HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Who do you think will win?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Who do you think will be the next President of the U.S.?
Clinton
25%
 25% [ 3 ]
McCain
33%
 33% [ 4 ]
Obama
42%
 42% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12
 

AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Who do you think will win?   Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:51 pm

I don't want to start a political debate. I don't even want to know who you're voting for. What I'm curious about is: Who do you think will win the Presidency? Not necessarily "who do you want to win"........That may be a totally different answer. The person I really wanted to vote for isn't even in the running anymore, so now it's down to voting for the lesser of three evils. Well.........maybe not *quite* that bad. But, at any rate..........I'm curious about who you think will be the next President of the United States.

(And feel free to vote in this poll even if you don't live in the U.S.!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:07 pm

I think Barack will get the Dem nomination, but that McCain will probably win the election. The early primaries were so up-and-down, though. Things can change so fast. Seems like only a few weeks ago, Rudy Giuliani was the front-runner. Now he's out. My candidate is gone now, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan


Number of posts : 4810
Location : AT THE CIVIC ARENA.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:47 pm

I have no idea. Two of the people I wanted dropped out. Blue


LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5900
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:51 pm

I agree with Rob. I think that in the end, McCain will probably win the election.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5254
Location : Minnesota
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:55 pm

I believe that McCain will most likely win the election. It will be a close one between Obama and Clinton. It's funny to think that for the last 20 years, there has been either a Bush or a Clinton in the White House.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7227
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:01 am

I said McCain, but I believe that he will have a lot harder time beating Obama than Clinton. Ralph Nader trying to get onto the ballot in all 50 states certainly isn't going to help whoever gets the Democratic nomination.


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Trixie
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler


Number of posts : 425
Location : California
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:44 pm


I actually think it's going to be Obama...There is just so much media and such about him. It wasn't until about a month or less ago that I even learned that McCain was running.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:54 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Ralph Nader trying to get onto the ballot in all 50 states certainly isn't going to help whoever gets the Democratic nomination.

That's sure true. They say he siphoned enough votes from Al Gore in 2000 to cost him the election.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:00 pm

I've often wondered why Ralph Nader runs for the Presidency. He can't really believe that he'll win on an independent ticket. And coming in this late in the game...........I just wonder what purpose it serves. Other than pulling votes from the major parties.

It'll be interesting, too, to see what happens with the Michigan and Florida primary delegates. The Democratic party can't afford to alienate the voters of those states by refusing to recognize or seat their delegates. And yet, the officials don't want to "bend" the rules and allow them to be seated. (Although it has been done before) But it would be very difficult, if not impossible for any Democratic nominee to win the Presidency while losing Michigan and/or Florida. Refusing to seat their delegates is rather like cutting of their nose to spite their face.

And, I, too, think McCain will most likely be the next President.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7227
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:35 am

Savannah wrote:
I've often wondered why Ralph Nader runs for the Presidency. He can't really believe that he'll win on an independent ticket. And coming in this late in the game...........I just wonder what purpose it serves. Other than pulling votes from the major parties.

I doubt he thinks he'll win, but he seems like he has too much ego not to run.


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:36 am

Savannah wrote:
It'll be interesting, too, to see what happens with the Michigan and Florida primary delegates. The Democratic party can't afford to alienate the voters of those states by refusing to recognize or seat their delegates. And yet, the officials don't want to "bend" the rules and allow them to be seated. (Although it has been done before) But it would be very difficult, if not impossible for any Democratic nominee to win the Presidency while losing Michigan and/or Florida. Refusing to seat their delegates is rather like cutting of their nose to spite their face.

Wow. From now on when I'm in need of political insight, I'm going to Savannah. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7227
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:21 am

Rob wrote:
Savannah wrote:
It'll be interesting, too, to see what happens with the Michigan and Florida primary delegates. The Democratic party can't afford to alienate the voters of those states by refusing to recognize or seat their delegates. And yet, the officials don't want to "bend" the rules and allow them to be seated. (Although it has been done before) But it would be very difficult, if not impossible for any Democratic nominee to win the Presidency while losing Michigan and/or Florida. Refusing to seat their delegates is rather like cutting of their nose to spite their face.

Wow. From now on when I'm in need of political insight, I'm going to Savannah. Thumbsup

Next thing you know, we'll be seeing her on CNN. scary tv


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"



Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:33 pm

*sigh* Sorry guys. I do tend to drone on about politics sometimes. :shy:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7227
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:45 pm

No problem, I love talking politics; I just don't do it at places like these for fear of sparking too much controversy. I ran unsuccessfully for public office in town in 2003, but it is unlikely that I will do it again. Even for a small town election, I spent a significant amount of money on my campaign and ended up taking a loss. I can't afford to do that again.


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan


Number of posts : 4810
Location : AT THE CIVIC ARENA.
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:28 pm

Ralph Nader for president! lol


LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl


Number of posts : 3542
Location : near the Penguins and Steelers lovin' city!!!
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:13 pm

i don't know who will!



I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, Iĺll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Who do you think will win?   Today at 11:00 am

Back to top Go down
 
Who do you think will win?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Prairie Playground :: Jokes, Polls & Fun Links-
Jump to: