Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

At the hospital

Go down 
+13
pamh36
Vanesa
Lily
bethandmanly
LIWnut
Gin
Teresa
JW
Rob
Carol
Farmer Girl
Rhonda
Savannah
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

At the hospital - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 8:37 pm

I am glad to hear that the surgery went well. I sure hope that week goes by fast for him.

I will continue to keep your dad in my prayers and I will pray for your mom as well. I hope she is able to get some rest now that the surgery is over. Though I'm sure it'll be rough until your dad is back home again.

At the hospital - Page 4 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : At the hospital - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 9:13 pm

So glad to hear that the news is good. Hope your dad has a speedy recovery.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : At the hospital - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 9:54 pm

I keep praying, but I'm glad to read these news. Things seems to be better than before for your dad. But please, keep us updated about him and his recvering processus.

Vanesa.

At the hospital - Page 4 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
At the hospital - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Thank you everyone!

AND, tomorrow, he'll be able to have a cup of coffee! He's going to be doing some celebrating. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
At the hospital - Page 4 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : At the hospital - Page 4 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 11:52 pm

That's great news, Savannah!! Each day passes is a day closer for you Dad to be home, so hang in there. We're still praying for your Dad AND your Mom. When I drink my coffee tomorrow, I'll make a toast for your Dad. Thumbsup

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : At the hospital - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 9:06 am

To Dad..........At the hospital - Page 4 3_4_103and an extra cup for Savannah to join in.....At the hospital - Page 4 12_13_4

At the hospital - Page 4 Rhonda10At the hospital - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : At the hospital - Page 4 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 11:55 am

Cool!! You will have to bring him a bolloon that says CELEBTATE and make a party out of being able to drink coffee! Hey, I work at a coffee shop and if that ever happened to me, that is how I'd celebrate being able to drink the stuff again, lol.

At the hospital - Page 4 MarilynKeeper At the hospital - Page 4 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 12:31 pm

I hope your dad enjoyed his coffee! I bet it was about the best cup he ever had. grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 10:16 pm

Yes! I think that the worst thing about an illness is when your doctor saids: "You can't eat or drink" this or that...And the best thing is when the doctors allows you to drink and eats the things you enjoy! I'm happy your dad could finally drink his coffee! :woohooo:

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 10:20 pm

Well.......Coffee is put off til at least tomorrow. The doctor told my Dad he could give it a try, but Dad's stomach wasn't up to it yet. SO, hopefully, tomorrow!

My Dad is pretty groggy today, with all of the meds he's taking. But that's a good thing. It's keeping him pain-free, and helping him rest. That's what he needs. The doctor said that my Dad *may* be able to get out of the hospital a little earlier than expected! He's healing well, already. That's what prayer can do for you! Applause
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : At the hospital - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 9:54 am

So glad to hear your dad is doing well, Savannah! Here's to a speed recovery! Thumbsup (And a cup of coffee soon! Wink )

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 8:09 pm

It's been over a week.......but my Dad had his first cup of coffee today!! Applause He couldn't drink a whole cup. But he said that first sip tasted like heaven. grinsmiley Dad was also able to sit in a chair today, and eat a little bit more. He's finding that he has to eat in very, very small amounts right now.

The doctor said that my Dad's healing is about three days ahead of what had been expected. So that's pretty awesome news! He may be able to come home Thursday. We're not counting on that, though. LOL! His 3:00 surgery didn't start til 8:30, so, we've already learned not to pin our hopes on their timetables.

The staff, for the most part has been so incredibly sweet. I did have to deal with one very rude staff member, but that was it so far. The rest of the staff has been so kind!

All in all, I'd say it was a very good day.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : At the hospital - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 8:59 pm

At the hospital - Page 4 36_1_55 Wonderful news Savannah!!!!

At the hospital - Page 4 Rhonda10At the hospital - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 10:01 pm

I'm relieved, Savannah! It seems that our prayers are working! When you can get out of hospital, please make a toast in your father's name with cups of coffee...I'm sure they'll taste wonderfully OUT of hospital! :woohooo: Applause

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
At the hospital - Page 4 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : At the hospital - Page 4 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 10:09 pm

That is excellent news, Savannah. Applause I'm very happy to hear it. :woohooo: Cheers to your Dad!! Cheer

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 7:54 am

I am so happy to hear that things are going well!! Your family sure can use some good news for a change! I do hope that your dad will be able to come home on Thursday. I know he will be able to rest so much better at home.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:44 am

You know.............Even in really rotten times (like being in a hospital) it's good to be able to find something to laugh about. grinsmiley

My Dad has been just a little groggy from the meds he's been on - And he's just a little hard of hearing. Well, the nurse came in, and my Dad thought she said,

"I'm here to take your Bible"

Dad was thinking "Oh no you're NOT!"

But, he asked her to repeat what she'd said, so she repeated herself:

"I'm here to take you vitals"

:Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 12:28 pm

Too funny Savannah Laughing

I'm glad he's doing very well. happy1

At the hospital - Page 4 Horses10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 1:31 pm

Awww, your poor dad. :haha: I bet he'll be glad to get back to himself!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 10:07 pm

Applause The surgeon told us that he fully expects my Dad to be released on Thursday, rather than Saturday!!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 10:31 pm

That's wondeful news, Savannah!! How many cups of coffee has your dad had since the surgery? LOL!!

At the hospital - Page 4 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:24 pm

That's awesome Savannah. I'm so thrilled for all of you.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : At the hospital - Page 4 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:58 am

Its funny what a person will say after they have been out for a while or on meds. My hubby had a colonoscopy last spring and after waking up pointed to my chest and asked what that was! AND then said " it looks swollen." I just said." Thanks, I've been waiting 17 yrs for you to say that." I cant wait to know what I would say under the influence!

Glad your dad is doing good. Keep him moving and he'll be back to normal in no time.

At the hospital - Page 4 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 11:37 am

Savannah wrote:
Applause The surgeon told us that he fully expects my Dad to be released on Thursday, rather than Saturday!!

That is terrific!! I bet he can't wait to get home.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 12:51 pm

Your dad has been through a lot. I'm so glad that things are going well for him.
It sounds like you have been through a lot, too. Congratulations to your dad and you.

Jessi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At the hospital   At the hospital - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

At the hospital
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next