Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Caeser is sick

Go down 
+12
bethandmanly
Lily
LIWnut
ChristinaAL
Teresa
Carol
Rhonda
Amy
Savannah
Gin
Coach Jon
pamh36
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 7:41 am

Caeser's our kitten, who we just got recently, for anyone who doesn't already know. I don't know if it has to do with his shots or not (he just had some last night), but he's very sleepy, has no appetite, and he threw up a little this morning. I called the vet, and they said that generally they don't have any side effects from the vaccinations, so just keep an eye on him for a bit, and if there are no changes, then bring him in. I am especially worried because I remember when Tim's parents had a puppy, the puppy got very sick from a distemper vaccine, and eventually died from it. So, I am just hoping this is just something that will quickly pass through his system and he'll be okay. The poor guy just got over an eye infection. Blue

Caeser is sick PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 7:53 am

I will pray for your kitten's health!

My dog had a weird reaction to getting a shot a few years back. I don't think she threw up, but she wouldn't eat, was very slow in moving, and didn't seem to do anything other than lie around. She did get better, but they did take her back to see the vet. I wasn't there for the visit, so I don't know what they did there but I do know that within two days she was her old self again.

Caeser is sick NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Caeser is sick Love-s10

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 8:02 am

Poor guy....Sometimes those shots are just too much for them that little. Although I know its just to protect them. Animals are just like some kids, they have reactions. My youngest son broke out with a light case of the measels after getting the MMR!!
Our dog Heidi was a little slow to gain weight, and the vet decided to wait til she did before spaying her. Find that vet that will look at the pets individual needs and not just procedure. Good luck....hope he feels better soon. Baby him for a while...he'll love you for it.

Caeser is sick Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Caeser is sick Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Caeser is sick Happy010

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 8:03 am

Oh, poor little fella! I'll sure be praying for him, Pam. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 9:22 am

I hope Ceaser is doing well.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 11:57 am

Thanks, everyone. Jon, your dog's symptoms sound a lot like what Caser is going through. That's good to hear that he was back to himself after a couple of days.

The poor little guy is still laying around. Usually he's so full of energy, so it's strange to see him like this. I told Kelsey I'd give anything for him to nip at my toes right now (he loves toes!). And she said, "Yeah, I'd give anything for him to climb up my leg right now!" He'll go running across the room and run up Kelsey's pant leg, digging in claws in all the way, lol. So, I'm just still keeping an eye on him.

It's been quite a day. I came home from dropping Kelsey back off at school, after lunch, only discover that our dog had hopped the fence. And it's garbage day. I had visions of torn garbage bags all over the neighborhood. Luckily, I found her pretty quickly, after she gave the garbagemen a big scare. Ugh! And there is still a lot of the day left.

Caeser is sick PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Caeser is sick Love-s10

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 12:58 pm

Oh Pam, what rough day you've had! I'm so sorry Caesar is sick! I'll be praying for the little guy!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Caeser is sick Purple2

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Awww Pam, I am so sorry about Caeser.........I'm not sure why animals react the way they do, but hopefully Caeser is just having a bad day from the shots.....Have you tried giving him some water through a dropper? Poor little thing might need a drink.........I pray he perks up soon.........We had a puppy that had been given his last set of shots and ended up with Parvo and died, same as Tim's folks' dog...... No

Caeser is sick Rhonda10Caeser is sick Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 3:40 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Have you tried giving him some water through a dropper?

Yes, I did give him some water through a dropper. He didn't take a lot, but he at least took some. He was happy to see Devin, when he came home from school. Caeser was purring up a storm when Devin was petting him, the first I heard out of him all day. He is moving a little around now, at least. He did take a couple of licks at his food, but that's it.

I'm so sorry that you lost a dog the same way Tim's parents did. It's terrible when you try to do the right thing, and then it turns out that way. Blue

Caeser is sick PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 3:52 pm

Awww.... poor Ceaser. Blue
It sounds like he's doing a little better.... I hope he gets back to his old self real soon.

Caeser is sick Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 3:56 pm

Pam, I hope that Caesar feels better soon. Our dog, Libby, will be 11 soon, and a few years ago, after she got her yearly shots, she started getting hives all over her body. It was within an hour after we got home from the vet. I quickly took her back in, fearing that her throat was going to swell shut. Luckily, it didn't come to that. She had an allergic reaction to the shots. She had gotten them every year, and was just fine up until then. Well, the vet said that we could stop giving her the shots, which consisted of the distemper, parvo, and something else. It's a shot that you get if you intend to ever board your pet. Anyway, we were going to only give her the rabies shot, which you get every 3 years, and forget about the rest for 3 years. Well, I said that if she can go 3 years without getting those shots, she doesn't need them in the first place. Just the rabies vaccination. We never would board her, and she's not going to get Parvo by snuggling in her blanket all day. Libby is an Italian Greyhound, and she's basically an indoor dog. She loves to go on walks, but is rarely around other dogs. They say that the distemper part of the shots is the one that causes the most adverse reactions. So..........I don't really believe in getting all of those shots. She has been fine ever since.

