Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Info about us 'oldies' here...

Go down 
+10
Rob
LIWnut
pamh36
bethandmanly
JW
Teresa
Savannah
Prairie Wind
Rhonda
Amy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Info about us 'oldies' here... Love-s10

Info about us 'oldies' here... Empty
PostSubject: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 10:20 am

At Prairie Wind's/Holly's request, I'm starting a thread to give all of you some info on we members who've been here for a long time, but perhaps many of you don't know much about. Hopefully everyone will join in with their own little 'mini-autobiography'! Thumbsup

I'm Amy and I'm 38. I've been happily married for 18 years, and have two sons, Brendan & Nicholas. Brendan starts college in the fall and Nick will be in 8th grade. My 'girls' are Chelsey & Jenna, our Golden Retriever mix and Beagle. I am a childcare provider. I love scrapbooking, camping, decorating our home, reading and recently, I'm trying to rejuvenate my love for cross-stitching. My favorite shows are Little House, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman, and the X-Files---I know, weird combination! :haha: I also love Survivor and American Idol. I've been here on the board since 2000.

Ok, next.... batEyes

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Info about us 'oldies' here... Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 11:14 am

My name is Rhonda, I am the TRUE oldie of the forum!!! :haha: I joined back in 1998, when we were on another server.....I think we have gone through about 5 or 6 now...... Huh?

I have loved Little House since it first came out in 1974 and have been to Mansfield, Missouri to visit Laura's Rocky Ridge Farm. My Aunt lives about an hour from there, so it was a nice day trip for she and I to take. I hope to get back up there soon, because they were in the process of re-enforcing the kitchen floor and they had ALL of Laura's appliances out of the kitchen and you could only use your imagination as to how it looked before.....

I am a born and raised California girl and have been living in Arkansas for the past 19 years. We moved here after my father in law passed away. I will be 50 in August and am totally thrilled to be turning the big 5-0 as I have gone through cancer twice and wasn't sure I would make it to 40. I have been married for 28 years and have 3 boys, BJ (23), Jake (20 in July) and Josh (18), 2 dogs, Buddy and Cain....Cain actually belongs to Jake, but he can't have him at his apartment......3 cats, Purrl, BMW (Beemer) and Oscar.....(Pics in the photo gallery)

When I have time in my busy life, I enjoy camping, being outdoors, collecting thimbles from all over and spending time with my boys. I don't have a lot of time for watching TV, but when I am able, I watch any of the CSI shows, Hallmark movies, Lifetime movies, and some of the Disney movie specials that are out.

I went to school to be a preschool teacher and had to give up teaching when I became sick, too difficult to be around little people when your immune system is shot. After going through all my treatments and getting back to healthy, I have worked as a legal secretary since 2003. I recently got out of that field and am currently looking to change my career...... Type

And, as my signature says, I am in remission and a 10 year survivor! batEyes

Info about us 'oldies' here... Rhonda10Info about us 'oldies' here... Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 12:34 pm

Oh! This is great, ladies! Keep 'em coming!

Amy, I love scrap booking, too but it's sort of weird- I either am REALLY into it or I don't touch it! I haven't touched it in a while. I think it's because we've moved too much in the last few years...

I used to cross stitch, too but I have an (unseen) wrist deformity that keeps me from doing much of it so I gave it up. There's actually lots of things I can only do in moderation because of my wrists and it's a bit irritating. I'm a real go for it all the way type of person and moderation and I are still learning how to get along.

I never did go back to the Dr. Quinn board after my computer over- haul. I'm taking a break from Dr. Quinn right now. Those towns- people were really getting on my nerves!

That's funny about your varied tastes in programing. I think most of us are like that. I love old fashioned movies and books but yet I love pop and soft rock and big dangling earrings...
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 12:45 pm

So Rhonda, you and Amy and I are on the all boy team! Aren't boys great? My "girls" are my flowers and kittens.

In so many ways I am a girly girl but yet I had 3 older brothers growing up (plus all their friends!) and now 4 boys of my own.

