Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favorite Scene

Go down 
+4
Vanesa
ChristinaAL
LIWnut
jes9
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

Favorite Scene Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Scene   Favorite Scene EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 2:21 pm

This may have been covered before, but the "favorite episodes" thread made me wonder about favorite scenes. There are a lot of great scenes, but one that really stands out for me is the barn loft scene in The Richest Man in Walnut Grove. This is the scene in which Charles finds Laura crying in the barn loft after Miss Beadle had told Charles that Laura had run off while Miss Beadle was buying tablets for Laura. Charles quickly cheers Laura up by explaining the value of hard work and pointing out that it's Nellie and Willie who have the problem. Laura starts to climb down the ladder and just when you think the scene is over, she climbs back to the top and says, "Pa? I just love you so much!" Wow, it's hard to top that!

Favorite Scene JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down

Favorite Scene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene   Favorite Scene EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 2:45 pm

My favorite scene? That's a tough one. I would have to say that the end of Journey In The Spring when Laura says goodbuy to her grandpa. I always catch myself tearing up at the end. :crySC:
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Favorite Scene Cloud910

Favorite Scene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene   Favorite Scene EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 3:27 pm

My favourite scene is when Charles and Mr Edwards find Laura on Jonathan's mountain in The Lord is My Shepherd. Laura and her pa see each other for the first time in days and they run to each other and cry. I don't have to see ony other part of the show to cry when that scene comes along. I love it!

Favorite Scene MarilynKeeper Favorite Scene Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Favorite Scene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene   Favorite Scene EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 4:34 pm

You guys have already mentioned some great scenes! Some of my other favorites are at the end of "Fagin", Laura calls Albert her brother for the first time, then sees him and they hug each other while Charles looks on saying, "Those are my kids!"

Another is from "The Raccoon", when they find out Jasper wasn't rabbid, Charles is hugging Laura saying, "My baby's all right". I get choked up just thinking about it!

In "Home Again", when Albert and Charles are talking over breakfast in Mr. Edwards' cabin and Charles tells him how proud he is of him.

Even though I hardly watch "Look Back to Yesterday" or "The Last Farewell" b/c how emotional they both make me, both of those are loaded with great scenes as well.

How about good humorous scenes? One that comes to mind is when Willie is building a cannon in the storeroom and the rest of the family hears the explosion and comes running outside, all nearly hysterical, only yo discover that Willie tried to "launch" Harriet's muff.

Favorite Scene ChristinaKeeper2 Favorite Scene 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

Favorite Scene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene   Favorite Scene EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 6:22 pm

Let's see... good humor scenes? My favorite would have to be in Harriet's Happenings. "You're suppose to print the facts Harriet, not rummors"! "Well it was a fact that there are rummors"! Funny how all of the funny scenes have something to do with Harriet!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Favorite Scene Bokmal10

Favorite Scene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene   Favorite Scene EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 8:09 pm

Favorite scenes? Hum...Too much to mention them! grinsmiley

But some of my favorite ones are:

-When Laura reads her essai in "Country Girls" depicting how wonderful Ma was.

-When Mary and Laura helps their Pa in his work in the last scene of "A Harvest of Friends" and all the Walnut Grove's Neighbors hurries to help them too.

-When Mary reads her beatiful Psalm at church after being back to Walnut Grove some days after she graduates for Vinton's College for the Blind.

When Mr. Hanson does his last walk to the Church after being so ill in "There's no Place like Home".

-When Laura and Almanzo have their little dance , when Laura made her "Sweets Sixteen"

-Laura's Marriage's scene.

-When Walnut Grove neighbors goes away singing "Onward Christian Soldiers" in "The Last Farewell". This scene always gives me chills!

Of course, there is more than these...But let me think a little about other favorite ones! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Favorite Scene Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

Favorite Scene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene   Favorite Scene EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:40 am

Fantastic scenes, all! John, I think I caught myself almost quoting Charles from that scene you mentioned the other day. That is the one where he says something to the affect of "Any honest work a man can get to make his way in this world is a good job," right? Love that scene to death.

For some reason I'm drawing a blank when it comes to a favorite scene. I do, however, LOVE the scene in Love (no pun intended) where Mr. Edwards yells at Laura in his cabin and really expresses a side to his character we don't always get to see through that frustration. And then, of course, the follow-up to that being the last scene of that episode, with Mr. Edwards turning away and walking off into the woods while he sings "Old Dan Tucker" ... just something about the way they showed that really makes it great.

But, of course, who doesn't love the scene where Charles starts laughing over Mr. and Mrs. Garvey's divorce? Did anybody not find themselves laughing along with the characters? It really WAS contagious!

Favorite Scene NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Favorite Scene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene   Favorite Scene EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:11 pm

Coach Jon, yes, that was the scene I was referring to. Charles adds, "Hard-working folks only smell bad to people who having nothing better to do than stick their noses in the air." Later on, Laura repeats this to Nellie and adds, "Well, whenever you stick your nose in the air with me, Nellie, it's gonna get punched!" Yeah, the laughing scene at the end of the episode where the Garveys are going to get divorced (I think it's "The High Cost of Being Right") makes me laugh, as does the scene at the end of "To Live With Fear", when Mr. Edwards breaks through the tunnel cave-in to rescue Charles.

As for other funny scenes, there are lots involving the Olesons. The one that stands out is the one where Nellie is trying to help Mrs. Oleson fit into a corset. Nellie tries to pull it tight, but the strings break, and Mrs. Oleson goes flying out into the dining room and falls face first into some poor customer's plate. She then grabs the tablecloth to cover up and goes running out of the restaurant to the mercantile. And of course, there's the great, "Nels, make her a widow!", line.

Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Favorite Scene Pbucket

Favorite Scene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene   Favorite Scene EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:59 am

What about in Family Quarrel where Harriet smashes the eggs over poor Nels! And the infectious laugh of Charles afterward when Caroline is telling him about it makes me laugh even more! ROTFL

Favorite Scene MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

Favorite Scene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene   Favorite Scene EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 9:36 am

I do love the extremely long laugh sequences that occasionally appear on the show. The only other one I can think of from off the top of my head is at the end of "The Long Road Home" in Season Two... right after the man joins them on the outside of the train with a line that goes something like "He found out I was Irish" or something to that affect. Good stuff.

Favorite Scene NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Favorite Scene Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Favorite Scene Happy010

Favorite Scene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene   Favorite Scene EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:46 am

jes9 wrote:
And of course, there's the great, "Nels, make her a widow!", line.

One of the all-time funniest quotes of the entire series! ROTFL
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Favorite Scene Goodsi10

Favorite Scene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene   Favorite Scene EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:35 pm

carolineingalls wrote:
What about in Family Quarrel where Harriet smashes the eggs over poor Nels! And the infectious laugh of Charles afterward when Caroline is telling him about it makes me laugh even more! ROTFL

I think that is my favorite one!! I crack up just thinking about the way Nels looks at Caroline when Harriet leaves the room, and then the way Charles laughs when she tells him about it! ROTFL

Favorite Scene FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Favorite Scene Little
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Favorite Scene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene   Favorite Scene EmptyWed May 07, 2008 6:45 pm

A couple more funny scenes:

• Bunny -- Laura pushes Nellie down the hill in her wheelchair and into the pond. Nellie gets up and walks out of the pond, causing Mrs. Oleson to faint.
  • The Rivals -- Laura puts apples down her dress to make it look like she has "bumps". Laura is called to the blackboard to work a math problem. One of her "bumps" falls out and rolls on the floor. Miss Beadle asks, "Laura, do you have to go to the outhouse?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Scene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Scene   Favorite Scene Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Scene
Page 1 of 1