Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mothers Day and Fathers Day

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Mothers Day and Fathers Day Happy011

Mothers Day and Fathers Day Empty
PostSubject: Mothers Day and Fathers Day   Mothers Day and Fathers Day EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Are you Ready for Mothers Day and Fathers Day for the ones who still have a mother and Father? I'm Almost ready i know it's very early to do Mothers Day Shopping but i love being ready early i went for a long walk today and i happen to walk in to a Store where they had the perfect gift for my mom and i'm gonna order the gift for my father on the internet soon i already know what to get him grinsmiley

Mothers Day and Fathers Day Jacobk10Mothers Day and Fathers Day Jacob210
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Mothers Day and Fathers Day Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day and Fathers Day   Mothers Day and Fathers Day EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 3:51 pm

Mother's Day was celebrated here last Sunday, March 2nd. I had a lovely day. My kids brought me breakfast in bed, a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a CD I'd been wanting for a while. My own mom is 85 and loves flowers so both myself and the kids got her some and I got her vouchers for her favourite store. My mother-in-law is 89 and she got the same. It's so difficult to know what to get moms the older they get so at least they can buy something for themselves. The fact that we still have them and they are still in good health is the best present my husband and I could have.

Mothers Day and Fathers Day MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Mothers Day and Fathers Day Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day and Fathers Day   Mothers Day and Fathers Day EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 4:00 pm

carolineingalls wrote:
I had a lovely day. My kids brought me breakfast in bed, a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a CD I'd been wanting for a while.

Now just what am I doing wrong?!?! :think: Maureen, what awesome kids you have! I'll have to show this post to my boys. Whistle Wink

And I love your idea for a voucher for the flower store for you mom! Very nice! And yes...we definitely appreciate our moms the more the older they get, don't we? My mom is 66, but her mother died of Alzheimers, and we're seeing some signs with my mom, so every day is a blessing right now. We lost my husband's mom to ovarian cancer when she was only 56, so I don't take anything for granted, I'll tell you that.

Happy Mother's Day Maureen!Mothers Day and Fathers Day Amour37

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day and Fathers Day   Mothers Day and Fathers Day EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 5:54 pm

Happy Mother's Day Maureen! Wave

I have no idea what I'm getting either of my parents yet for Mother's/Father's Day, but hopefully as the days get closer I'll get some ideas. I agree, it's hard trying to find gifts for mom's as they get older.

Mothers Day and Fathers Day ChristinaKeeper2 Mothers Day and Fathers Day 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Mothers Day and Fathers Day Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day and Fathers Day   Mothers Day and Fathers Day EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 6:24 pm

Yeah my mom 49 and i have a hard time to figure something out as well and my dad thats worst lol they have every thing They get about the same every year Usally a DVD or Season of something they have been wanting and my Mom she gets books sometimes from me This Year i Bought my Mom a Book and my Dad he's getting a DVD from a TV series that he Really Enjoys

Mothers Day and Fathers Day Jacobk10Mothers Day and Fathers Day Jacob210
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day and Fathers Day   Mothers Day and Fathers Day EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:20 am

No, I probably won't be ready until the day before each, lol.

Actually Mother's Day week is going to be a hectic week. It's my last week of school, so I have finals. That Friday is Kelsey's dance dress rehearsal, then Saturday is her recital, which are all day events. And Sunday, Mother's Day, is Devin's confirmation. AHHHHHH!!

Mothers Day and Fathers Day PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Mothers Day and Fathers Day Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day and Fathers Day   Mothers Day and Fathers Day EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 11:39 am

Pam, that does sound hectic! OhMy I can't imagine how you're managing school, and I know how confirmation goes. When my son had his I remember all the preparation well...it's a lot of meetings and work, at least through our church. He's a sponsor this year, for my niece...I know he didn't want to do it, but he didn't know how to turn her down! :sad5: Ah, a little 'extra' religion won't kill him. Wink

I hope you get to relax on your mother's day, Pam. You will certainly be deserving of a special day!Mothers Day and Fathers Day Accord02 It seems far away right now, but it's really not!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day and Fathers Day   Mothers Day and Fathers Day EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 12:10 pm

Awww, that is sweet of your son to help his little cousin out like that.

Yeah, it'll be hectic, but that's what being a mom is all about. It'll be fine. I think we'll just end up going somewhere for his confirmation lunch, that way I won't have to worry so much about getting the house ready. I'll never have the time. But the bad thing is that restaurants are SO busy on Mother's Day!! So, we're still trying to figure out just what to do about that. Maybe even getting some food and having it at a park might be an option as well.

Mothers Day and Fathers Day PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day and Fathers Day   Mothers Day and Fathers Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Mothers Day and Fathers Day
Page 1 of 1