Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Widescreen Era

Go down 
+4
Savannah
ChristinaAL
pamh36
Carol
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : The Widescreen Era Happy010

The Widescreen Era Empty
PostSubject: The Widescreen Era   The Widescreen Era EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 3:23 pm

The Widescreen Era Dell-2405FPW-24-inch

So I have been noticing that almost all the TVs now are widescreen format. Almost all the computer monitors are widescreen as well. Looks like the widescreen era is slowly introducing itself Cool

I have noticed a couple of movies in TV are given in widescreen and even a lot of internet pages are getting formatted for widescreen.

Now, each time I go to iTunes, some YouTube, Netflix and a couple others... I find myself scrolling back and forth to see all the content banghead bawling

My laptop only has a 14 inch monitor.. it's small... the programs are also outdated... so my hands are itching to buy a new computer, a desktop

I found a great deal... for $730 you get a great Dell desktop computer, w/ Windows Vista and Microsoft suite 2007 (very cool), and Adobe photoshop (awesome), it comes with a 19 inch wide screen monitor.... :sillySmiley:

So how about you guys?
How do you guys feel about this Widescreen issue? :think:

The Widescreen Era Horses10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

The Widescreen Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Widescreen Era   The Widescreen Era EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 4:29 pm

I guess it's just one of those changes that we'll get used to in time.

I do have a widescreen monitor for my computer, so I don't have a problem there.

I do hate watching a widescreen movie on a regular tv though. I feel like I'm squinting to see the picture between the huge black bars, lol.

The Widescreen Era PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

The Widescreen Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Widescreen Era   The Widescreen Era EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 4:38 pm

I agree about the widescreen movies on regular TV, Pam. It's really annoying, you feel like you're watching a strip of movie between 2 black bars! LOL. I like it when some movies on DVD offer a wide-screen or full-screen format. My dad got my mom a widescreen TV for their room last year for her birthday, the quality seems really nice. It took a little while to get used to it though - I'm not sure if was the widescreen or the picture quality but my eyes just weren't used to it at first.

The Widescreen Era ChristinaKeeper2 The Widescreen Era 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
The Widescreen Era Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

The Widescreen Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Widescreen Era   The Widescreen Era EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 6:38 pm

I agree with Pam and Christina. I don't like watching wide screen movies on a regular screen tv. It looks like part of my movie is missing that way.
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : The Widescreen Era Party010

The Widescreen Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Widescreen Era   The Widescreen Era EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 6:50 pm

I have a 17 inch, the wife has a 22 inch.

I have monitor envy.

Hey Carol, how much memory does that Dell have? The wife just paid about that much for one, and she got all you said, plus a 500 Gb hard drive and 2 Gb RAM, plus an onboard media player built right into the keyboard. It's an Ispiron 530. Sweet little machine. Mine's good, but hers is about twice the pc mine is.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : The Widescreen Era Happy011

The Widescreen Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Widescreen Era   The Widescreen Era EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 7:50 pm

Yeah i agree i hate watching Wide Screen Movies Or if you have a Wide Screen TV then there not those Black Strips?

The Widescreen Era Jacobk10The Widescreen Era Jacob210
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : The Widescreen Era Party010

The Widescreen Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Widescreen Era   The Widescreen Era EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 8:31 pm

JW wrote:
Yeah i agree i hate watching Wide Screen Movies Or if you have a Wide Screen TV then there not those Black Strips?

I don't think so. My brother in law doesn't have 'em on his tv.
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : The Widescreen Era Goodsi10

The Widescreen Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Widescreen Era   The Widescreen Era EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 8:48 pm

I hate watching widesceen movies on our not-so-widescreen TV! It gets on my nerves!!

The Widescreen Era FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

The Widescreen Era Little
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : The Widescreen Era Happy011

The Widescreen Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Widescreen Era   The Widescreen Era EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 9:54 pm

flatbroke wrote:
JW wrote:

I don't think so. My brother in law doesn't have 'em on his tv.

mmm i did't know that i though it did't make a diffrents if you had a Wide screen or a other TV I though wide screen tv was just i'm not sure what i thought it was but something else then that. I think i need to get out more? lol :think:

The Widescreen Era Jacobk10The Widescreen Era Jacob210
Back to top Go down

The Widescreen Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Widescreen Era   The Widescreen Era EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 10:37 pm

windscreen is alright i guess

but i do love the flat screen's for the compture's tho!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

The Widescreen Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Widescreen Era   The Widescreen Era EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:18 am

I have a flatscreen for my computer and I don't know if its a blessing or a curse. Seems if I go to show hubby something on the screen, it has to be at just the right angle for him to see it, sorta like the cell phone.

As far as movies on the tv, I would prefer them to all be normal and not wide screen. The black bars bug me, too!

The Widescreen Era HummerThe Widescreen Era MistiKeeperThe Widescreen Era Bookclub5The Widescreen Era Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Widescreen Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Widescreen Era   The Widescreen Era Empty

Back to top Go down

The Widescreen Era
Page 1 of 1