Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

National Virginia Tech Hokie Day!

Go down 
+2
Carol
Savannah
6 posters
AuthorMessage

National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! Empty
PostSubject: National Virginia Tech Hokie Day!   National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 11:21 am

This makes the one year anniversary of the Virginia Tech Massacre!!! It took so many peoples lives!

can't belives it's been 1 year all ready
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: National Virginia Tech Hokie Day!   National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 11:42 am

Why is it called Hokie day? Huh?

I can't believe it's been a year already, either. Time goes by so quickly. Especially when we don't want it to.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: National Virginia Tech Hokie Day!   National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 1:20 pm

Savannah wrote:

Wondering that too... :think:

National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: National Virginia Tech Hokie Day!   National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 1:32 pm

National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! HummerNational Virginia Tech Hokie Day! MistiKeeperNational Virginia Tech Hokie Day! Bookclub5National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: National Virginia Tech Hokie Day!   National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 3:42 pm

I'm still confused...does that mean the shootings actually took place on National Virginia Tech Hokie Day? I can't imagine they'd actually name the day that, due to the shootings. No

I can't even believe it's been one year. It's insane that we have to deal with these senseless tragedies at all. It certainly is scary as a mom of a son going off to college in the fall. There was a shooting at the 'sister' university to the one he's going to, just a couple months ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Illinois_University_shooting

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Virginia Tech Hokie Day!   National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 4:54 pm

Carol wrote:
Savannah wrote:

Wondering that too... :think:

so was i
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: National Virginia Tech Hokie Day!   National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 7:31 pm

wow, that's been a year already??

National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! Little
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Virginia Tech Hokie Day!   National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 5:33 am

The word Hokie has been a part of Virginia Tech tradition ever since 1896. From what I understand, it's like school spirit and if you go to VT you're proud to be a Hokie.

April 16 is now "National Virginia Tech Hokie Day" to honor the 32 people killed on that day in 2007, and to show that the school and it's Hokie spirit remains strong. (I believe this to be correct.)

Burnt orange and Chicago maroon are the school colors, changed from black and gray in 1896.

This link is excellent in explaining it:

http://www.vt.edu/about/hokie.html
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: National Virginia Tech Hokie Day!   National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 8:16 am

Wild Flower wrote:
April 16 is now "National Virginia Tech Hokie Day" to honor the 32 people killed on that day in 2007, and to show that the school and it's Hokie spirit remains strong. (I believe this to be correct.)

I guess when I read it this way, it makes sense. I was thinking that it almost sounded 'fun' and for some reason sounded a bit disrespectful to me, even though I knew what a 'Hokie' was. I get it now though---thanks. Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Virginia Tech Hokie Day!   National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 6:19 pm

Amy wrote:

I guess when I read it this way, it makes sense. I was thinking that it almost sounded 'fun' and for some reason sounded a bit disrespectful to me, even though I knew what a 'Hokie' was. I get it now though---thanks. Wink

Your welcome Amy
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: National Virginia Tech Hokie Day!   National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 1:57 pm

I still shiver thinking about it, I can't believe it's been a year! It's so scary to think about something like that happening.

National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! ChristinaKeeper2 National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: National Virginia Tech Hokie Day!   National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 6:42 pm

hope this don't happned again!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: National Virginia Tech Hokie Day!   National Virginia Tech Hokie Day! Empty

Back to top Go down

National Virginia Tech Hokie Day!
Page 1 of 1