HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Advice about webcams

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Advice about webcams   Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:58 am

We were in Wal-Mart tonight and I was looking at Webcams. Needless to say, I know nothing about them. I see at our Wal-Mart they start at $9.98 and go up.

Now for those of you who know a lot about them; can you recommend brands, prices, features, etc. I don't want to get too technical, just something basic.

I was really tempted to get the cheapest one but I want that's gonna last me. Any suggestions?



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow


Number of posts : 2649
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Advice about webcams   Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:07 am

Misti wrote:
We were in Wal-Mart tonight and I was looking at Webcams. Needless to say, I know nothing about them. I see at our Wal-Mart they start at $9.98 and go up.

Now for those of you who know a lot about them; can you recommend brands, prices, features, etc. I don't want to get too technical, just something basic.

I was really tempted to get the cheapest one but I want that's gonna last me. Any suggestions?

Funny you should ask, I just bought my first one a couple weeks ago. I was talking to a friend that had one, so I got one. It's a Philips, and seems to work pretty well. I didn't know anything about them, so I went in the mid to upper price range. I know resolution and rate are important, but I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I can pull mine up and view myself in almost real time, and it's got a rate of 25 frames per second. The more frames per second, the closer to real time you get. Mine is off by just a second or so. But it's a pretty clear pic.

You download Skype and you can talk to ppl all over the world. I don't have it yet, so I'm not sure how it works, but a buddy of mine is recommending it.

Oh, and mine was around 20 bucks or so at Wal-Mart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor


Number of posts : 19956
Location : On my bike!!!
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Advice about webcams   Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:06 pm

That is what we have, a Philips.......I used it one time while chatting with you Misti....I think it was you........and Gin has seen me on it................ batEyes



CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Advice about webcams   Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:02 am

flatbroke wrote:
Funny you should ask, I just bought my first one a couple weeks ago. I was talking to a friend that had one, so I got one. It's a Philips, and seems to work pretty well. I didn't know anything about them, so I went in the mid to upper price range. I know resolution and rate are important, but I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I can pull mine up and view myself in almost real time, and it's got a rate of 25 frames per second. The more frames per second, the closer to real time you get. Mine is off by just a second or so. But it's a pretty clear pic.

You download Skype and you can talk to ppl all over the world. I don't have it yet, so I'm not sure how it works, but a buddy of mine is recommending it.Oh, and mine was around 20 bucks or so at Wal-Mart.

Thanks, Larry, I'll have to look for it there. I saw them from $9.95 all the way up to over $40. I know I don't want to spend that much on them. I noticed some of the boxes did mention "Skype" on them and I was wondering about it.



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird


Number of posts : 4117
Location : Texas
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Advice about webcams   Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:04 am

Rhonda wrote:
That is what we have, a Philips.......I used it one time while chatting with you Misti....I think it was you........and Gin has seen me on it................ batEyes

Yeah, Rhonda, I do remember that! And, yes, it was me! So both you and Larry recommend that brand so I'll go with that one! Thanks!



"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Advice about webcams   Today at 11:39 am

Back to top Go down
 
Advice about webcams
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Starting with mordheim.. advice appreciated.
» new Foden builder advice
» Contract Advice
» Need Tactical Advice for Multiplayer Game
» New to Halogen cooker and needing advice

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: