HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

To Save or to Spend? That is the Question!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8656
Mood :

PostSubject: To Save or to Spend? That is the Question!   Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:32 pm

As many of you know this year we will be getting a 'bonus' from the government. It's $600 for singles and $1200 for couples plus $300 per kid.

lol

This site lets you calculate how much you will get and when. Thumbsup

http://www.irs.gov/app/espc/

So what will you do with yours? Spend or Save it?

*I will save mine. and spend a little of it... but most will go to savings for emergencies :idance:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird

Number of posts : 4117
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: To Save or to Spend? That is the Question!   Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Not sure...I suggested to hubby the other day that we might split it 50/50. We never really get money to do with what we want to, but when the time comes, we will see. Maybe use some to go to Corpus Christi for the weekend. Spend some on bills and split the rest. Decisions...decisions! :think:

"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: To Save or to Spend? That is the Question!   Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:58 pm

It'll probably go towards bills, or some home repairs. Fun stuff!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Number of posts : 9006
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: To Save or to Spend? That is the Question!   Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:35 pm

They don't do that in Canada do they? I At least have't heard of it if they do

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady

Number of posts : 2749

PostSubject: Re: To Save or to Spend? That is the Question!   Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:53 pm

Jacob, it's something the US government is doing to "stimulate" the economy, since a lot of things (such as gas prices) are so high right now, people aren't going out and spending like before, so the government is giving a "bonus" check in hopes to stimulate the economy. As for me, I'm planning on saving half of it, and with the other half, possibly take a trip to the beach or someplace this summer. If Mike takes half of his and I have half of mine, hopefully we can get a weekend trip in somewhere. If we don't do that, I'll probably buy myself something fun (like shoes! grinsmiley LOL), and save the majority.

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Save or to Spend? That is the Question!   Today at 7:21 pm

Back to top Go down

To Save or to Spend? That is the Question!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1