Caeser is sick TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 6:39 pm

That must be so difficult to see little Caesar not feeling well :( I pray that he perks up soon. Let us know how he's doing!

Caeser is sick ChristinaKeeper2 Caeser is sick 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 6:58 pm

Teresa wrote:
Pam, I hope that Caesar feels better soon. Our dog, Libby, will be 11 soon, and a few years ago, after she got her yearly shots, she started getting hives all over her body. It was within an hour after we got home from the vet. I quickly took her back in, fearing that her throat was going to swell shut. Luckily, it didn't come to that. She had an allergic reaction to the shots. She had gotten them every year, and was just fine up until then. Well, the vet said that we could stop giving her the shots, which consisted of the distemper, parvo, and something else. It's a shot that you get if you intend to ever board your pet. Anyway, we were going to only give her the rabies shot, which you get every 3 years, and forget about the rest for 3 years. Well, I said that if she can go 3 years without getting those shots, she doesn't need them in the first place. Just the rabies vaccination. We never would board her, and she's not going to get Parvo by snuggling in her blanket all day. Libby is an Italian Greyhound, and she's basically an indoor dog. She loves to go on walks, but is rarely around other dogs. They say that the distemper part of the shots is the one that causes the most adverse reactions. So..........I don't really believe in getting all of those shots. She has been fine ever since.

Yes, the distemper is the one that Tim's parents dog died from. Blue Caeser is going to be a strictly indoor cat too. I've heard that indoor only cats don't really need the Feline Leukemia vaccination. I did tell Tim to let the vet know of the reaction before he gets any more shots. I would hate for a worse reaction the next time.

Caeser is sick PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 8:22 pm

How's Caesar doing tonight, Pam?
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Caeser is sick Cloud910

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 8:26 pm

Hope that poor kitty has a better day tomorrow. It is so hard to see little innocent creatures suffer, so not fair. Prayers for kitty, no problem.

Caeser is sick MarilynKeeper Caeser is sick Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Caeser is sick LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Caeser is sick Vianne10

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyThu May 08, 2008 10:14 pm

Poor little Caeser!! I will pray for the little fella. I hope he will start to feel better soon. I hate to see animals suffer. No

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyFri May 09, 2008 7:50 am

Caeser is better!! He started feeling himself right around the time we all were going to bed, lol. He ate, and then came to bed to attack my toes. I was so relieved that he was okay, I let him attack them as long as we wanted. This morning, he is definitely back to himself. That little guy scared me like crazy yesterday!!

Thanks so much for all of your prayers.

Caeser is sick PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Caeser is sick Bokmal10

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyFri May 09, 2008 8:20 am

That's great news! I'm glad Caeser is feeling better.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyFri May 09, 2008 9:15 am

Fantastic! I'm so glad he's feeling better now!

Caeser is sick NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyFri May 09, 2008 10:47 am

Thanks, Cheryl and Jon, I am so relieved!!

Caeser is sick PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyFri May 09, 2008 11:46 am

I'm so glad that Caesar is back to his feisty little self, Pam!!

Caeser is sick TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyFri May 09, 2008 12:55 pm

*squeal!* That's wonderful news, Pam!! Cheer I'm so glad that he's back to himself again.......

Oh........And Opie wants Caesar's e-mail address. He says that there are things that a little kitten should know how to do, and he wants to be sure that Caesar has been fully instructed. batEyes
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyFri May 09, 2008 12:58 pm

Savannah wrote:

Oh........And Opie wants Caesar's e-mail address. He says that there are things that a little kitten should know how to do, and he wants to be sure that Caesar has been fully instructed. batEyes

:faint2:

Caeser is sick PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Caeser is sick LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Caeser is sick Vianne10

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyFri May 09, 2008 1:03 pm

:woohooo: Oh Pam, that's wonderful news!! I'm so glad Caeser is all himself again!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Caeser is sick Happy011

Caeser is sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caeser is sick   Caeser is sick EmptyFri May 09, 2008 1:37 pm

I'm Glad he is OK

Caeser is sick Jacobk10Caeser is sick Jacob210