Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fictional (or FAKE) Bands

Go down 
+2
HarrisonCrosby4387
Coach Jon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

Fictional (or FAKE) Bands Empty
PostSubject: Fictional (or FAKE) Bands   Fictional (or FAKE) Bands EmptySun May 04, 2008 7:28 pm

From the Partridge Family to DuJour, there are plenty of fictional bands to go around. Some were clearly tributes to real bands while others were full-out parodies. Mention some of the ones you love, hate, love to hate, or hate to love. I couldn't find any topic about this subject at the board, so my apologies if there already is one and my search simply failed to bring it up. But here are a few classic selections from the Fictional Rock & Roll Hall of Fame...

1) Eddie and the Cruisers...

^ I don't know what it's like where you live, but I can’t seem to go a month without someone playing this song on the radio for some reason. Once, the DJ even went so far as to call the group "Eddie and the Cruisers." Huh?

2) The O'Neders... Oops, I mean The Wonders! (from “That Thing You Do”)...

^ I really do love this movie. The personalities of the group members strangely reminds me of a band I played in during high school.

3) The Five Heartbeats (Fictional R&B group in the vein of The Dells)...

^ I enjoyed this movie a lot, too.

But, of course, all of these pale in comparison to the greatest fictional band of all time...

^ ROTFL

Fictional (or FAKE) Bands NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Fictional (or FAKE) Bands Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Fictional (or FAKE) Bands   Fictional (or FAKE) Bands EmptySun May 04, 2008 7:29 pm

The Rutles (Beatles Parody), and the Half Pints.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Fictional (or FAKE) Bands Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Fictional (or FAKE) Bands   Fictional (or FAKE) Bands EmptySun May 04, 2008 7:59 pm

Oh, man, the stink that came out when the truth was discovered about Milli Vanilli! I know I was totally fooled and I liked that song.

I don't know if they count; but the Patridge Family (except for David Cassidy & Shirley Jones) comes to mind.

I hope Larry chimes in on this one. He used to be a DJ and should have a lot to add to this topic! Great topic, BTW, Jon! ☮

Oh, I thought Michael Pare really sang that song, until Larry sat me straight. And, George Clooney had to come out and explain that he didn't sing, "Man of Constant Sorrow" because everyone really thought that was him.

Now, on the flipside, Patrick Swayze really did sing, "She's Like the Wind" from Dirty Dancing.

Fictional (or FAKE) Bands HummerFictional (or FAKE) Bands MistiKeeperFictional (or FAKE) Bands Bookclub5Fictional (or FAKE) Bands Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
poo_cat
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 89
Mood : Fictional (or FAKE) Bands Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: Fictional (or FAKE) Bands   Fictional (or FAKE) Bands EmptyFri May 09, 2008 1:31 pm

Oh without a doubt - The Monkees! That show was comedy gold! Laughing

Fictional (or FAKE) Bands Monkee10
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: Fictional (or FAKE) Bands   Fictional (or FAKE) Bands EmptyFri May 09, 2008 1:55 pm

Me and my brother used to watch the Monkees TV show on re-runs all the time! And I will never forget that theme song as long as I shall live.

Misti, I loved the Milli Vanilli songs too! In fact, I used to lip sing to them... though at the time I had no idea they were doing the same thing as me! :haha:

Fictional (or FAKE) Bands NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Fictional (or FAKE) Bands Party010

PostSubject: Re: Fictional (or FAKE) Bands   Fictional (or FAKE) Bands EmptyFri May 09, 2008 7:38 pm

Misti wrote:
Oh, man, the stink that came out when the truth was discovered about Milli Vanilli! I know I was totally fooled and I liked that song.

I don't know if they count; but the Patridge Family (except for David Cassidy & Shirley Jones) comes to mind.

I hope Larry chimes in on this one. He used to be a DJ and should have a lot to add to this topic! Great topic, BTW, Jon! ☮

Oh, I thought Michael Pare really sang that song, until Larry sat me straight. And, George Clooney had to come out and explain that he didn't sing, "Man of Constant Sorrow" because everyone really thought that was him.

Now, on the flipside, Patrick Swayze really did sing, "She's Like the Wind" from Dirty Dancing.

Yeah, it was John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band that really sang all the Eddie and the Cruisers songs.

What killed me about Milli Vanilli was, they could barely speak English, yet people though they sang all those songs. Even when they accepted their Grammy, you couldn't understand a word they said hardly. lol

I think one of my favorites was Trick or Treat, really sung by Fastway, but credited to this guy...Sammy Kurr from the movie of the same name...

Yeah, I'm an old school headbanger.. Cool

Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Fictional (or FAKE) Bands Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Fictional (or FAKE) Bands   Fictional (or FAKE) Bands EmptyMon May 19, 2008 7:12 am

The Brady Bunch comes to mind, though we didn't get the show here in Britain for a few years after it first started broadcasting in US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW_7Rh3sTO0&feature=related

Fictional (or FAKE) Bands MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fictional (or FAKE) Bands   Fictional (or FAKE) Bands Empty

Back to top Go down

Fictional (or FAKE) Bands
Page 1 of 1