Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Info about us 'oldies' here...

Go down 
+10
Rob
LIWnut
pamh36
bethandmanly
JW
Teresa
Savannah
Prairie Wind
Rhonda
Amy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 4 Pbucket

Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:27 pm

Prairie Wind wrote:
Glad to see this bumped! How about info about not so oldies?

I know, I know, I'm nosey!

:rainbowfaces:

Not nosey, Holly. Just curious! :haha:

Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 4 MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Prairie Wind
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Prairie Wind

Number of posts : 1369

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 8:30 pm

Not only curious but I guess I'm just a personable person!! grinsmiley

Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 4 Hollykeeper
Back to top Go down
http://toknowhimmore.blogspot.com/
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:56 pm

Amy wrote:
Misti wrote:
Amy, I used to go out to fires and did a little bit, but now I strictly do the office work. But David has been in since 1984, active, and Damis since last year. He has been participating in fires, too. He's considered a junior member, but he does fight fires. grinsmiley

That's great experience for him! Is this what he wants to do 'long-term'? (Well, at this point anyway...most 16yr olds don't have any idea what they want long-term Wink Wink ). I think it would be kind of scary, as a mom, huh? That whole 'loss of control' thing?

Yeah, Amy, it can be kinda scary at times, like when they go out on a big grass fire, but he has enough experienced people around him that he's as safe as possible.

As far as "long term" a few weeks ago the fd got called out to assist the local EMS, a "code blue," and he went to that. They found the man that was on the floor, not breathing, no pulse and they all started CPR on him. Damis was doing compressions but then got switched to artificial respirations, which they used over his mouth. There is a bulb thing on it in which you do the "breathing" for him.

Anyway, he went with them in the ambulance doing that and afterwards, the EMS director commended him on the good job he did.

So for awhile, he's wanted to be a mechanic but now he's interested in becoming an EMT (emergency medical technician (that's what David is not, the basic level) maybe going up to a paramedic to work in the medical field. I would much rather him do that anyway.

If he is truly interested by the time he turns 18, he can join the local EMS.

Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 4 HummerInfo about us 'oldies' here... - Page 4 MistiKeeperInfo about us 'oldies' here... - Page 4 Bookclub5Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 4 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Info about us 'oldies' here...   Info about us 'oldies' here... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Info about us 'oldies' here...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4