Just this morning I was actually brave enough to bring home a baby turtle for my youngest. I had found it on my walk. My boys have had lots of turtles through the years but this was my first one to ever pick up! I RAN home laughing all the way because I was so scared he's pop out of his shell! :haha:

I've been married 28 years, too! :love3: My husband is my knight in shinning armour! I'm so thankful for a happy marraige.

I'm so glad you're healthy now, Rhonda. What line of work are thinking about getting into now?

Oh yes, we camped a lot when we were younger but now arthritis in the shoulders keeps us off the ground. Hopefully we can buy another travel trailer some day and camper- camp again.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Info about us 'oldies' here... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : Info about us 'oldies' here... Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 12:55 pm

Holly, you've been married for twenty-eight years?? What did you do.........marry at birth?? You look very young!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 1:37 pm

My name is Teresa. I'm 36 years old and live in Minneapolis. I've been a member of this forum for 4 years. My husband and I will be celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary tomorrow. I have 2 children. Emily will be 5 in July, and Shane is 17 months. I am a stay-at-home mom. We have a dog named Libby who will be 11 years old on July 4th. She is an Italian Greyhound. I can't really say that I have any hobbies at the moment. My son is at that very BUSY stage right now and keeps me on the go. My favorite TV shows are: LHOTP, 24, CSI Miami, Amazing Race, Survivor, and American Idol.

Info about us 'oldies' here... TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Savannah wrote:
Holly, you've been married for twenty-eight years?? What did you do.........marry at birth?? You look very young!

LOL, Savannah, you and I are thinking the same thing! Holly made a comment about getting a call from a son in Idaho (I think it was?) on another thread and I thought, "What? She has a kid that old?!" LOL! Do tell, Holly, and please share your 'fountain of youth' secrets with the rest of us ladies of the forum! batEyes

Ok, Holly, you were on the Dr. Quinn forum? What was your user name on there? (You can PM me if you'd rather Wink ). LOL---I can certainly understand why you're taking a break! Whistle

And YES, I go back and forth with the scrapbooking too----I just recently finished my sons 'school' scrapbook in time for his graduation and it only took me 3 months (that's grade 5-12!), because I was under pressure. NOW I need to start my younger son's book right away or I'll find some excuse to wait until only 3 months before his graduation!!! :shy:

Teresa, I hope you and your hubby have a happy anniversary tomorrow!Info about us 'oldies' here... Amour32

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 2:07 pm

Thank you, Amy!!

Info about us 'oldies' here... TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 2:14 pm

Oh good grief, how embarrassing! Holly, I went back and read your original introduction post and I see I invited you here from the Dr. Quinn forum!! :unsure: Whoops! Sorry I forgot that!! :shy: LOL! AND I see that you mentioned you have 3 grandkids!! Good grief---I can't believe YOU have 3 grandkids!! WOW.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 2:31 pm

Savannah wrote:

I married at 18, have very good genes and cameras like me.
I do look older in person though. I actually have age spots and wrinkles!
OhMy
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 2:39 pm

Amy wrote:
Oh good grief, how embarrassing! Holly, I went back and read your original introduction post and I see I invited you here from the Dr. Quinn forum!! :unsure: Whoops! Sorry I forgot that!! :shy: LOL! AND I see that you mentioned you have 3 grandkids!! Good grief---I can't believe YOU have 3 grandkids!! WOW.

Ha-ha, Amy! Yes, you invited me here. It's okay... It's easy to get confused in cyberspace. I was mistsfromthepast at Dr. Quinn. which is also my user name on Youtube, or any other video or music related accounts.

My son with my grandkids also married young and had kids right away and if HIS first born marries young and does the same, I could be a great gramma by the time I'm in my early 60s! My oldest is 26 but he's still single. It does seem weird at times because I still feel very young but something tells me I always will.
It's fun!

happy1
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 2:43 pm

Teresa wrote:
My name is Teresa. I'm 36 years old and live in Minneapolis. I've been a member of this forum for 4 years. My husband and I will be celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary tomorrow. I have 2 children. Emily will be 5 in July, and Shane is 17 months. I am a stay-at-home mom. We have a dog named Libby who will be 11 years old on July 4th. She is an Italian Greyhound. I can't really say that I have any hobbies at the moment. My son is at that very BUSY stage right now and keeps me on the go. My favorite TV shows are: LHOTP, 24, CSI Miami, Amazing Race, Survivor, and American Idol.

Hi, Teresa!

I think your 17 month old IS your hobby! :sillySmiley:
For everything there is a season.
I stayed home with all mine (still am) and I don't regret it!

Happy Anniversary! bestwishes
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 2:52 pm

I just went and read my original intro...

I didn't add my boys' ages.

They are 26, 25, 22 and 10. All the older ones have moved away but only my 25 year old is married.

We home schooled the older ones from age 12, 11 and 8 up through high school and now the 10 year old since birth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 6:07 pm

Quote :
So Rhonda, you and Amy and I are on the all boy team! Aren't boys great? My "girls" are my flowers and kittens.

In so many ways I am a girly girl but yet I had 3 older brothers growing up (plus all their friends!) and now 4 boys of my own.
So am I.

My name is Susie. I'm 35 years old and live in IL. I've been a member for almost 2 years(i forgot when I joined the old one). I have been married for 16 1/2 years. We have 4 boys, Zachary16 next month, Levi 9 next month, Payton 7, Michael 6 next Fri. I'm a stay at home mom, fulltime now(my dad joined the union). I enjoy gardening, LH, collecting cows, garage saling, walking. We have 3 dogs Molly 1, Half Pint 3 months, Ginger 5.

Info about us 'oldies' here... Thbratzgrouprocks

Last edited by Susie on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Info about us 'oldies' here... Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 9:57 pm

I'm Not sure if i count as an Oldie but here goes lol

My Name is Jacob I live in Canada I Join April 3 2006 on the Old Forum and i had been at the other old forum for a little while then i got busy and left and came back about a year later and Join the New Old forum (am I making sense?) lol anyways I'm a Homeschooler i have 6 Siblings 3 Brothers and 3 Sisters 3 brothers are married and 1 sister is married as well i have 2 Nieces Luella and Priscilla (BOTH VERY CUTE) i also have some Rabbits not sure how many at the time my Rabbit had baby Rabbits My Favorite TV shows are LHOTP American Idol Gilmour Girls and so on lol Oh i also have one Clam lol thats about it

Info about us 'oldies' here... Jacobk10Info about us 'oldies' here... Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Info about us 'oldies' here... Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Didn't anyone warn you people how much I like to talk about myself. :haha:

Let's see, I'm Cheryl, a soon to be 40, stay-at-home mom and wife to my best friend for the past 8 years. Our daughters, known as the Lil Diva (6) and the Lil Princess (4) keep us hopping most days. My son is 21 and lives away from home.

I am a freelance writer, book reviewer, and virtual book tour coordinator and enjoy volunteering at our church and at the girls' schools. In the little spare time I have I write LHOP fan fiction stories, cross-stitch, and garden--though I'm horrible at it. I've been an avid reader all my life and continue to enjoy books in a variety of genres. I especially enjoy any title about the American Civil and Revolutionary wars, and historical fiction from the mid to late 1800's.

You can find me online at:

http://ccmalandrinos.tripod.com/
http://www.thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/
http://aspiringauthor.blogspot.com/ and
http://lauralittlehouseontheprairie.blogspot.com/

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 5:57 am

JW wrote:
I'm Not sure if i count as an Oldie but here goes lol

My Name is Jacob I live in Canada

Hey, Jaccob! May I ask How old you are? I loved home schooling with my boys! :CoolSign:
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 6:06 am

Susie wrote:

My name is Susie. I'm 35 years old and live in IL.

One more for the boy team! But, Susie! I'm so confused! :think: A couple weeks ago your age was stated to be 71 and now is says 51 but you now say you are 35! Laughing What gives?!

Looks like you have a gap with your boys but in the reverse order of mine. My first 3 were teens when the baby came around. They sure did love their little brother and WANTED to baby sit. When they all left home, I was a little lost. I missed hanging out with them.

Hey, I like to walk, too and I used to collect cows. I only have one now. I've moved too many times to really collect anything. That's one of my dreams... To settle and collect!

Give half pint a pat for me. :Snoopy14:
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 6:18 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Let's see, I'm Cheryl, a soon to be 40, stay-at-home mom and wife to my best friend for the past 8 years.

Wow! Thanks for all the links, Cheryl. This is really going to help me keep everyone strait. What a wonderful group of individuals we have here!

Cheryl, it must be so much fun to have 2 little girls. I can't wait to live closer to my granddaughters again!

I love to write too and I have an inspirational/devotional blog. I'd want to be a real writer when I grow up!

So... you like to garden but you're horrible at it? Laughing You sound like me! The only place I really liked vegetable gardening was in Washington state which is where I'm originally from. It's just been too hot for gardening anywhere else. That doesn't stop me from growing flowers though! I don't know if I'm really good at it but I sure do enjoy it! I tend to move my flowers around like furniture and they don't seem to like that a whole lot... But... they're my girls and yes I will admit that I talk to them (much to my little boy's dismay!) My favorite flower is the Pansy but they don't do very well here in Virginia. I grew them year round in Washington though. I have tiny little vases all around my house that have Pansies in them. They only last a couple days but they look so cute and Victorian.

sunny
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Info about us 'oldies' here... Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:04 am

Prairie Wind wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:

Cheryl, it must be so much fun to have 2 little girls.

Well, considering that their nicknames are the Lil Diva and the Lil Princess, fun isn't always what I would call it around here. My son was much easier to raise and he didn't have any drama queen moments like the girls do. My oldest has always been very jealous of her little sister, so I often hear, "You love her, but you hate me," when she gets scolded. I feel like I live with Nancy Oleson. :haha: But they are also some of the cutest and most loving children when they want to be, so it all evens out.

Prairie Wind wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:

So... you like to garden but you're horrible at it?

I have such a brown thumb that I once killed a cactus. Now, that takes effort. The year I had a vegetable garden it worked out pretty well, but house plants and I don't have a good relationship. I also tend to plant things too close together, so I end up having to transplant a lot. I wish I had an eye for garden design, but it totally eludes me. Instead, I depend upon the Better Home and Gardens website for ideas.

BTW, I didn't know you came from the DQ forum. I'm a member there as well. My name is cooperkid.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:23 am

bethandmanly wrote:
My oldest has always been very jealous of her little sister, so I often hear, "You love her, but you hate me," when she gets scolded. I feel like I live with Nancy Oleson.

OH, rolling!! Rolling!! ROTFL I must say, I think boys are easier than girls too. I watch my twin 13 yr old nieces in action and I don't envy my sister one bit! :unsure: In fact, my parents have my son, my nephew, and my nieces all camping up North for the week, ALL age 13!! I fear for their sanity, but mostly because of the girls!! LOL!

And don't feel bad Cheryl, I could probably kill a cactus too. Thumbsup I share your brown thumb, indeed! batEyes

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:29 am

Prairie Wind wrote:
But, Susie! I'm so confused! :think: A couple weeks ago your age was stated to be 71 and now is says 51 but you now say you are 35! Laughing What gives?!

Oh, I hadn't noticed this before! :unsure: Susie, maybe YOU should give us your 'fountain of youth' secrets! :haha:

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:56 am

Amy wrote:
Prairie Wind wrote:
But, Susie! I'm so confused! :think: A couple weeks ago your age was stated to be 71 and now is says 51 but you now say you are 35! Laughing What gives?!

Oh, I hadn't noticed this before! :unsure: Susie, maybe YOU should give us your 'fountain of youth' secrets! :haha:

lol I'm really 35...will be 36 Oct. 14. OhMy

For the longest time we only wanted one child. Out of the blue I wanted to try for a girl.It wasn't suppose to be. I'm just as happy with the boys. I did get all neices on my side. grinsmiley

Last edited by Susie on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 10:02 am

Yup. We thought we'd stop at 3 but then...
We actually wanted more after our last but I would only miscarry. No

Uh... wha?? Did Susie's post about her gap disapear? Or am I just confused?

Oh... There is is. what in the world? ROTFL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 10:10 am

I think we posted at the same time. :think: I was editing my post(I wanted to add the part about the girls). You saw it before I changed it. Now I'm confused.lol Huh? Now you must think I'm really a nut case....1st the age changing and now this... :unsure:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... Empty

Back to top Go down

Info about us 'oldies' here...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next