Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayer Request for Employment

Go down 
+13
Lori
bethandmanly
Lily
HarrisonCrosby4387
Gin
Amy
Savannah
carolineingalls
Teresa
ChristinaAL
pamh36
Rhonda
Coach Jon
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

Prayer Request for Employment Empty
PostSubject: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:40 am

Wanted to throw a personal prayer request out there since I could use the help big-time. I've been searching for employment for over a month now (got laid off earlier this year), and this week things have finally started to turn some good news my way. I took a test for a state position yesterday which would be housed and located near to where I live now, has a good starting salary, and looks like something I could handle. There weren't a lot of people there to test for it and it was the only test offered for that position, so I'm hopeful to get a one-on-one interview for the job maybe in the next week or two. This morning I got an email from a man who liked my resume for another position I applied for and wants to do a phone interview (likely sometime tomorrow). The latter one is a bit less traditional work, something that I don't even think I'm fully qualified for, but it looks like very fulfilling work and I'd get to work with youth in the outdoors which is a big plus. I'd be happy to get either one of these, to be honest, as they were the two positions I was most interested in while applying (and am very pleased that I am hearing from them first).

Anyway, please don't pray that I get either one of these jobs, though. Just please pray that I find the right job for me and that God helps me find where he wants me to go. Because I believe he was the reason I was laid off in the first place. I had a very dead-end job that made me miserable and I was praying for change just before I was told I was going to be fired due to lay-offs. I believe he wants me to be somewhere else and I can't wait to find out where that is!

Thanks!

P.S. --- And if you could pray that I don't choke during the interviews that are coming up, that'd be swell too! grinsmiley

Prayer Request for Employment NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Prayer Request for Employment Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:43 am

Praying you do well Jon......the work world can be vicious out there........I know you will do well.......and yes, God does have plans......"When one door is closed, another one opens" I hope you walk through this door........ Thumbsup

Prayer Request for Employment Rhonda10Prayer Request for Employment Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyTue May 06, 2008 8:33 am

I'll keep you in my prayers, Jon. I really agree with what you said. I too was in a dead-end job when I got laid off, and that actually opened the door for me to go back to school, something I have always wanted to do. Let us know how everything goes. grinsmiley

Prayer Request for Employment PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2757

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyTue May 06, 2008 1:59 pm

Prayers for you, Jon, that you get the job you're meant to have and one that is fulfilling. I know God will bring you to it when the time is right. Good luck with your interviews as well.

Prayer Request for Employment ChristinaKeeper2 Prayer Request for Employment 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Prayer Request for Employment Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyTue May 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Jon, you will be in my prayers. Let us know how your phone interview goes tomorrow.

Prayer Request for Employment TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyTue May 06, 2008 2:55 pm

Thank you all for praying! I will certainly let you know how things go tomorrow.

"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Prayer Request for Employment Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyTue May 06, 2008 3:35 pm

Praying for you from across the Atlantic, Jon! My mom always says "What's for you won't pass you by". Hope you're successful and get what's right for you. And I'm sure you'll do well in the interviews.

Prayer Request for Employment MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Prayer Request for Employment Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:55 pm

I'll be praying that God guides you to exactly the job that He has for you, Jon. And......that you don't choke during your interview. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:26 am

Thank you to everybody for those fine prayers! They certainly came in handy for this morning as I felt very confident during the initial interview and feel like I at least made a good first impression. The lady I spoke to was very nice and we had a ten minute chat about some of the job information and duties required, then she emailed me some things to fill out before my second interview, which she scheduled for this Friday. The one I had this morning was a bit less formal, so the next one is supposed to be the more professional one. And if that one goes well, I might be able to fly out and visit some of the locations in North Carolina (the most likely place I'd be going if I got employed there).

And if the interview doesn't go well, I'll at least know that God has something else in store for me and I can't wait to find out what it is because I'm sure it'll be great! So thanks to everybody for keeping your thoughts and prayers on my job search!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Prayer Request for Employment Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:35 am

Coach Jon wrote:
Anyway, please don't pray that I get either one of these jobs, though. Just please pray that I find the right job for me and that God helps me find where he wants me to go. Because I believe he was the reason I was laid off in the first place. I had a very dead-end job that made me miserable and I was praying for change just before I was told I was going to be fired due to lay-offs. I believe he wants me to be somewhere else and I can't wait to find out where that is!

Jon, it sounds like you certainly have your head screwed on straight....you are a very wise man. God knows what's best for us.

I'm so happy to hear that everything went well this morning! I will be praying that God will guide you to where you need to be. Good luck with Friday's interview! Keep us posted! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Prayer Request for Employment Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyWed May 07, 2008 12:54 pm

Jon, I'm really glad you came to all of us Prairie Friends for prayers. Just the thought of knowing people are taking your concerns to God in prayer helps so much. SO glad to hear things went well. I will continue to remember coming interviews. I'm sure you will do fine. God does have a place for you and HIS plan is the one to follow.
Smiles...Gin

Prayer Request for Employment Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Prayer Request for Employment Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyWed May 07, 2008 5:02 pm

I will definately be saying prayers for you. It's hard to get a job these days. Especially one you like. Luckily the job I have right now I really like. I have had soem rough times at jobs in the past. But this one seems to be doing very well. I am terrible at interviews and I think that is a big factor in why I had a hard time getting hired. I have good work skills, I just have bad interview skills, lol. I look at it the same way about God and what he wanted for me in my jobs. So good luck to you. I am sure you will do well. Thumbsup

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Prayer Request for Employment LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Prayer Request for Employment Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyWed May 07, 2008 9:57 pm

Oh I'm sorry I missed your thread Jon. :shy: I will remember you in my prayer for a job that is more suitable for you. Thumbsup

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Prayer Request for Employment Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyWed May 07, 2008 11:17 pm

I'll definitely be praying for this situation too.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyThu May 08, 2008 9:24 am

I wish you the best of luck Jon. Wave
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyThu May 08, 2008 1:36 pm

I will pray for you, Jon. My husband needs a job too.

Prayer Request for Employment Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyThu May 08, 2008 2:57 pm

Jon, prayers are being said for you! Good luck! Thumbsup Lori, prayers are also being said for you, that you hubby finds a good job, too! Wave

Prayer Request for Employment HummerPrayer Request for Employment MistiKeeperPrayer Request for Employment Bookclub5Prayer Request for Employment Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyThu May 08, 2008 6:34 pm

Glad the first interview went well, Jon! That's great news. Still praying for you, that you're led to the job you're meant to have.

Lori, prayers for your husband too. {{hugs}}

Prayer Request for Employment ChristinaKeeper2 Prayer Request for Employment 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyFri May 09, 2008 9:24 am

Lori, I'll be praying for your husband and his job search!

To everybody who posted, thank you very much for all the support and prayers! They came in handy today, I'll tell you. I admit I felt a little more nervous about this one than the last one and there were a few times in the interview where I had moments of "blankness" but over all I think it went pretty well. I managed to get the interviewer to laugh once or twice. For instance, she asked me a question about when the last time I felt I was out of my comfort zone was. I told her, "Pretty much right now."

Anyway, she said I did a good job on a lot of the questions and she's sending me over some paper work. We're going into the next phase of the process... which is basically me filling some more forms out and waiting for my background check to pass (which might be the week after next). After that, she said they would send me to visit some of the camps that are looking to hire (I believe there are about seven in total in North Carolina). So if I get the job and anybody here lives in NC, we'll have to do lunch some time. Laughing

Thanks again, everybody! I would say I appreciate these prayers more than you know... but I have a good feeling you all know how much they mean to me, so I won't insult you with a clever play on words. ☮

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyFri May 09, 2008 10:46 am

I am glad to hear that things are going so well, Jon. That's wonderful. Interviews can be the worst. I know I'm out of my "comfort zone" during interviews too!

I'll continue to pray and hope that everything works out the way it should.

Lori, your husband is in my prayers too. I hope he finds something soon.

Prayer Request for Employment PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Prayer Request for Employment LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Prayer Request for Employment Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyFri May 09, 2008 1:10 pm

Glad to hear your second interview went well. We'll still praying for you until you hear the result. Thumbsup

Lori, I'll pray for your husband too. Please keep us posted.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyFri May 09, 2008 1:35 pm

You're in my Prayers Jon same with Your Husband Lori

Prayer Request for Employment Jacobk10Prayer Request for Employment Jacob210
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptySun May 11, 2008 11:48 am

Great news, Jon! I'm glad things are going well grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyMon May 19, 2008 7:12 pm

Thanks for the prayers, everyone. We still need them.

Jon, it sounds like things are going well for you.

Prayer Request for Employment Lorike10
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment EmptyMon May 19, 2008 8:35 pm

I'll Keep Praying

Prayer Request for Employment Jacobk10Prayer Request for Employment Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer Request for Employment   Prayer Request for Employment Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayer Request for Employment
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next