Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayers for Marilyn

Go down 
+14
Vanesa
Lily
Rob
LIWnut
Trixie
Carol
Amy
JW
ChristinaAL
pamh36
Alice
Savannah
HarrisonCrosby4387
bethandmanly
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Happy011

Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 1:40 pm

You're still in my prayers

Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Jacobk10Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 10:40 pm

I called the dr's office today. He made me promise that I would
check with him before considering going back to work. Over the past
few days I have had some good, some bad The head
isn't as confused from all of the drugs that was pumped into me. It
has taken 2 weeks to get them out of my system and let the head
think straight, for the most part. (No comments from the peanut
gallery!)
The nurse called back and said that he didn't need to see me but
that he would write a note saying that I would only be able to work
half days and at limited duties. The letter has been faxed to work
and it will be read by the manager tomorrow.
I went in to work this afternoon on the way to the chiropractor and
let them know what was about to happen. Everyone was happy to see
me, except perhaps one. Oh well.
So, I will likely be headed to work for a few hours on Wed, Thursday
and Friday and then all next week for half days. I am happy/nervous
to go. I am nervous because I get tired after only a few hours,
hope I can keep up.
Please keep praying. Thanks for all of the prayers so far. You
guys are amazing!
Marilyn

Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 MarilynKeeper Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 10:59 pm

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Marilyn. Do they know what caused all this?
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 11:04 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I called the dr's office today. He made me promise that I would
check with him before considering going back to work. Over the past
few days I have had some good, some bad The head
isn't as confused from all of the drugs that was pumped into me. It
has taken 2 weeks to get them out of my system and let the head
think straight, for the most part. (No comments from the peanut
gallery!)

{{{Marilyn}}} I promise - no wisecracks. Smiley Hug(Til you're all better........ batEyes )
You know I'm praying for you, sweetie. Keep us posted, so we know how to pray for you. I wish there was more I could do.

Love,
Savannah
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 9:03 am

I'll continue to keep you in my prayers, Marilyn. I do hope things go okay with the half-day schedule at work.

Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 11:31 am

I'll keep you in my prayers

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 12:52 pm

I just got back from seeing the dr. On Monday evening just after I went to bed the pain in my side returned with a vegence. I spent all day yesterday in bed and called my dr. The nurse said that if it continued today to call and go in. I went in and he poked and found the problem areas and then looked at the folder and results from the hospital. I don't have diverticulitus which is what everyone thought I had, it was ruled out at the hosptial.
So, he gave me painkillers, put me on a liquid diet and bedrest. I am to call him on Friday to let him know how I am. If things aren't better, he will have to pull a magic bunny out of his hat, or decide what happens next.
Thanks for all of your prayers. I am definately in no shape to go back to work but they haven't called and asked about me so I guess I'm not missed much there. Oh well.
I'll keep you all posted, promise. Come and join me on msn friends, I need the company!
Marilyn

Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 MarilynKeeper Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 12:56 pm

{{{MARILYN}}} I am so sorry this is still ongoing and they haven't figured out what is going on. I was really hoping that you were on the road to recovery.

I wish I could chat with you on MSN, I miss our chats. But I don't know if it's this computer (a Mac) or if I'm just too stupid to figure out how to put it on this computer, but I can't download it on here! I'm stuck with Yahoo.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 1:43 pm

:think: Could it be your appendix???? I am sure the test results would've pointed to that, but the way it comes and goes, it makes me think it could be that. I pray the doctors find out what the problem is and takes care of it, I know how it is to be in pain and not know why..... No

Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Rhonda10Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 2:26 pm

I Was thinking that too Rhonda it kind of sounds like it My Sister had her appendix removed so did my cousin I Hope they find what ever it is I'll keep Praying for you

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 4:56 pm

Oh Marilyn, I wish they could do something more for you so that you didn't keep having to deal with this on and off. Continued prayers are going up for you. {{hugs}}

Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 5:25 pm

Rhonda wrote:
:think: Could it be your appendix???? I am sure the test results would've pointed to that, but the way it comes and goes, it makes me think it could be that. I pray the doctors find out what the problem is and takes care of it, I know how it is to be in pain and not know why..... No

