Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"THE COLLECTION"

Go down 
+14
Honeybee
jes9
Krissy
easyt72000
Prairie Dweller
Kristina
ChristinaAL
Farmer Girl
Coach Jon
JW
Savannah
Carol
Trixie
Vanesa
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 2:42 am

[Note from Carol regarding Editing]
Since I do the Episode Reviews, I have been given acces in the Episode Reviews forum to edit, move posts so that all posts regarding an episode stay together. If I post an episode review that has some post already started.... instead of me using the quotes feature... I will just edit the first post of whoever started the thread about that episode to include the pictures of the episodes at the top of the thread. That way, all comments and posts remain in their original form. [End of Carol's Note]

"THE COLLECTION"
"THE COLLECTION" PNK2

Reverend Alden gets sick while collecting donations. Caleb Hodgekiss, an ex-convict, helps the Reverend by giving him a place to stay and volunteering to get the donations from Walnut Grove. Caleb poses as a friend of the Reverend so that he might get donations which he initially planned to keep for himself. Caleb decides to do the right thing when he sees how kind everybody is around there.

"THE COLLECTION" Collection1

"THE COLLECTION" Collection2

"THE COLLECTION" Collection3

"THE COLLECTION" WatchPageRight

"THE COLLECTION" Collection4

"THE COLLECTION" Collection5

"THE COLLECTION" Collection6

------------------------
(teenwerewolf said....)
I know this is nit-picky, but the Ingalls seemed to have picked up the pieces pretty well after all that damage from the tornado in the previous episode ("Going Home"). Mary now has three new dresses and a new hat, and this episode couldn't have taken placed too long after "Going Home" because Alicia's dog is still a puppy. Perhaps Mrs. Whipple helped make the dresses (although she woud've still been devastated from having recently lost her son).
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : "THE COLLECTION" Bokmal10

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 2:03 pm

Good point! I've never realized that before! Oh, oh...these writers! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

"THE COLLECTION" Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Trixie
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Trixie

Number of posts : 425
Mood : "THE COLLECTION" Confus10

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 11:22 pm

Good point...I never thought of that. Probably in those times, they would've had to been quite prosperous for Mary to have three new dresses, plus a new hat.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "THE COLLECTION" Happy010

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptySun May 04, 2008 10:49 pm

"THE COLLECTION" Report2 Season 3 finally!!! :sillySmiley:
I like this episode as the first one for Season 3. Mary really looks changed here from the previous season. I gotta say that when I first saw this episode, I didn't know that man was Johnny Cash :shy:
I only really found out about him when the movie "Walk the Line" was made... I liked the songs and so I found a little about Mr. Cash.

I really like the ending of this episode. Caleb makes a turn around after realizing he could not let down all those people he had helped along the way, even though at the time, he was probably faking being Mr. nice guy.... but in the end... you could see he had a good heart.... and his wife was more than happy to live a peaceful life even though they didn't have too much money. Applause

"THE COLLECTION" Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"THE COLLECTION" Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:21 am

grinsmiley Is it just me, or does Rev. Alden look like a menacing ghost appearing to Mrs. Hodgekiss in picture #5? It looks like a scene from a female version of "A Christmas Carol".

And, I like the ending, too, Carol!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyMon May 05, 2008 11:09 am

Savannah wrote:
grinsmiley Is it just me, or does Rev. Alden look like a menacing ghost appearing to Mrs. Hodgekiss in picture #5? It looks like a scene from a female version of "A Christmas Carol".

ROTFL Yes he does....

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "THE COLLECTION" Happy011

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyMon May 05, 2008 11:21 am

I Like this Episode Cause I'm a Big Johnny Cash Fan and it was a nice story this is one of the Episode that we watch in Mexico already

"THE COLLECTION" Jacobk10"THE COLLECTION" Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyTue May 06, 2008 6:25 pm

I agree about the "menacing ghost" thing! I never could believ that our old, good Reverend Alden could look so menacing and fierce! ROTFL

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyTue May 06, 2008 6:40 pm

Hey, maybe Jon could have used that brief scene for his Little House Horror Trailer!!! grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyTue May 06, 2008 10:04 pm

:Hahaha: You're right, Carol! It would fit well with that!
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyWed May 07, 2008 6:47 am

Cool Well, if it's any consolation, I did initially look at the scene where Johnny Cash is clapping his hands in the bedroom for the Hamster Dance vid... but I just couldn't get it to work with the beat and the footage I had already chosen. Darn that Johnny Cash for not clapping on my cue! mad

"THE COLLECTION" NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyWed May 07, 2008 3:50 pm

You would think that Johnny would have rhythm, wouldn't you? grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : "THE COLLECTION" Goodsi10

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyWed May 07, 2008 7:21 pm

I have to say, I don't like this one very well. I'm not sure why, I just don't!

I do know one thing, when Mr and Mrs. Cash (whoever they played!) are leaving the church at the end, the lady who started the song (I can't remember what the song is) was Mrs. Cash singing.

"THE COLLECTION" FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

"THE COLLECTION" Little
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyThu May 08, 2008 7:33 pm

I have to be honest...if Johnny Cash wasn't in this one, I probably wouldn't like it as much as I do. I don't like the idea of someone tricking the unsuspecting townspeople, although he did make peace in the end. I just love Johnny Cash Thumbsup

"THE COLLECTION" ChristinaKeeper2 "THE COLLECTION" 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 12:03 pm

my mom certainly liked this episode since Johnny Cash was in it! however I didn't really like it. I didn't like how Johnny Cash's character cheated the people of Walnut Grove. i was happy in the end when he finally realised what he was doing was wrong.
Back to top Go down

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 3:49 pm

Carol wrote:
"THE COLLECTION" Report2 Mary really looks changed here from the previous season.
In what way does she look changed?
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 9:49 pm

teenwerewolf wrote:
In what way does she look changed?

Oh, I just meant she looked older. The first two seasons you see she has a thin kid face, and on season 3, she filled out a little more... she still looked very pretty though...
In Seasons 1 & 2 she's a cute kid, by Season 3, she became a very pretty teenager grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:39 pm

I had to laugh at Mary's pulling Harriet aside! That was definitely a Mary we rarely see!

Was this episode really the first episode of the season? It seems so odd as some of the main characters, such as Laura, were hardly in the episode!

Upon rewatching I discovered I liked this episode a lot more than I remembered I did. That's always a good thing. greenS

"THE COLLECTION" PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
easyt72000
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
easyt72000

Number of posts : 126
Mood : "THE COLLECTION" Party010

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 4:41 pm

One of my favorites. Loved Johnny Cash! Loved the part where Cash is explaining to a child about Noah and the whale, and had to be corrected that it was Jonah and the whale.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "THE COLLECTION" Headac10

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:51 am

not a fav Episode

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
easyt72000
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
easyt72000

Number of posts : 126
Mood : "THE COLLECTION" Party010

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:27 am

I watched this yesterday. FYI- in the DC area it is played on Channel 20 3-5pm Saturdays.
In what other shows/movies has Johnny Cash appeared?
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Here's his IMDB page - it lists all of his acting work:

Johnny Cash
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Quote :
In what other shows/movies has Johnny Cash appeared?

He had a recurring role on Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman as Kid Cole, a gunslinger who became the sheriff of Colorado Springs.

"THE COLLECTION" JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:40 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
not a fav Episode

Not a fav, maybe, but a good one. I like to watch it time to time. It was great to witness how this bad man begings to be happy with simple things . His fakepriesthood madehim to realize which really were important things of life. Smile

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 5:39 pm

This was okay episode.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"THE COLLECTION" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "THE COLLECTION"   "THE COLLECTION" Empty

Back to top Go down

"THE COLLECTION"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next