HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Audiobooks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Number of posts : 8656
Mood :

PostSubject: Audiobooks   Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:38 pm

Have you ever listened to an audiobook?

I remember the disney audiobooks that had a chime sound whenever it was time to turn the page. lol I loved those.

As an adult, I think the only one I have heard was Anne of Green Gables. I loved them!! This was after I had READ the books... I just know I had to check that tape out when I saw it at the library.

There was also The Long Journey...narrated by Megan Follows.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7227
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Audiobooks   Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:16 am

I have, but they are usually non-fiction books that we listen to in our car on the way down south. I think last year we listened to one of Ann Coulter's books.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19953
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Audiobooks   Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:35 am

My boys always had the audio books and of course, they really became popular with Teddy Ruxpin telling the story.....do you remember Teddy??? He was WONDERFUL!!! My boys ALWAYS loved hearing stories at night, but they never would stop at just one or two, so I had them pick their favorites and I taped myself reading the stories to them. At night, after I read one story not on the tape, I would pop in the tape and they could hear 'mom' continue to read to them....it worked out great! Thumbsup

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53814
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Audiobooks   Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:05 pm

We have a bunch of stories on cassette that we used to let the children listen to. Your Story Hour has some really good ones. I don't think those really count as audiobooks, though. LOL!

I listened to one of the "The Cat Who........" mystery books on cassette, but the person who was doing the reading was incredibly boring. :sleep: Or, maybe the book was. Maybe both!

The only other time I've heard books on cassette/cd was when I was working for a lady who had brain cancer. She was too weak to read anymore, so her husband would get audiobooks from the library for her to listen to. One of the narrators had the worst fake Southern accent EVER! :Hahaha: It was absolutely laughable. Which was bad, because the story was supposed to be very serious and dramatic. :Hahaha:

I've thought about trying the audiobooks again, though, because I can listen to a good book while I stitch or sketch, or clean.....whatever. It just has to be a good narrator.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Audiobooks   Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:34 pm

Rhonda wrote:
My boys always had the audio books and of course, they really became popular with Teddy Ruxpin telling the story.....do you remember Teddy???

I remember!!! lol
I remember wanting one. Teddy Ruxpin rocked! lol Love

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Audiobooks   Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:45 pm

Carol wrote:
I remember the disney audiobooks that had a chime sound whenever it was time to turn the page. lol I loved those.

Okay, this is one of the pics of the books we had

It would say:

"This is the story of [insert title here]. You can read along with me in your book. You'll know it's time to turn the page when you hear the chimes ring like this: (sound of [chimes WAV files|chimes] ringing). Let's begin now."

I used to love those!

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53814
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Audiobooks   Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:17 pm

We have about twenty or thirty of those, Carol! The children LOVED them. Caleby used to listen to the SAME Pooh story every night before he'd go to sleep. Love Rachel loved the Cinderella, Snow White, etc........and Michael always wanted to hear some Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers stories. Jeremiah even liked them, even though he was older.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Number of posts : 9006
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Audiobooks   Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:48 pm

I Once listin to Nancy Drew Mystery of the Old Clock i got it from the Libary i listin to it while running on the Tread mill kept me going lol and when i was Younger i had one Franklyn Tape

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Audiobooks   Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:37 pm

Yes I have. My boys really love them.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6

Number of posts : 2529
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Audiobooks   Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:21 pm

I have the bible on tape, all 66 (?) books.
I am thinking of buying one of the LH books on cd when I'm in Mansfield next month. I can't decide which book though, I might have to buy 2.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

PostSubject: Re: Audiobooks   Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:26 am

The first audio book I remember listening to was Jurassic Park (right after I saw the movie).

"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid

Number of posts : 2580
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Audiobooks   Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:21 pm

We listen to audio books all the time in the car. Everyone in my family loves Farmer Boy and On the Banks of Plum Creek, which is all we have of the LH books so far.

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5919
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Audiobooks   Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:21 am

The Little House books are on audio???? I had no idea...but I haven't looked either. This just might be how I get my boys to "read" them. We might be going to San Antonio next month so that could be a good time to trap them to listen! he he!

It is the lack of Christianity that has brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts. LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Audiobooks   Today at 8:41 am

Back to top Go down

Audiobooks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1