Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good Morning Ladies!!

Go down 
+19
carolineingalls
JW
Vanesa
poo_cat
Kathleen Marie
Teresa
Misti
emilyanneoftheprairie
Carol
Rob
Savannah
Amy
bethandmanly
Lily
ChristinaAL
Gin
pamh36
Rhonda
flatbroke
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 Goodsi10

Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:27 pm

For Lily (again). A Heart in New York.

Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2008 11:46 pm

Oh gosh, Rob, thank you for this wonderful song. I love it! Cloud 9

I should visit this thread more often. I didn't know, I hope you don't think I was ignoring you, Rob.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 9:07 am

Didn't think that for a minute, Lily.

Here are a pair of beautiful S&G songs - Old Friends/Bookends. One is about growing old, and the other is about childhood.

Can you imagine us years from today,
sharing a park bench quietly?
How terribly strange to be seventy.

Time it was, and what a time it was, it was...
a time of innocence, a time of confidences.
Long ago it must be, I have a photograph.
Preserve your memories,
they're all that's left you.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 9:17 am

:crySC: They had such intricate harmony. The music alone is enough to move me to tears sometimes. And then you add the lyrics, and I'm done for.

That was a beautiful song for Lily, too! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 11:10 am

Aw, I love that one, Rob. I almost posted that one but chose the upbeat 'Feelin' Groovy' instead. Wink You're right Savannah, about the intricate harmonies. I mean, WHO sings like that anymore? They're simply awesome. I love Art's voice, but there is just something about Paul's upper register that I adore. Those are two voices that truly mesh well together! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 3:29 pm

I love Feelin' Groovy! It always leaves me feelin'... oh, I can't think of the word for it. Some '60s word that means "good." batEyes

And Amy, I've seen The Concert in Central Park so many times it's not even funny! I can't believe that happened 27 years ago!

Have you ever seen Artie's son, James? Here they are with Art's wife, Kate. I think it's safe to say the boy isn't adopted. grinsmiley

Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 Agarfunkel
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 4:30 pm

I love Simon and Garfunkel!! I remember my Dad having their Greatest Hits Album and I used to play it all the time. I loved that one of their songs is called Kathy's Song and in another song America, the girl's name in it is Kathy...How cool is that!!

Just some info...did anyone see the episode of Arthur when Art Garfunkel played the singing Moose??? They had the hair on the moose look so much like Art's. It was so funny!!

Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 6:02 pm

Wow, Kathy. First you have Michael Landon tattooing you on his chest, and now you've got Paul Simon writing you into his songs. Thumbsup

I played the grooves outta that Greatest Hits album when I was a kid. America is one of my favorite S&G songs. As a youngster, I thought it was cool that they mentioned my home state in the lyrics. grinsmiley

I never saw Art as the singing moose!

Here's America. "Let us be lovers, we'll marry our fortunes together..."

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 6:21 pm

Thank you for posting that......I'd never heard that song before.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 6:23 pm

Hey Kathy, here you go! I had never seen this clip before. It's Kathy's Song, but with Art singing it. Paul had always done it as a solo, even back in the S&G days. Interesting!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:54 am

Kathy's Song is such a gorgeous song. I love the way Art introduces that, and how he reveals that "Kathy" is his wife. Thanks for posting that Rob, and America too. Yet another great one! Applause

I've never seen a pic of his son before---that is uncanny!! Gotta love that hair! Thumbsup All this S&G is making me want to sit through my Central Park disc again! Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:56 am

Rob wrote:
I played the grooves outta that Greatest Hits album when I was a kid. America is one of my favorite S&G songs. As a youngster, I thought it was cool that they mentioned my home state in the lyrics. grinsmiley

LOL, I still think that's pretty cool! grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:35 pm

Amy, here's Paul with the "real" Kathy from his songs. Her name was/is Kathy Chitty, and she was his girlfriend when he lived in England in the early '60s.

Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 200px-PS_songbook_LP
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:38 pm

grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:49 pm

I'm having a hard time watching that, because every couple seconds it stops to rebuffer. I'll keep trying.

In the meantime, here's an interesting feature from Art Garfunkel's website. It's a list of every book Art has read since 1968!

Art's Library
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 12:51 pm

I'm having that problem with all of the youtube videos right now. Blue I hope it clears up soon.

And what a list! I can't imagine having the time to be able to read like that, and I'm a fast reader! Doesn't he ever sleep??
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:15 pm

Rob wrote:
Amy, here's Paul with the "real" Kathy from his songs. Her name was/is Kathy Chitty, and she was his girlfriend when he lived in England in the early '60s.

Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 200px-PS_songbook_LP

Ok wait. Do you mean Paul's girlfriend eventually became Art's wife?!?! :think: Do I have that right? :faint2:

I had heard a long time ago that they had had a falling out, but I passed it off as rumor. This would certainly make sense if there was a woman in the middle! Um, wouldn't it make that song a bit, ahem, awkward to sing together?? :unsure:

And WHOA...that's a lot of books. Art is obviously one smart cookie!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:38 pm

I wrote:
From what I've read, Art's wife goes by Kate.

My mistake. His wife's name is actually Kim. Which makes it even more of a mystery as to why she's also Kathy. :think:

Last edited by Rob on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 2:43 pm

Hmm...

Just the way he introduced it made is sound like the same Kathy....strange. Also, she could have gone by 'Kathy' then and "Kate" now. That wouldn't be so far-fetched. I think I'm going to do some detective work on this.Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 Detective I'll let you know if I find anything! grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 3:17 pm

Sounds like a project! Be sure to let us know of the results.

Amy wrote:
Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 Detective

I love that!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 3:43 pm

I messed up a previous post, and somehow slipped my last one into the wrong place.

I'd said that Art's wife's name is Kate. It's actually Kim. That makes it even more mysterious as to why she's also "Kathy." :scratch:

Go get 'em, Amy!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 4:02 pm

LOL---now you've really confused me! :sillySmiley: Ok, on the clip, he says he dedicates it to his beautiful wife, Katherine! So, did he remarry since then---someone named Kim? Ok...Det. Amy must continue her undercover work....

Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 Detective I love that too! Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 5:06 pm

I'm not sure where "Katherine" comes from. I just checked Artie's IMDB bio, and it says he was married to Linda Grossman from 1972-75, and to Kim from 1988 to the present.

He was living with actress Laurie Bird when she committed suicide in 1979. I remember her in the movie Two-Lane Blacktop with James Taylor.
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 1:30 pm

Man, y'all are reaching WAY back. Good job Rob, and thanks for spinning the tunes in my absence.

Let's come up a decade or two..

ABBA...It's embedding disabled, so I'll have to hotlink it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKDdaVRNGwE&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Misti walks off muttering to herself..."I need to get a sound card for my 'puter ASAP!!!" mad

Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 HummerGood Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 MistiKeeperGood Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 Bookclub5Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Ladies!!   Good Morning Ladies!! - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Ladies!!
Page 16 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next