Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2 year old in need of prayers

Go down 
+10
Lily
Gin
Carol
bethandmanly
Savannah
Vanesa
pamh36
JW
Teresa
Rhonda
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : 2 year old in need of prayers Purple2

2 year old in need of prayers Empty
PostSubject: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:35 am

We have an almost 2 year old, at our church, in need of some prayers. His eye started hurting and 'bulging' some and he was taken to the Children's Hospital in Little Rock and then to Memphis, where he was diagnosed with a form of cancer. They had to remove the eye and in a few weeks, they will go back and fit him with a glass eye. He is the youngest of six children and his brothers and sisters are worried sick about him, so they all need your prayers. I thank you ahead of time. His name is Ashton. :sad5:

2 year old in need of prayers Rhonda102 year old in need of prayers Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : 2 year old in need of prayers Happy010

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:41 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhh..........how scary for him. Ashton and his family will be in my prayers.

2 year old in need of prayers TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : 2 year old in need of prayers Happy011

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 8:46 am

He has my Prayers

2 year old in need of prayers Jacobk102 year old in need of prayers Jacob210
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 10:01 am

That is so sad. He is in my prayers.

2 year old in need of prayers PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : 2 year old in need of prayers Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 1:25 pm

I will pray for Ashton...Poor little sweet thing! Cancer again!!! Oh, how I hate this dreadful illness!!!! banghead banghead banghead

Vanesa.

2 year old in need of prayers Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
2 year old in need of prayers Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 1:29 pm

Oh that poor baby! Little Ashton has my prayers. Please keep us posted, Rhonda!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 1:45 pm

How awful! I'll certainly be praying for Ashton and his family.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 3:37 pm

Poor little guy Blue He will be in my prayers.

I have a cousin who has had a glass eye since he was very little too. He learned to live with it very well. He has a great job and a family and is an active guy.

If the cancer can be taken away by removing the eye.... let it be so... I am sure he will adapt and even though it will be hard at first to get used to it... he will be alive and growing well and healthy and still have a good life.

Love for little Ashton.

2 year old in need of prayers Horses10
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : 2 year old in need of prayers Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 6:41 pm

I'll remember Ashton in my prayers Rhonda. I know that must have been so scary for his parents. Keep us posted.

2 year old in need of prayers Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
2 year old in need of prayers LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : 2 year old in need of prayers Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 2:03 pm

Poor little fella. No I will definitely pray for Ashton and his family.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : 2 year old in need of prayers Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 8:25 pm

poor little baby! I have a 2 year old sister. I just can't imagine the things that family is going thorugh. They all will be in my prayers.

2 year old in need of prayers FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

2 year old in need of prayers Little
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl1993
Town Business Owner
Town Business Owner
georgiagirl1993

Number of posts : 1585

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 2:10 pm

Ashton and his family will be in my prayers.

2 year old in need of prayers Keeper
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 6:14 pm

Poor baby Blue It's terrible for anyone to have to go through something like this, but when see it happening to a child...No What a cruel disease. Ashton and his family are in my prayers.

2 year old in need of prayers ChristinaKeeper2 2 year old in need of prayers 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : 2 year old in need of prayers Purple2

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 6:41 pm

UPDATE ON ASHTON..... Wink

Today they put Ashton asleep and did a bone scan and auditory test. Both of the test came back good. Tomorrow he has an EKG/ECHO test in the morning. Thursday we will get the central line placed in his chest and they are going to draw spinal fluid to look for cells and assuming there is room in the hospital, we will start of first chemo treatment on Thursday afternoon. He will be admitted as an in-patient for the 1,3 and 5th chemo treatment. He will receive 6 rounds of treatment each three weeks apart. One treatment takes 36 hours and the other treatment takes three days to administer but we are considered out patient when we receive those treatments. The doctor said that when retinoblastoma tumors are not followed up with chemo, they see about a 30 – 40% reoccurrence rate of tumors so he really feels that this is the best treatment course and he thinks that he will be cancer free at the end of the treatments. We will still have to come back every three months for MRI and bone scans. Debbie and I will receive detailed training on taking care of the central line which will stay in his chest until the treatments are over. Debbie will also have to learn how to give Ashton some special shots to help stimulate his white blood cell counts between treatments.

Please continue to keep Ashton in your prayers,

James and Debbie

2 year old in need of prayers Rhonda102 year old in need of prayers Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 6:56 pm

Oh my gosh, poor little fella. Prayers are being said.

2 year old in need of prayers Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : 2 year old in need of prayers Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 6:56 pm

Oh Rhonda, I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine going through this as a parent. Such a little guy to be going through this kind of trauma and it just seems so unfair. Ashton and his family will be in my prayers. Thanks for letting us know.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
2 year old in need of prayers Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 7:28 pm

Thank you for the update, Rhonda. Prayers for strength and healing are still going out. Precious little fella.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 6:03 pm

Thanks for updating us, Rhonda. Ashton and his family are still in my prayers.

2 year old in need of prayers ChristinaKeeper2 2 year old in need of prayers 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old in need of prayers   2 year old in need of prayers Empty

Back to top Go down

2 year old in need of prayers
Page 1 of 1