HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

One Stroke

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19960
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: One Stroke   Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:05 pm

What were you looking up Marilyn? The abbreviation for Arkansas is AR, not AK. So, if you were putting in Eureka Springs, AK, you were looking for it in Alaska. Might try again using AR. Thumbsup

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6

Number of posts : 2529
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: One Stroke   Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:52 pm

I was trying to find the pictures, not the place where I got them. I can't remember the name of the artist who did these amazing creations. I know that they are not shown on the Passion Play website, I've looked.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13379
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: One Stroke   Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:02 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I got them when I was in Eureka Springs, AK at the Passion Play. I looked for the pics online to give you all a link but I couldn't find one.

OH, so you actually saw the play there? I was on the Eureka Springs website and I can't believe they actually have people willing to perform this almost every night (I think it was excluding Wednesdays and Sundays) and I think from April to October?!?! I mean...WHOA. That is quite the dedication!! Marilyn, was it only acting, or singing too? It must be so neat to see it outside like that! IF we go, I may have to drag dahubby! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2529
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: One Stroke   Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:14 pm

I was there in '94 so it's hard to remember but I don't think there was any singing, just a play telling the story of the last week of Christ's life. Also at the Passion Play grounds there are different displays (Rhonda, help me out here!!). There is a recreatiion to scale of the Tabernacle of the book of Exodus, a museum of bible works and a tour of different sights of biblical times. There is a huge statue of Christ with open arms called The Christ of the Ozarks. It's awesome. Eureka Springs is an amazing little town with Victorian style homes and the landscape is breathtaking, love the hills, lol.
I definately recommend a visit. I would love to return someday.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Stroke   Today at 5:17 pm

Back to top Go down

One Stroke
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2