear! :woohooo: Thumbsup

Vanesa.

ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 9:49 am

What an inspiration she was/is! Everytime I think I'm getting too old to try something new, I think "But Laura didn't publish her first book until she was in her 60's!!" Pretty amazing. Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 9:59 am

Happy Birthday Laura Ingalls Wilder!! I love her books!! She is someone that if you could actually go back into time, I would want to meet!!

ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 2:17 pm

thanks luara and melissa bring your character to life
so to speak what it was like when you was alive back then

ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 12:45 am

Laura Ingalls Wilder will ALWAYS live on in our hearts and everytime we pick up one of her books.

I thank her for leaving her legacy with us.
Back to top Go down
Docfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 225
Mood : ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 12:46 pm

Laura lives on through her books and her story...always and forever... :cabn:
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 10:04 am

Dont know where I was in Feburary when this was posted, but I know how she blesses MY life daily. As a child Laura gave me an escape from parents that were in the middle of a nasty divorce, and as an adult in a world now that is fast paced and cruel she has given me hope that real, honest people are still out there.
Its my hope that through this website and the friends that I've met here that Laura's legacy will go on for generations. Laura inspires us all to work hard, spend time with our families and see that when you write things down they do get noticed!
I'm thankful that God granted her 90+ years so that she could write her stories. What she intended as childrens stories only came to find the child in us all.

ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Docfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 225

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 12:02 pm

Gin wrote:
Dont know where I was in Feburary when this was posted, but I know how she blesses MY life daily. As a child Laura gave me an escape from parents that were in the middle of a nasty divorce, and as an adult in a world now that is fast paced and cruel she has given me hope that real, honest people are still out there.
Its my hope that through this website and the friends that I've met here that Laura's legacy will go on for generations. Laura inspires us all to work hard, spend time with our families and see that when you write things down they do get noticed!
I'm thankful that God granted her 90+ years so that she could write her stories. What she intended as childrens stories only came to find the child in us all.

Amen...I could not have said it better!! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:59 pm

man it would've been something for her to been on little house seeing melissa play her

ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:30 pm

Yes

Laura was a really wonderful person. Smile

Leaves ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 11:33 am

everything i've read and heard of her voice she is amazing person.
i am gonna think alot about laura and her family this christmas when i am with my family. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 11:50 am

I meant to post this the other day and found myself busy with life and forgot. February 10 marked Laura Ingalls Wilder's death. Our favorite Half-Pint has been gone for 60 years.

ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder 83b187b823b2e325503d9029cac7fe51

ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Rhonda10ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Lauram10
Back to top Go down
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 4:34 am

she is just like me writing diarys and letters to my friends.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder EmptyMon Feb 10, 2020 11:30 am

63 Years ago, a wonderful writer and woman passed away leaving a legacy behind that continues to draw interest. 63 years is also the number of years that Almanzo and Laura lived in their Rocky Ridge Farm. Who would imagine that a small child nicknamed, 'half-pint' could leave such a mark on the world!

ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Liw5610
ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Liw5710
ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Liw5810

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder   ingalls - In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder Empty

Back to top Go down

In Memory of Laura Ingalls Wilder
Page 1 of 1