The appendix is on the right and the pain that I have is on the left. I know sometimes it is switched in people but they took xrays and ultrasounds and would have found it if it had been the cause of the problem, don't ya think?
I have to call the dr on Friday. I will do my best to insist that things move forward to find the problem. I'm not so good at being forceful but after all this time, I'm getting sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Well Marilyn, when my cancer came back; the right side of my abdomen, the pain was hurting me on my left side....they had a name for it, but I cannot think of it right now, but it was like an echo pain.......the source was on one side and the other side felt the pain. So, it could be the appendix talking to the left side of your body......... :think:

Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Rhonda10Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 6:03 pm

I'm praying for you, Marilyn.

Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:36 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Well Marilyn, when my cancer came back; the right side of my abdomen, the pain was hurting me on my left side....they had a name for it, but I cannot think of it right now, but it was like an echo pain.......the source was on one side and the other side felt the pain. So, it could be the appendix talking to the left side of your body......... :think:

Wow, that's scary. I'll have to ask my dr on Friday. Thanks for the tip.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 7:56 pm

We prayed for you at prayer meeting tonight at my church, too, Marilyn.

Love,
Savannah
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Thank you Savannah. That means a lot to me as do the prayers of all of the rest of you. I am doing better at the moment. I have some pain meds that are doing their job, both releiving the pain and making me tired. Don't need sleeping pills tonight, yahoo. Goodnight everyone, see ya tomorrow. LOVE YA!

Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 9:34 pm

It's awful that after all this time, they still can't diagnose your pain!! I'm still praying for you, Marilyn.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 1:58 pm

I am still hanging in there. I got home from doing a few errands and am very tired. It seems like if I go and do too much or walk to far, the pain gets worse. If I stay at home all day, I have very little pain, almost none.
I am very tired, I don't get very much sleep at night. I had meds to help but the dr wants me to get off of them. I kinda went cold turkey and now am wanting a nap in the afternoons. I don't take one but then still don't sleep at night.
Good grief. Are you all tired of hearing of my complaints? I wouldn't blame you.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 3:51 pm

You have a right to talk about something that's bothering you so badly, Marilyn. And we're here to listen. {{hugs}} I can't wait until you're feeling all better and don't have to deal with this anymore.

Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 6:41 pm

{{{Marilyn}}}

Sweetie, you were there for me when I spent over two months bed-ridden from an infection around my heart. As far as I'm concerned, you can post updates several times a DAY, and I won't get tired of hearing it.

Was there any news from your trip to the doctor on Friday? Did he have any ideas at all as to what might be causing your pain? Have they checked your spleen? (I know........I'm full of questions tonight.)

I'll try to catch you later tonight on messenger. I'm heading out for a while now.

Love,
Savannah
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:41 am

LIWnut wrote:
I am still hanging in there. I got home from doing a few errands and am very tired. It seems like if I go and do too much or walk to far, the pain gets worse. If I stay at home all day, I have very little pain, almost none.
I am very tired, I don't get very much sleep at night. I had meds to help but the dr wants me to get off of them. I kinda went cold turkey and now am wanting a nap in the afternoons. I don't take one but then still don't sleep at night.
Good grief. Are you all tired of hearing of my complaints? I wouldn't blame you.

I would never be tired of hearing your complaints. That's what friends are for.

I am continuing to keep you in my prayers. {{{{HUGS}}}

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 12:32 pm

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate those words. You have no idea how much.
Today I took meds before church and they lasted til I got home. I took some more with lunch and now I'm sleepy because of them. I'm glad it's Sunday, I won't feel guilty if I take a Sunday snooze,
I love you all,
Marilyn

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 1:35 pm

I hope you will feel better soon and not being in pain

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 9:34 pm

Don't worry Marilyn, we are here to support you. We'll never tired of hearing what you have to say. We love you deep, my dear! Thumbsup Cheer

Vanesa.

Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers for Marilyn   Prayers for Marilyn - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayers for Marilyn
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next