HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8657
Mood :

PostSubject: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:04 pm

--------------

So I had to babysit my neighbor's little girl. She wanted to watch Nickolodion and I was there with her looking at these cartoons that did not catch my attention at all! lol

I remember when I was little... I loved loved almost all of the cartoons on TV. I think the classic cartoons are much better than the cartoons on TV now.

One of my favorites was Beverly Hills Teens. Check out the intro to it. Thumbsup

How about you guys?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13379
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:24 pm

Smurfs was a favorite of mine...I used to collect the little figurines!

I LOVE the Peanuts Gang, mainly Snoopy. :Snoopy14:

But my favorite ever would probably be the Roadrunner show...mainly Sylvester and Tweety! Laugh out loud funny stuff!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:10 pm

Amy wrote:
Smurfs was a favorite of mine...I used to collect the little figurines!

Amy, the Smurfs is one of the earliest cartoons I remember watching as a kid and LOVED them! I wanted to get a "Smurfs" lunchbox but I didn't get it Blue

Whenever I hear the intro song... it really takes me back to when I was 5 yrs old lol

Did you know they are making a Smurfs movie to be released in the theaters? I don't know how they will pull it off.... I hope it's an animated movie... otherwise... it might look too weird... l don't know lol

I love Peanuts Gang too and the RoadRunner.

Speedy Gonzales was another favorite!!!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53816
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:37 pm

I love the older cartoons. Rocky & Bullwinkle, any of the Looney Tunes, the Hanna-Barbera cartoons - The Jetsons, The Flintstones, Yogi Bear.........I loved all of those old cartoons! And Jonny Quest is one that I discovered with my niece and nephews. We all enjoyed that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13379
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:05 am

Oh yes, Carol...I heard about the Smurf movie! How cool is that?! I may have to drag my 13 year old with me just so I can see it without being embarrassed! grinsmiley LOL...I was getting pretty old when Smurfs came out (I think it was like 1982 or so), which would have made me 12 or 13. But I was young at heart, what can I say?! batEyes

Savannah, I NEVER missed the Flintstones!! What WAS it about them that was so fascinating, I wonder??? LOL!

Oh, and Johnny Quest was never one I watched as a kid (although my hubby did) but my older son (17) watched repeats growing up and that really was a good one! Applause

And this one is going to show my age, I know, but did anyone ever watch the 'clay-mation' show on Sundays, "Davey and Goliath"? Loved that! :peace:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:43 am

Amy wrote:
And this one is going to show my age, I know, but did anyone ever watch the 'clay-mation' show on Sundays, "Davey and Goliath"? Loved that! :peace:

I used to watch Davey & Goliath in the 80s! They actually still give it, last Sunday morning I was flipping through channels and came across it and watched the lat 15 minutes of it grinsmiley

It's the one when he and his sister are in the mountains... they cross a bridge and the bridge breaks and Davey helps his little sister.... lol It was cute

I also was a big fan of Gumby

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:46 am

I used to LOVE Davey & Goliath! My niece and nephews love it, too. I bought a bunch of videos of it from someone who decided that they were too old for that kind of thing anymore. Apparently, I haven't aged that far yet. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tigru
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:26 pm

I like it to see that a lot of the cartoons are also broadcasted here years ago. Off course I know the Smurfs, liked it also! But also Yogi Bear, The Flintstones... And I loved to watch Inspector Gadget and Dungeons and Dragons, also He-Mann and Spiderman...

Nowadays I like Fairly Odd Parents and especially Avatar... We also got Nickelodeon here and Jetix, that are the channels who are broadcasting the cartoons here all day long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kleinehuis.nl
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 542
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:20 pm

I don't like any of the cartoons on now.
My Grandma taped old cartoons and I loved to watch Yogi Bear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:27 pm

I always liked the Flintstones, the Jetsons and I really liked Popeye, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:27 pm

I don't like any of the cartoons today. I grew up on "Saturday Morning Cartoons"..where it was an all morning thing! We have the Boomerang channel and I love watching it because they show all the old cartoons. My faves are The Flintstones, Scooby-Doo, Hong Kong Phooey, Jabberjaw..etc.. They just started showing The Smurfs. :) Oh..and they also show The Banana Splits...anyone remember that?? I just remembered the song but now I'm seeing the shows the played within that show. Pretty cheesy but I love it!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:34 pm

I also have Boomerang channel starmonkey. Thumbsup I don't get to watch it too much but it's cool to once in a while tune to that channel and see some of my old favorite cartoons being played. The other day they were showing Voltron.

:idance:

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:37 pm

We had Boomerang on a lot at the hospital, because my littlest niece was with us. I think we adults enjoyed it just as much as she did. LOL!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Hey, check out this fine video! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:17 pm

I think Cartoons today suck! Older Cartoons are sooooooooooooooooo much better!
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 3283
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:55 pm

Wow...these brought me back...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today   Today at 3:30 pm

Back to top Go down

Cartoons of Yesterday VS. Cartoons of Today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1