HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Good Morning Ladies!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:00 pm

Me, too! Until I get high speed, I was singing along with the choppy video. I think I'm going to get it for my MP3 player!



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow


Number of posts : 2649
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:19 am

Misti wrote:
Me, too! Until I get high speed, I was singing along with the choppy video. I think I'm going to get it for my MP3 player!
Oh, you'll love it when you get it. The difference is astronomical. I've got about as fast a internet connection as you can get and I love it.

Now, your song for today..here's one Savannah will like..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:03 pm

Larry.......That brings back so many childhood memories. When I was a child, I used to go to a little church, way out in the country. It was by a large brook, and whenever someone was baptized, that's where we'd go. There was a beautiful little forest path leading to the brook, and a long footbridge over it. So, all of the church members would gather on the footbridge and watch the baptisms, and afterwards, we'd visit and laugh, and listen to the old timers telling stories of when they were little............Wonderful memories......... *sigh* Thank you, Larry. That was really beautiful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow


Number of posts : 2649
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:48 pm

yw Savannah :shy:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker


Number of posts : 8656
Location : California Country
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:54 pm

Savannah wrote:
When I was a child, I used to go to a little church, way out in the country. It was by a large brook, and whenever someone was baptized, that's where we'd go. There was a beautiful little forest path leading to the brook, and a long footbridge over it. So, all of the church members would gather on the footbridge and watch the baptisms, and afterwards, we'd visit and laugh, and listen to the old timers telling stories of when they were little............Wonderful memories......... *sigh*

Savannah,

I have a very similar childhood memory like the one you described. Thumbsup


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:30 pm

Here's one of my favorite. Simple...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt7L4X4li_k



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:38 pm

Another favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlrXIvMmG3s



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow


Number of posts : 2649
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:45 am

Hello ladies. Sorry I've been lagging, but I've had a lot on my plate as of late. But now, without further adieu, is a song for you. And you younger ones may enjoy this one as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:32 am

WOW! I can't believe I've just logged on this morning to find that two of my all-time favorite songs have been posted!

Misti, "No More Words" has always been a favorite...love the meaning in that song. Unreal that this group is actually heavy metal! LOL, we have their cd and I can't stand any of it except for this song! Thanks for sharing it.

Larry, I always think of my hubby when I hear "The Reason". He had a lot of growing up to do when we got married, (LOL, that kind of spanned the course of a decade grinsmiley ), and I like to think that I was the reason he decided to change. So yeah, this song has great meaning for me. Here's the video I love of it though...not sure if you like X-Files, but it's to that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0bx3N5IA8Y


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:27 pm

Back when "The Reason" was aired a lot and it came on, it was one I turned up and sang to! I love it!



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow


Number of posts : 2649
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:12 pm

Ok ladies.....put your imaginations in overdrive. Here's your song for today...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5254
Location : Minnesota
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:15 pm

LOL, Larry!! I never thought that I would meet anyone like you either!!


Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5900
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:02 pm

flatbroke wrote:
Ok ladies.....put your imaginations in overdrive. Here's your song for today...


How thoughtful of that man to keep that lady warm like that, since she lost her top and all. Laughing

Great song!


Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady


Number of posts : 2749

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:48 pm

Amy wrote:
WOW! I can't believe I've just logged on this morning to find that two of my all-time favorite songs have been posted!

Misti, "No More Words" has always been a favorite...love the meaning in that song. Unreal that this group is actually heavy metal! LOL, we have their cd and I can't stand any of it except for this song! Thanks for sharing it.

Larry, I always think of my hubby when I hear "The Reason". He had a lot of growing up to do when we got married, (LOL, that kind of spanned the course of a decade grinsmiley ), and I like to think that I was the reason he decided to change. So yeah, this song has great meaning for me. Here's the video I love of it though...not sure if you like X-Files, but it's to that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0bx3N5IA8Y

Wow, this song brings back a memory for me too...actually, of singing it in the car with Mike when he gave me a ride home after we'd gone to play pool with a big group of friends. I was shy and barely talking to him beyond small talk, yet when this song came on, I said I liked it and we both sang along...LOL a little strange but it makes me smile to think about now, and I hadn't thought about it in awhile. Thanks for the video, it definitely stirred up my memory :)




"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow


Number of posts : 2649
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:28 am

Teresa wrote:
LOL, Larry!! I never thought that I would meet anyone like you either!!

But ain't you glad you did? I'm an undernet Icon, just ask Misti. Cool

But here's a song we can dance to, just like those redneck couples........

But I'm a hillbilly, btw......


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:25 pm

flatbroke wrote:
Amy wrote:
Yep, I know this one Larry. Nice! Thumbsup

Then I'll bet here's another one you'll remember. Good vid and song. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyUUIUjdDRE

Well, from work I finally got to view these videos! This was one of my favorites! Thanks, Larry! I also love the one "Black Velvet." Anyone heard that one? It's an older one.



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13378
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:15 pm

ChristinaAL wrote:
Amy wrote:
WOW! I can't believe I've just logged on this morning to find that two of my all-time favorite songs have been posted!

Misti, "No More Words" has always been a favorite...love the meaning in that song. Unreal that this group is actually heavy metal! LOL, we have their cd and I can't stand any of it except for this song! Thanks for sharing it.

Larry, I always think of my hubby when I hear "The Reason". He had a lot of growing up to do when we got married, (LOL, that kind of spanned the course of a decade grinsmiley ), and I like to think that I was the reason he decided to change. So yeah, this song has great meaning for me. Here's the video I love of it though...not sure if you like X-Files, but it's to that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0bx3N5IA8Y

Wow, this song brings back a memory for me too...actually, of singing it in the car with Mike when he gave me a ride home after we'd gone to play pool with a big group of friends. I was shy and barely talking to him beyond small talk, yet when this song came on, I said I liked it and we both sang along...LOL a little strange but it makes me smile to think about now, and I hadn't thought about it in awhile. Thanks for the video, it definitely stirred up my memory :)

Aw, that's cool Christina...it has special meaning for both of us! And to think, it's from a group called "Hoobastank"! :unsure: grinsmiley


Sure, Black Velvet, Misti...I know that one! happy1 (Funny, for some reason I see your name and I feel I must use this smiley! Whistle batEyes ).


“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady


Number of posts : 2749

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:14 pm

Keith Whitley had one of the most amazing voices, my favorite song by him is "When You Say Nothing At All". It's a shame that he was lost. A little sad, but still a beautiful song. I'm loving every one of these grinsmiley




"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow


Number of posts : 2649
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:17 pm

Here's a little ditty I just happened upon while looking for another song. I'd never heard it before, but I think it's beautiful.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler


Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:22 pm

Did anyone see the movie Music and Lyrics? The "fake" video they do at the beginning of the movie is hilarious and so like the 80's videos.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow


Number of posts : 2649
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:31 pm

Kathleen Marie wrote:
Did anyone see the movie Music and Lyrics? The "fake" video they do at the beginning of the movie is hilarious and so like the 80's videos.
I don't think I've seen it. Is it a "Spinal Tap" kinda movie?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow


Number of posts : 2649
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:18 am

Now, you ladies are lagging. Show your love, or I'll quit posting you tunes, so nyah.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:49 am

Larry, what happened to that picture of Billy Joel that used to be your avatar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow


Number of posts : 2649
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:52 am

Rob wrote:
Larry, what happened to that picture of Billy Joel that used to be your avatar?

He got arrest for breaking and entering. He's doing 2-5 in Folsom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:59 am

Oh! Have him say hello to my uncle. He'll know him when he sees him. Unk's a lifer. He goes by the name Betty now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Today at 3:15 am

Back to top Go down
 
Good Morning Ladies!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next
 Similar topics
-
» [070223] Hyori - Good morning Section TV
» Good Morning Vicar!
» George on Good Morning America May 14, 2015
» [110207] Hyori - Good Morning TV Show [20M/avi]
» Good morning, the gentleman of the house speaking ........

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: