Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scrapbooking

Go down 
+8
Farmer Girl
HarrisonCrosby4387
ChristinaAL
Lily
LIWnut
Savannah
JW
Amy
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Scrapbooking - Page 2 Goodsi10

Scrapbooking - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 10:34 pm

Savannah wrote:
Rob, what a wonderful idea!

The best part is that, as a gift, it's just so wonderfully... cheap. batEyes
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Scrapbooking - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 9:55 am

Lily wrote:
Rob, what a cool idea you had!! Thumbsup I wish I had done that when my two daughters were born. No

Isn't there a website you can go to to get newspapers from the past? I thought I'd heard or read that somewhere. :think:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Scrapbooking - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Scrapbooking - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 11:42 am

I think there is! But a person would have to be careful about using the newspaper as a background for irreplaceable pictures. The acids in the ink can destroy pictures over time.

I wish I'd have thought to save a newspaper from the day each of my nieces and nephews were born. That is just such a fabulous idea. (Even if you DID call it cheap, ROB. :Hahaha: )
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Scrapbooking - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 12:19 pm

Now why did't i think of that Rob when my niece was born? Well my town only has one News Paper every week i guess it would work just Save that News Paper from that week i'll have to do that next time i guess i might be abel to get a copy yet of that Newspaper the week my niece was born

Scrapbooking - Page 2 Jacobk10Scrapbooking - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 6:55 pm

One other think, I don't think I mentioned but Savannah's post mentioning newspaper articles reminded me of it - about 2 or 3 years ago, my parents got me a laminator for Christmas and since then, I've been laminating each magazine/newspaper article I have. Some of them are yellowed with age already, but at least laminating them can keep the newers one looking whiter and keep all of them from getting too banged up. Maybe that would be an idea for someone wanting to use a newspaper article for a background to pictures, that way the ink wouldn't get to the pictures? The laminator itself is around $50 I believe, and the replacement rolls are $30 (yuck!) but I used to buy individual sheets of paper that you could press over the article. A little more difficult, but it still works grinsmiley

Scrapbooking - Page 2 ChristinaKeeper2 Scrapbooking - Page 2 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 7:06 pm

MattLabMyLove wrote:
Lol, thanks. Yeah it is loaded. But Christina probably has a lot more because she has been working on it for a few years. Good lukc with yours a well. Wave

If I had all the money I've spent on pictures and articles in the last 10 or so years, I could probably pay for a good chunk of my wedding...ROTFL Seriously, probably not that much, but a decent bunch. I wouldn't trade them back for the money though. It's fun, putting them all together in a book and reading back over them! :)

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Scrapbooking - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 10:09 pm

I agree, I don't care how much money my Matt, LHOP, and Beatles things are worth. I am not parting with them.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 11:59 pm

Well I did it!! I completed my son's scrapbook tonight, just in time for his graduation open house on Sunday! He graduates Friday night, so I'll scrap the pics we take that night too...I left two pages blank in the back of the book for that. I can't believe I actually finished it!! Cheer

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Scrapbooking - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 8:35 am

Great job Amy. I'm sure he will love it.

Scrapbooking - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Scrapbooking - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 9:48 am

That's great, Amy!! I know he'll love it. grinsmiley

Scrapbooking - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 10:50 am

Thanks Marilyn & Pam! Well, I don't think he really 'appreciates' it right now...you know how boys are Whistle ....but I know one day he will. At least I know his future wife will! grinsmiley

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 11:55 am

Thats so great Amy. Your right his future wife will thank you for doing it. I wish I would have done something like this with my boys. I do have tons of pictures of them. Th is one thing I did/still do with the boys. A picture is worth everything. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 12:49 pm

Amy, what a beautiful gift! While he might not appreciate it now, someday he will. I guarantee it!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 12:52 pm

How old are your boys, Susie? I didn't start Brendan's baby book until he was 15! LOL! I did stay organized by keeping the pics in photo boxes though...that is the easiest thing to do and at least it keeps all the dates together. My MIL didn't do any photo albums and all the pics were just scattered in boxes. I vowed a long time ago I wouldn't do that with my kids' pics, even if they were just stuck in basic albums or photo boxes.

Thank you Savannah! My hubby and parents are thrilled with it too, which makes me feel good. It will be a fun thing for people to look at during the open house and a conversation piece as well.

Next project? My 13 yr old's baby book! grinsmiley Someday maybe I'll get around to doing our wedding album. :unsure:

Oh, I wanted to make one comment. Since I went digital 3 years ago, I am completely disorganized. Seriously, part of me wants to go back to good old film. I like sharing pics online and everything, but I am terrible about letting the memory card fill up, storing pics online forever, and then never printing them out! I had to do a bunch of the recent pics of Brendan (meaning, in the last 3 years) via our own printer and the quality didn't turn out that great. Not sure what I'm going to do, but I am BAD with my digital camera! Blue

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 1:33 pm

Susie!! Thanks for the link!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 1:38 pm

No problem. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Scrapbooking - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 1:41 pm

Amy wrote:
I had to do a bunch of the recent pics of Brendan (meaning, in the last 3 years) via our own printer and the quality didn't turn out that great. Not sure what I'm going to do, but I am BAD with my digital camera! Blue

Amy, if you can take what you have saved to your computer and burn them to a cd, you can then take the cd to Walgreens or Wal*Mart and print them out really cheap!!! grinsmiley

Scrapbooking - Page 2 Rhonda10Scrapbooking - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 2:01 pm

Yeah, that's what I should do Rhonda...then I could choose to do only a few at a time, so I won't 'feel it' all at once. Walmart still charges like 17 cents a picture, right? I still have a LOT to learn! Whistle

Susie, that looks really cool! And what a neat thing to hand out to family members! I was thinking, since you have 4 boys (WHOA!), I would just tackle one at a time. Start with your oldest, like I did. Round up all you can on just him, and scrap those. Once that one is done (even if it's just a 'baby/toddler' book), then move on to the next one in line. It doesn't have to be elaborate...just keep your focus on the ONE. It was hard for me not to even think about scrapping anything for Nick these past two years, but it was only by keeping my focus on the one child that I accomplished this. Then by the time your youngest is 15, you'll have your other boys completed and you can focus on him! Wink

I saw a photo album made by a friend through "Shutterfly", and it's the coolest thing. We have a computer guru friend who could help me fanaggle my way through that, if I wanted to switch from doing the 'traditional' scrapbooking. The nice thing about the traditional is that I can sit and gab with friends and also get in touch with my 'hands on' creative side. You know? But man, that Shutterfly album looked sooooo professional!

I'm not happy with our particular digital camera. I think my niece's Samsung that has less megapixels is much better than ours. Honestly, I think we need to spend more money. What camera do you all have, and would you recommend it?

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Scrapbooking - Page 2 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Scrapbooking - Page 2 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 10:10 pm

That's great, Amy!! It's a nice feeling to have something accomplished!! happy1

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 3:01 pm

Hey Amy, congrats on finishing your scrapbook! Like Lily said, it is a nice feeling to get something like that accomplished, and now, you'll always have it to look back at as well. Thumbsup grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scrapbooking   Scrapbooking - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scrapbooking
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: