Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Curious?

Go down 
+5
Amy
Coach Jon
Farmer Girl
carolineingalls
bethandmanly
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Curious? Empty
PostSubject: Curious?   Curious? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 6:11 pm

Just curious to know, what is everyone's favorite epies and why? Sorry if this topic has been posted before, just thought it would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Curious? Bokmal10

Curious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious?   Curious? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 7:26 pm

My favorite will always be "Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow". I love Dean Butler and I also love Laura and Almanzo as a couple, so I get to see a lot of that in this episode. In addition, the writers really threw everything at Laura and Almanzo in this one, and they both came out all right...maybe even stronger than before it all happened.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Curious? Pbucket

Curious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious?   Curious? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 7:21 am

One of my favourite episodes is Whatever Happened to the Class of '56. It gives a beautiful insight into the relationship of Caroline and Charles and shows that money alone doesn't bring happiness.

Curious? MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006

Last edited by carolineingalls on Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Curious? Goodsi10

Curious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious?   Curious? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 12:03 pm

Well, I've only seen to the end of season 3, but I think my fav would have to be 'The Richest Man in Walnut Grove.' I love that one. The whole family pulled together, even Carrie! lol "And I can milk the cow!"
It's hard to say, because I like most all of them!! grinsmiley

Curious? FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Curious? Little
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

Curious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious?   Curious? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 12:40 pm

Don't know if I could choose my favorites, but the one I've probably seen the most times would be "I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away" because I love how how Charles has his faith tested. Michael Landon had some great scenes with Reverend Alden and Melissa Sue and it also serves as a huge pivotal point in the series. It's also the episode I began to like the character of Mary a lot more... and the fact Adam makes his appearance certainly helps it gain my vote.

Curious? NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Curious? Love-s10

Curious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious?   Curious? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 7:33 am

You guys have all mentioned some great ones! Thumbsup Oh, to pick a favorite though?! That's really tough. I think my absolute favorite ever is Christmas at Plum Creek. I really adore Country Girls though, and "The Award" ranks way up there for me as well. Thumbsup We've picked favorites lots of times though, and I'm sure my answer has changed every time! :haha:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Curious? Bokmal10

Curious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious?   Curious? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 4:17 pm

Ah...Picking just one....I don't know. Well. I have a lot of favs. "As Long as we are Together" maybe one...but "There's no PLace like home" too, and "He Loves me, He Loves me not" too.

I love them for the same reasons that I love the show: in these epies you have a great family love, a great faith in God and great love of a couple (Charles and Caroline in the first two ones. Laura and Amanzo, but also Percival and Nellie in the last one).

LHOTP has some kind of magic in it. That's the reason I love it to die! Love

Vanesa.

Curious? Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

Curious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious?   Curious? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 1:52 pm

It's hard for me to narrow down my list of favorites to three or even ten episodes. Among my favorites are the pilot movie, A Harvest of Friends, Country Girls, The Love of Johnny Johnson, Ma's Holiday, School Mom, The Raccoon, The Voice of Tinker Jones, The Award, The Lord Is My Shepherd, Christmas at Plum Creek, Money Crop, The Richest Man in Walnut Grove, Four Eyes, Haunted House, The Campout, Remember Me, The Talking Machine, The Pride of Walnut Grove, Troublemaker, Going Home, I'll Ride the Wind, Bunny, The Race, Journey in the Spring, Fred, The Bully Boys, Blizzard, Little Girl Lost, Little Women, To Live With Fear, The Music Box, Castoffs, Here Come the Brides, The Rivals, I Remember I Remember, Be My Friend, I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away, As Long As We're Together, There's No Place Like Home, Fagin, The Wedding, The Cheaters, Back to School, The Return of Mr. Edwards, Author Author, Silent Promises, May We Make Them Proud, Sweet Sixteen, He Loves Me He Loves Me Not, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Goodbye Mrs. Wilder, The Lost Ones, The Reincarnation of Nellie, A Christmas They Never Forgot, Stone Soup, Days of Sunshine Days of Shadow, The Empire Builders, Home Again, A Child With No Name, May I Have This Dance, and the Last Farewell. Whew, that's a lot of favorites! I don't know if I can pinpoint exactly what it is that makes these my favorites. I guess it's mostly the spirit of family and community and realizing what is truly important in life.

Curious? JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down

Curious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious?   Curious? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 3:27 pm

It's just so hard to only pick one! My top five fav. epies are Journey In The Spring, I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away, As Long As We're Together, May We Make Them Proud, and Home Again. I can never pick just one! I just love how the family pulls together in hard times and how their love always brings them through.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Curious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious?   Curious? EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 4:28 pm

I don't think I could ever pick just one favorite! Some of them off the top of my head, are: A Harvest of Friends, Country Girls, Christmas at Plum Creek, The Richest Man in Walnut Grove, Fagin, A Christmas They Never Forgot and Home Again. You know a TV show is great when so many fans can't narrow down the episodes to pick one favorite Thumbsup

Curious? ChristinaKeeper2 Curious? 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Curious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious?   Curious? EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:09 am

The episodes that I absolutely have to watch every time they are on are Christmas at Plum Creek, almost anything from the first season, I'll be Waving as You Drive Away, Sweet Sixteen, He Loves Me He Loves Me Not, Laura Ingalls Wilder....and I'm sure many more that I just can't think of at the moment.

Curious? PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Curious? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curious?   Curious? Empty

Back to top Go down

Curious?
Page 1 of 1