Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Info about us 'oldies' here...

Go down 
+10
Rob
LIWnut
pamh36
bethandmanly
JW
Teresa
Savannah
Prairie Wind
Rhonda
Amy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 10:16 am

I'm Pam and I'm 38 years old. I will be 39 in August. affraid I've been married for almost 19 years (next month). I have 2 kids, a son, Devin, who is 14, and a daughter, Kelsey, who is 9. We have 2 pets, an 8 yr. old German Shephard, named Carol, and a 4 month old kitty, named Caeser, who is in my avatar pic. I'm going to school right now, working towards earning a degree in Early Childhood. Right now, I just sub between a daycare center and a preschool, but I am hoping to find something more regular.

Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 11:50 am

:haha: I just figured it was time to get off the computer for a little bit!
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 2:03 pm

I forgot some things about me lol

so PS I Lived in Mexico till i was 8 Years old and then we moved to Canada I Speak Low German High German and english and I know a little Spanish I am the Youngest of 7 Children I think i was the youngest person on the forum when i join but that change lol well thats it

Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Jacobk10Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 3:01 pm

Prairie Wind wrote:
JW wrote:
I'm Not sure if i count as an Oldie but here goes lol

My Name is Jacob I live in Canada

Hey, Jaccob! May I ask How old you are? I loved home schooling with my boys! :CoolSign:

Jacob, I figured you probably missed this post. Wink Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 7:11 pm

Oh Yeah I'm 14 Years Old and I Also want to Become a Chiropractor once i am out of school at age 16 i know its young but it will probally take a coupel of years till i am done with the whole Chiropractor thing i will have to go to a Diffrent school then like maybe a coupel of hours a day and that will take money that my parents don't have so i will get a Part Time Job instead of start working Full time in some kind of Factory i want to become a Chiropractor

Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Jacobk10Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 7:17 pm

I thought you was around 17 Jacob.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 7:24 pm

nah Susie I'm Only 14

Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 7:32 pm

JW wrote:
Oh Yeah I'm 14 Years Old and I Also want to Become a Chiropractor once i am out of school at age 16

Thanks, Jaccob! I remembered you mentioning your age once so I knew you were a teen but I didn't know your exact age.

So what motivates you to become a Chiropractor? I know mine sure helped me!!

:Gjob:
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 7:34 pm

Prairie Wind wrote:
JW wrote:
Oh Yeah I'm 14 Years Old and I Also want to Become a Chiropractor once i am out of school at age 16

Thanks, Jaccob! I remembered you mentioning your age once so I knew you were a teen but I didn't know your exact age.

So what motivates you to become a Chiropractor? I know mine sure helped me!!

:Gjob:

:Hahaha: Because he hangs around with Larry and Rob and they are a big pain in the..............oops, that would be a different kind of doctor........ Whistle

Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Rhonda10Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:00 pm

Rhonda :Hahaha:

Holly I Want to be Chirpractor cause i want to Help Peopel I always wanted to be Doctor (I New it would never happen but i always dreamt about it) but of course that would take Years and Years of Training till i would be abel to work somewhere with being a Chiropractor i'm kind of Like a Doctor i get to Help Peopel and I might get to Open my Own Office someday

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:14 pm

It takes 8 years of schooling to become a chiropractor. Mine told me yesterday how long it took him. Good luck Jacob my friend.

Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:34 pm

Thanks Marilyn

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:45 am

I have been coming to this prairie for a few years now, don't know just how many because I started at the previous forum. Carol invited me to come over here from Prairie Talk and in turn I have invited a few people from there to here too. I love this site, the people are wonderful and it's so much fun to talk to other LHOP and LIW fans.
I live about an hour north of Toronto, ON Canada. I am 42, single and work at a coffee shop. I have 2 brothers, 5 nephews and one more little nephew or neice coming in another 7 weeks or so.
I am addicted to all things Laura. I have over 100 books in my personal library either written by Laura or about her and her family. I am a personal friend of a relative of Laura, whom I am planning to visit one month from now. Together we are seeing some LIW sites along with a small group of friends.

Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 7:41 am

Rhonda wrote:
:Hahaha:Because he hangs around with Larry and Rob and they are a big pain in the..............oops, that would be a different kind of doctor........ Whistle

Larry and I take great pride in knowing that we've inspired many people to become proctologists.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:21 am

JW wrote:
Holly I Want to be Chirpractor cause i want to Help Peopel

That's wonderful, Jaccob! I love to see how God shows himself in different ways through all people!

Applause
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:25 am

LIWnut wrote:
I live about an hour north of Toronto, ON Canada.

I wish you didn't live so far away, Marilyn! I'd love to visit with you and look through your books! I love all things Laura, too. I'm so thankful to the Lord for the 18 months I lived in South Dakota. It meant so much to me to experience the prairie wind and the smells that Laura experienced.

🎻
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 2:02 pm

My name is Misti and I think I've been around since about 1998. I think I came aboard shortly after Rhonda did. I think I've been thru transition to this current board from the old one.

I remember well I was having computer problems and couldn't get on the board (the old board) to chat, only the backup one (which turned out to be this one). Rhonda & Carol were my lifelines to the old board and I still am thankful for that.

Anyway, I'm 41 years old and I live in southeast Texas. I've been married 17 years to hubby, David, and we have two boys, Damis Lynn is 16 yrs. and Shiloh Aaron is 10 yrs.

We have two dogs, Lucky and Annie and a cat, Runt.

I got a 2 yr. certificate in 1991 for clerk-typist/word processing, but it was set aside since I was pregnant at the time.

So now, I've been working since 2003 at my local newspaper, the (and I'm not making this up!) Cow Country Courier. I do the typing, typesetting, putting the papers on the streets and the mailings.

Myself, David and now Damis are active in the local fire dept. (I'm the secretary/treasurer & David is the fire marshal & training officer and a firefighter. Damis is a firefighter, too.), Shiloh is in 4-H. We live on 1 1/4 acres in the country & we do normal "country" things; gardening, etc. Oh, the tomatoes are finally ripe!!! On the side, we mow lawns for people to make some extra money.

Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 HummerInfo about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 MistiKeeperInfo about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Bookclub5Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 3:24 pm

Misti wrote:
So now, I've been working since 2003 at my local newspaper, the (and I'm not making this up!) Cow Country Courier. I do the typing, typesetting, putting the papers on the streets and the mailings.

What is Cow Country Courier? :think:
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 3:35 pm

JW wrote:
nah Susie I'm Only 14

I thought you were older too, Jacob! You're the same age as my son.

Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 3:57 pm

Prairie Wind wrote:
LIWnut wrote:
I live about an hour north of Toronto, ON Canada.

I wish you didn't live so far away, Marilyn! I'd love to visit with you and look through your books! I love all things Laura, too. I'm so thankful to the Lord for the 18 months I lived in South Dakota. It meant so much to me to experience the prairie wind and the smells that Laura experienced.

🎻

It would be fun to live closer to a lot of the people on this forum.
I envy you Holly, you've been to/lived in SD. I hope to go there maybe next summer with my friend Beth. We're thinking about it, don't know if it will happen. Time will tell.
Marilyn

Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 5:25 am

Misti wrote:
My name is Misti and I think I've been around since about 1998.

Thanks for sharing, Misti!

One more for the all boys' team! Cheer

I lived in SE Texas (Vidor) for 11 years. It was quite an adjustment for this rainy Washington girl! Well, actually, I never did adjust, which is why I'm not their now! grinsmiley

Wow, it would be so much fun to work for a newspaper. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you... What a cute name!

Mooo! cowboyR (Couldn't find a "cow" smiley!)
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 5:31 am

[quote="LIWnut]

I envy you Holly, you've been to/lived in SD. I hope to go there maybe next summer with my friend Beth. We're thinking about it, don't know if it will happen. Time will tell.
Marilyn[/quote]

I hope you can go! Summer would be the time to go if you really want to experience the weather! The winds are so hot and so strong! It's almost unbelievable. I could hardly imagine Laura and Almanzo riding around in a buggy with their thick clothing. Winter is totally unpredictable. There could be a blizzard or you could be having lunch out on the deck in 70 degree weather! I loved it!

I could have spent all day in De Smet but I had a bored little boy with me so we didn't stay as long as I would have liked. Wink
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 5:43 am

pamh36 wrote:
I'm Pam and I'm 38 years old. I will be 39 in August. affraid

Pam! In yesterday's confusion, I missed your post! Laughing
Hey, have you noticed the age similarities of the women in this thread?
Rhonda and I are the only "older women". :idance:

So how are you managing your schooling? Do you go nights? Online?

:kitty:
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 6:44 am

"older women" ? Honey, I'm an antique!!! Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 15_8_138

Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Rhonda10Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 7:17 am

Rhonda wrote:
"older women" ? Honey, I'm an antique!!! Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 15_8_138

ROTFL or should it be? bawling

grinsmiley

I love getting older! But since my husband is 9 years older than me, I'll always be "the younger woman"!

happy1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Info about us 'oldies' here...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next