Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your favorite place in the world..

Go down 
+7
Carol
ChristinaAL
LIWnut
Farmer Girl
Savannah
flatbroke
poo_cat
11 posters
AuthorMessage
poo_cat
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 89
Mood : Your favorite place in the world.. Innoce10

Your favorite place in the world.. Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:07 am

This is my first thread here at Prairie! And I thought I'd make it something everyone could really share in.. Love

I'd like to see pictures of your favorite place in the world to be.. it could anywhere.. there's no rules here except that it's a place you love very much and is dear to your heart.. here's mine..

This is Belmont Lake State Park.. It's on Long Island where live, and it's so beautiful.. I grew up there as a child playing in the woods and fishing in the lake.. we rode our mopeds on the horse trails.. I still go there all the time and just walk and look at the beauty..

I took all these pictures myself.. I'm only an amateur, but they're still pretty good.. *smiles*

Your favorite place in the world.. Bp0110

Your favorite place in the world.. Bp0210

Your favorite place in the world.. Bp0310

Your favorite place in the world.. Bp0410

Your favorite place in the world.. Bp0511
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Your favorite place in the world.. Party010

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:11 am

Beautiful pics! Applause
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Your favorite place in the world.. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Your favorite place in the world.. Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Beautiful! Cool
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Your favorite place in the world.. Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:19 pm

Those are pretty pictures!
This is one of my places....anywhere with mountains, pretty much. I love mountains. Love

Your favorite place in the world.. 100_7961

Your favorite place in the world.. 100_7960

Your favorite place in the world.. 100_7963

Your favorite place in the world.. FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Your favorite place in the world.. Little
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:39 pm

Farmer Girl wrote:
anywhere with mountains, pretty much. I love mountains. Love

Me, too. Beautiful pictures, too! I love the stormy mountain pic. Did you take those?
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Your favorite place in the world.. Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 2:29 pm

My favourite place in the world might not be such a pretty place but it's my favourite because I have been to our church family camp every summer since I was 6. I haven't missed a summer in 36 years! It's like reuniting with family every year.

Your favorite place in the world.. MarilynKeeper Your favorite place in the world.. Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:29 pm

Beautiful pictures! I love the autumn scenery.

Your favorite place in the world.. ChristinaKeeper2 Your favorite place in the world.. 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:13 pm

Poo_cat that looks awesome! Great fall colors Thumbsup

Okay, one of my favorites places is Carmel, also known as Carmel by the Sea. It's about 2 1/2 hours from where I live but I like to go there in the summer to escape that really hot summer weather here in the central valley.

Your favorite place in the world.. 496728894_3d690f1028_m Your favorite place in the world.. 493097094_12bc26001b_m

The village itself is located on a gradual slope down to the beach, the trees in this area thick and hearty and adding just a little of that Hansel-and-Gretel forest feel to go with the storybook cottages.

I like Carmel because when you go there, it feels like if you have stepped into a Thomas Kinkaid storybook. No kidding! There are many beautiful cottages. When I go there, I always like to go for a walk to all the small shops and art galleries, buy an ice cream cone and sit in a table with a book while I see the ocean in front of me... it's really neat. They don't have franchises, chain stores (which means no McDonalds or Walmart lol), they don't have street signs or traffic lights.... instead the names of the streets are written on poles and everyone drives around careful at a careful speed. Carmel residents have to pick up their mail at the post office but they don't mind at all. It's kind of a town gathering spot, and they enjoy it. I'm telling you, it's like a Thomas Kinkaid story where everyone knows each other. I would love to live there...

Carmel is described as a quaint and picturesque one-square-mile village with a beautiful white sand beach and story book cottages. Cheryl, I believe you would like it here because it is a mecca for artists, writers, playwrights. Savannah, I think you would also love it. I have gone there for the past 2 summers and can't wait to go again... it's like a fairytale.

I didn't take these myself, but here are some pictures.

Your favorite place in the world.. Carmel9

Your favorite place in the world.. Carmel1

Your favorite place in the world.. Carmel2

Your favorite place in the world.. Carmel3

Your favorite place in the world.. Carmel4

Your favorite place in the world.. Carmel5

Your favorite place in the world.. Carmel6

Your favorite place in the world.. Carmel7

Your favorite place in the world.. Carmel8

Your favorite place in the world.. Carmel10

Your favorite place in the world.. Horses10
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Your favorite place in the world.. Party010

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 7:00 pm

My Fortress of Solitude...Clinch Mountain, TN, where my family is from.

I'll be back someday buddy...dead or alive.

Image hosted by servimg.com
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Your favorite place in the world.. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 11:36 pm

What great pictures everyone. We love the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Here are a few pictures:

Your favorite place in the world.. DSC_0051-1

The beach in Kill Devils Hills

Your favorite place in the world.. DSC_0019

Sand castle in the Dunes along Rte 158 or 168

Your favorite place in the world.. DSC_0155

Waterfront in Manteo

Your favorite place in the world.. DSC_0174-1

The Lost Colony Theatre

Your favorite place in the world.. DSC_0014

The Roanoke Water Festival Park

Your favorite place in the world.. DSC00041

The Cape Hatteras Light

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Your favorite place in the world.. Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 11:53 am

Those are nice pictures, everyone!!

Savannah, I think my dad may have taken those pictures. Or my mom, or me. I'm not sure. We all had the camera! lol

Your favorite place in the world.. FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Your favorite place in the world.. Little
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 6:20 pm

Carol! :faint2: I would love to visit Carmel! It looks utterly charming!

Farmer Girl, whoever took the pictures did a very nice job. :CoolSign:
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 7:00 pm

A few years ago, we took a trip to Boston, MA. It was just a little 3-day weekend trip to do something different and we haven't returned since, but I'd really like to someday! Boston just seemed like such a pretty town - so much history, so much to do and so much to see, yet it still had a small-town charm to it, IMO. Here are some pictures I found of places we saw:

Your favorite place in the world.. Charles_river

This is a view of the Charles River with the city behind it. Our hotel was near here, and we walked over the bridge the picture was taken from a few times.

Your favorite place in the world.. Cheers

The famous "Cheers Bar" from the TV show.

Your favorite place in the world.. Uss-constitution

The U.S.S. Constitution, "Old Ironsides". We got to go right onto the boat, very cool and probably my favorite part of the trip!

Your favorite place in the world.. MFA

The Museum of Fine Arts. There was so much to see, we didn't get to see everything. So maybe next time we get to Boston, we'll stop here again :)

Your favorite place in the world.. ChristinaKeeper2 Your favorite place in the world.. 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Your favorite place in the world.. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 10:11 pm

I've stayed at a hotel that looks out over the Charles River before. I don't even remember why we were there, but it was probably hockey related. I've seen Old Ironsides once or twice too. The Boston Museum of Science is really neat. I just wish Boston didn't have all those darn one way streets. If you get lost you can spend an hour going in circles.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 10:52 pm

mountain view from cabin

This is a view of the Smokey Mountains, from the deck of a cabin we rented. My favorite thing to do was to go out on the deck and sit on the swing in the morning, with my cup of coffee, looking out at the beautiful view. It was so peaceful.

Your favorite place in the world.. PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Your favorite place in the world.. LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Your favorite place in the world.. Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 11:27 pm

Poo_cat, Belmont Lake State park is one breathtaking place!! I've been there a few times and it's a beautiful park!!

Carol, Wow, Carmel is a wonderful place to be. Those houses look like the charming houses from the fairy tales. And they DO look like Thomas Kinkaid paintings...especially the 5th and the 9th ones.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
poo_cat
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 89
Mood : Your favorite place in the world.. Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 3:57 pm

Lily wrote:
Poo_cat, Belmont Lake State park is one breathtaking place!! I've been there a few times and it's a beautiful park!!
Hey! A fellow city girl! *waves hello!* Wave

And yeah Lily, it sure is beautiful! I know every single trail like the back of my hand.. I've spent many a wonderful time there.. those woods fill me with joy.. Love
Back to top Go down
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
EllieJane

Number of posts : 542
Mood : Your favorite place in the world.. Scared10

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 9:06 pm

Carol, I love those pictures, they are so beautiful!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite place in the world..   Your favorite place in the world.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Your favorite place in the world..
Page 1 of 1