Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bad Virus Warning

Go down 
+6
JW
flatbroke
Farmer Girl
pamh36
Savannah
Carol
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Bad Virus Warning Happy010

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 11:19 am

:fyi: Norton Anti-Virus are gearing up for this virus!

It is for real!! If you have any doubts, go to http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp

Then get this E-mail message around to your contacts ASAP. PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!

You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD,' regardless of who sent it to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard Disc C of your computer. This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is the reason why you need to send this e-mail to all your contacts. It is better to receive This message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend or family member, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately.

This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus.
This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

Bad Virus Warning Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Bad Virus Warning Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 11:46 am

Yikes! Thank you for the warning, Carol!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 1:26 pm

As always, there are conflicting reports.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_postcard_virus.htm

I guess it's always best to just play it safe and verify with the person that they did indeed send you some type of ecard greeting.

Bad Virus Warning PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Bad Virus Warning Goodsi10

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 4:39 pm

Guess so. 'cuz I'm not going to open one until I verify, just to be on the safe side.

Bad Virus Warning FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Bad Virus Warning Little
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Bad Virus Warning Party010

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 4:51 pm

Farmer Girl wrote:
Guess so. 'cuz I'm not going to open one until I verify, just to be on the safe side.

Good rule of thumb; Only open mail from people you know. Just like your mailbox at home, most everything else is probably junk mail anyway.

And contrary to popular belief, with today's internet, it would be awfully hard to send an email message under someone else's ID if you're a virus spreader unless that hacker has something against you personally, which I doubt would be the case with a young lady like yourself.
Back to top Go down

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 5:14 pm

okies thanks for the warningl... if i get it i will deleted it right away!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Bad Virus Warning Happy011

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 9:05 pm

Thanks for the warning i won't open it if i get one

Bad Virus Warning Jacobk10Bad Virus Warning Jacob210
Back to top Go down

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 8:50 am

my friend said its a hoax!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:43 pm

I hadn't heard about this yet, but since I work with computers, the first think that comes to mind is someone getting the email at work...and me and the rest of the IT team having to spend 24/7 there trying to fix it No I hope they find a fix for it soon! I wonder if people are so intelligent to come up with complex computer viruses...why can't they use their smarts to create something good?

Bad Virus Warning ChristinaKeeper2 Bad Virus Warning 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Bad Virus Warning Bokmal10

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:49 pm

Maybe it is. In all cases, I do not open any mail with any souspicious title. MOst of these are in English, and sometimes I laugh a great deal when I receive one of these, since they send me a message with a friend adress...almost always in English! And they uses friend's adress who speaks only Spainsh or French. Quite funny!

Oh, Carol. I've a question for you: people always said that when you receives this kind of messages, you must "shut up your computer immediately"...Oh, well. And, what must I do, then? What must I do with this message? Save it forever without opening it? Discard it? MOst of times, I discard them and I have no trouble in my PC.

Vanesa. :think: :unsure:

Bad Virus Warning Vanesa10
Back to top Go down

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 5:20 pm

I don't open it up..I just deleted right away!.. well thats what am told to do is deleted right away!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Bad Virus Warning Purple2

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 4:38 pm

ADDED NOVEMBER 6, 2008-With the holidays upon us........

Yet another virus to worry about.....it has been confirmed by snopes.com. Please be aware of any emails that come to you pertaining to UPS being unable to deliver a package to you...... No

Virus Alert

Bad Virus Warning Rhonda10Bad Virus Warning Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by Rhonda on Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 7:05 pm

You know, what's really sad is that the people who create these viruses are actually highly intelligent people. Can you imagine the things that they could accomplish if they'd put that brain power to use for good instead of harm??
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 7:06 pm

Oh, I forgot to add - Thank you, Rhonda. I really, really appreciate you posting this. I don't want any computer trouble.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Bad Virus Warning Love-s10

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning EmptyFri Nov 07, 2008 11:40 am

Thanks for the heads-up, Rhonda. Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bad Virus Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Virus Warning   Bad Virus Warning Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad Virus Warning
Page 1 of 1