Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kickin' it in the 90s

Go down 
+13
Misti
EllieJane
Vanesa
Alice
Amy
bethandmanly
HarrisonCrosby4387
ChristinaAL
flatbroke
pamh36
Coach Jon
Rhonda
Carol
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Kickin' it in the 90s Happy010

Kickin' it in the 90s Empty
PostSubject: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyThu May 08, 2008 5:10 pm

grinsmiley Yeah, the 90s.....
We've talked about the 80s.... but let's talk about the 90s. What do you remember from this era? Cool

Those were my teenage years... and here is what I remember ☮

I remember riding in a car with friends and turning the volume up whenever "Ice Ice Baby" came on Laughing

90210 on the tube!
Kickin' it in the 90s Bev1

My friends and I going to see the movie "Clueless" and "Titanic" several times at the theater lol

I remember buying my brother a Sony Playstation system. :idance:

Beanie Babies babies were everywhere I turned. It was a nightmare!! Laughing
Kickin' it in the 90s Beanie_babies_lg

I had several favorite music videos.... one of them was:

"Nothing My Love Can't Fix" by Joey Lawrence

(Oh my gosh, Joey was so cute! Love I used to dress w/ jeans, sometimes torn at the knee... and I would have one of my shirts wrapped around my waist like he does here lol. I would wear overalls too, but like some of the girls in the video... not buttoned on top.)

I remember being a little bit obsessed (I say that jokinly) with Jared Leto of "My So Called Life" Love Love
Kickin' it in the 90s Jordan

================

What do you guys remember? :sillySmiley:

Kickin' it in the 90s Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Kickin' it in the 90s Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyThu May 08, 2008 5:18 pm

My Josh was born in 1990.............. grinsmiley

Kickin' it in the 90s Rhonda10Kickin' it in the 90s Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyThu May 08, 2008 5:23 pm

This was the decade I started high school (the latter portion of the decade, at least).

To add to your list, I remember watching the pilot for this show when it first aired...

Another thing that comes first to my mind is the Magnificent Seven (not the western, of course, but the seven American gymnasts who won the team gold medal). The Olympics were in Atlanta in 1996! The world came to my home state!

Twas a very exciting time to be a Georgian. I guess I was around 13/14 at the time.

Kickin' it in the 90s NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyThu May 08, 2008 5:59 pm

Well, I got married in 1989, so I was busy working my butt off for the first part of the 90's, tryng to help make ends meet, then for the second half, I was taking care of my babies as well as other peoples babies. That's about all I remember, lol.

Kickin' it in the 90s PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Kickin' it in the 90s Party010

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyThu May 08, 2008 6:01 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Well, I got married in 1989, so I was busy working my butt off for the first part of the 90's, tryng to help make ends meet, then for the second half, I was taking care of my babies as well as other peoples babies. That's about all I remember, lol.

I think I remember something that happened in 1995, but I can't remember what it is I remember. Cool
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyThu May 08, 2008 6:10 pm

You need help, Larry. :haha:

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyThu May 08, 2008 6:42 pm

90210, Carol. I remember my friend and I used to pretty much obsess over it. Also the TV show 7th Heaven. And how about boy bands? grinsmiley I was a huge Backstreet Boys fan myself!

Kickin' it in the 90s ChristinaKeeper2 Kickin' it in the 90s 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyThu May 08, 2008 6:48 pm

Oh yeah, 90210. I do remember that! Laughing

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Kickin' it in the 90s Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyThu May 08, 2008 7:28 pm

The Boy Bands, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, Britney and Christina, Techno.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Kickin' it in the 90s Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyThu May 08, 2008 11:49 pm

Those were the years I spent working three jobs to support my kid and me. Life was miserable. Let's see what I remember other than that:

Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman was on TV, as was Cheers (a fav of my hubby's), Buffy the Vampire Slayer (my fav), Full House, The Golden Girls, and Designing Women
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Johnny Quest made a come back
Trousers for women
windpants
New Kids on the Block and The BackStreet Boys (UGH)
The Blair Witch Project scared the heck out of me and I still can't watch it again

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Kickin' it in the 90s Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyFri May 09, 2008 8:12 am

Yeah, the 90's!!! :woohooo:

I became a wife and mom to start the decade off...at the age of 20! I grew up really quick. grinsmiley
Let's see....

It's funny, when you become a mom, you tend to think of the decade by what your kids watched! :haha: Cheryl named a few...here's some more:

It was THE decade for Disney movies...I mean, awesome Disney movies! Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story....need I say more? Wink

Kids shows:

Go Go Power Rangers!! Kidsongs! The Puzzle Place! Lambchop's playalong! Sonic and Knuckles! Fraggle Rock! Goof Troop! Mighty Ducks! Oh, and how can I forget......BARNEY!!

Hot shows of the 90's:

Dr. Quinn, NYPD Blue, E.R., The Nanny, X-Files, Melrose Place, Regis & Kathie Lee, Rosie O'Donnell...and of course, Oprah. Wink Hmm, I think Donahue was still on in the early 90's too. And ugh, Sally Jesse Raphael. And ugh, Geraldo Rivera.

Memorable movies:

Braveheart, Forest Gump, Sixth Sense, Jurrassic Park!!! And let's just say, the decade of Julia Roberts! grinsmiley

I think probably the most famous person of the 90's: Michael Jordan!

Oh, and ahem, there's the famous Monica Lewinsky presidential scandal. That probably marks the 90's more than anything else. Whistle

I have to say, the 90's have it....my favorite decade yet!! Applause

(Oh, and Jon just mentioned Chuck E Cheese in another thread! How could I forget Chuck E Cheese?! :scratch: )

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyFri May 09, 2008 12:20 pm

One of those "generational high school" films those of us who attended high school in the late 90s...

Kickin' it in the 90s Canthardlywait

"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyFri May 09, 2008 3:18 pm

I was working full-time and had my second child in 1991 and my third on 1993.

I don't remember a whole lot more :haha:

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyFri May 09, 2008 6:23 pm

I'm not a big fan of the 199o's. I didn't watch 90210, and only a few epies of "Doctor Queen". I know...I¡m a Biiiiiggg outsider! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Kickin' it in the 90s Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
EllieJane
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
EllieJane

Number of posts : 542
Mood : Kickin' it in the 90s Scared10

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyFri May 09, 2008 6:54 pm

I was a little kid so the only things I remember are The Puzzle place and Barney. LOT'S of Barney!
Oh, and that Lambchops show, I loved that one too. My grandma taped all these when I was little and sent them to us so they have been used over and over by all the kids in our family long after the show ended.

*sings* "This is the song that never ends, it goes on and on again...
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyFri May 09, 2008 6:55 pm

...some people started singing it not knowing what it was...

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyFri May 09, 2008 8:10 pm

and they'll continuing singing it forever just because...

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyFri May 09, 2008 8:22 pm

Duh! It's the song that doesn't end...

Kickin' it in the 90s HummerKickin' it in the 90s MistiKeeperKickin' it in the 90s Bookclub5Kickin' it in the 90s Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyFri May 09, 2008 8:33 pm

Yep, it goes on and on, my friend.

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyFri May 09, 2008 8:53 pm

Does ANYONE know who started singing it? :shifty:

Kickin' it in the 90s HummerKickin' it in the 90s MistiKeeperKickin' it in the 90s Bookclub5Kickin' it in the 90s Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Kickin' it in the 90s Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyFri May 09, 2008 8:55 pm

I don't know.......But, some people started singing it, not knowing what it was......
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyFri May 09, 2008 9:10 pm

Why were they singing it?? (I think I'll know what the next line will be!)

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Kickin' it in the 90s Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyFri May 09, 2008 9:12 pm

Misti wrote:
Why were they singing it??

To annoy their neighbors? batEyes
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptyFri May 09, 2008 9:13 pm

(Buzzer sounds!) Weren't you supposed to say, "just because...?" ROTFL

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s EmptySat May 10, 2008 7:11 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickin' it in the 90s   Kickin' it in the 90s Empty

Back to top Go down

Kickin' it in the 90s
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: