Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael Landon Jr. Book

Go down 
+4
bethandmanly
Gin
JW
ChristinaAL
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2757

Michael Landon Jr. Book Empty
PostSubject: Michael Landon Jr. Book   Michael Landon Jr. Book EmptyFri May 30, 2008 8:01 pm

I was reading a post about ML jr's movies in the TV & Movie Section, and it reminded me that I forgot to post this. When I was at Border's last weekend, I saw a book written by ML jr and Tracie Peterson, called "One More Sunrise." I picked it up because I'm always looking for new things to read (since I don't have to read stuff for school anymore happy1 LOL), and the fact that he wrote it intrigued me a bit. Haven't started it yet, but here's a link to it at BarnesandNobles.com, where I'm also browsing at the moment:

One More Sunrise

Michael Landon Jr. Book ChristinaKeeper2 Michael Landon Jr. Book 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Michael Landon Jr. Book Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Michael Landon Jr. Book   Michael Landon Jr. Book EmptySat May 31, 2008 5:29 pm

Cool I want that book yet to Tell me if it is any good

Michael Landon Jr. Book Jacobk10Michael Landon Jr. Book Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Michael Landon Jr. Book Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Michael Landon Jr. Book   Michael Landon Jr. Book EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 12:42 pm

Now that looks like a book I'd like to read. I had no idea he was an author. He really has alot of his fathers ideas in inspirational stories. Thanks for sharing.

Michael Landon Jr. Book Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Michael Landon Jr. Book Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Michael Landon Jr. Book   Michael Landon Jr. Book EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 4:25 pm

Gin wrote:
Now that looks like a book I'd like to read. I had no idea he was an author. He really has alot of his fathers ideas in inspirational stories. Thanks for sharing.

He's probably not. Since a co-author is mentioned, she's might be his ghostwriter. Sometimes they are credited and other times they aren't. I know, I shouldn't be pessimistic, but I'm still in a snit over that nasty movie he made about his dad.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Michael Landon Jr. Book   Michael Landon Jr. Book EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 8:33 pm

Did he make a movie about his Dad?

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Michael Landon Jr. Book Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Michael Landon Jr. Book   Michael Landon Jr. Book EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 9:52 pm

JW wrote:
Did he make a movie about his Dad?

Several years ago, he produced and directed a CBS (I think) movie titled, "The Father I Knew". It portrayed Michael Sr. in a bad light, blaming him for Leslie's bulimia, making him seem unolving and selfish because of his break up with Lynn, and just really trashed his reputation. As I mentioned in another thread, it's one thing to do that when his father was alive tand could defend himself, but it seem like a cowardly act to wait until he was dead to produce it.

I'm not saying I believe that Michael Sr. was a saint who did no wrong, only that I didn't think the movie was unfair after Michael's death.

Oh, and John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard, Dr. Quinn, Smallville) played Michael Sr. and he had the world's worst wig. So right there, the movie was a total injustice. Not to mention that John was way too tall to be playing Michael Landon. I really liked John Schneider until he took on this role.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Michael Landon Jr. Book Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Michael Landon Jr. Book   Michael Landon Jr. Book EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 7:48 am

I never saw that movie thankfully. I love Michael, John and also the works of Michael Jr. I guess this movie is kinda the same as Ghost in the Little House. I'll stay away from it so my love of these men and their works won't be ruined.

Michael Landon Jr. Book MarilynKeeper Michael Landon Jr. Book Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Michael Landon Jr. Book   Michael Landon Jr. Book EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 9:12 am

Same Here Marilyn I will stay away from that movie thanks Cherly other wise if i had seen that movie somewhere i would bought it

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Michael Landon Jr. Book   Michael Landon Jr. Book EmptyTue Jun 03, 2008 10:50 am

I've never seen the more either.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Michael Landon Jr. Book Goodsi10

PostSubject: Michael Landon Jr. Book   Michael Landon Jr. Book EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 7:45 pm

I see that a novel co-written by Michael Landon, Jr. - One More Sunrise - is being offered on Kindle for only .99 cents, and at equally low prices in other formats.  I'm posting this here instead of in the book section because this section is probably more widely seen, and I believe this offer is only good for today, so it's time-sensitive.  Just go to Amazon.com and search "one more sunrise."

About the novel...

A MYSTERIOUS FEATHER...AN ODD STRANGER...ANOTHER CHANCE?

Joe Daley's life is spiraling out of control. In more ways than one...

His dreams of WWII glory died along with his plans to serve his country. Fifteen years later, Joe Daley flies a crop duster and struggles through life, with his marriage to high-school-sweetheart Meg running on fumes.

Until one morning when Joe's daily routine turns into the ride of a lifetime as his beat-up biplane begins a heart-stoppign spiral toward earth. What did he hit? An enormous bird? With the only evidence a long white feather, Joe embarks on a new odyssey.

When an old high-school suitor of Megs'--now the charming representative of a corporate farming enterprise--arrives in town, he offers better lives for everyone. Is this the opportunity Joe and Meg have been waiting for? Or a collision course with disaster?

A gripping story of lives turned upside down and dreams transformed into something beautiful and new...
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Michael Landon Jr. Book Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Michael Landon Jr. Book   Michael Landon Jr. Book EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 10:35 pm

The movie The Father I Knew was awful and an insult to Michael Sr's memory. Michael Jr made his dad look bad. It was an unfair thing to do to his dad's memory. I had read the family was upset with him for making the movie. It's like he wanted to hurt his dad somehow. Michael admitted he was no saint and made mistakes. We all do.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1053

PostSubject: Re: Michael Landon Jr. Book   Michael Landon Jr. Book EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 6:39 am

I saw the movie a few years ago, painful to watch in part because it was so badly made, not high quality if memory serves me. I'm sure it was cathartic though for the son. I had to remember the Michael we knew was mostly from press, his shows, etc. and true, but the other Michael, equally real, also existed and hurt his family very much. It happens every day in the world, but when you are on TV, it is out there for everyone to see and read about and makes the dagger in the heart even more pronounced. His world wasn't ours. I remember reading about cruel things he said to someone who was fat, etc. and fans would be so angry at the person repeating it. Having an actor/director who was wonderful is a gift, Michael will always be special, but making him a saint, no. You have to accept he had his faults, as he did often. No one ever made TV like him after he left.
I forgive his son because I know how awful it must have been to be hurt and see his mom hurt and the tabloids and the pregnancy, all for the world to see. But the movie shouldn't be shown anymore at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Landon Jr. Book   Michael Landon Jr. Book Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Landon Jr. Book
Page 1 of 1