Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"

Go down 
+15
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Honeybee
amyk
Krissy
alexczarn
Robinsgirl
Prairie Dweller
Rhonda
charles ingalls
HarrisonCrosby4387
Vanesa
RoseRed
GrandDuchessOlga
JW
Carol
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 Happy010

"MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 12:23 pm

This is probably my favorite episode. It's hilarious.

Grace and Mr. Edwards hit it off so nicely as he nearly gets her with tobacco juice. "Well, really!" Mr. Edwards sniffs his clothes. :Hahaha:

Then Grace thinks he's drinking, so she takes a sip, and then Mr. Hanson thinks that she's drinking! "Oh, well it's always those shy, quiet ones."

I love the expressions of the stagecoach men when Mr. Edwards gives them the letter! Priceless!

The music in this episode is wonderful! It captures everything so well! I'm so thankful that my brother lets me use his Zen to make recordings of the music.

Mr. Edwards after he drops Grace off at her house. "The only things I lie about are poker hands and the size of the fish that got away." :haha: What a guy!

I wish that they would've had a bit more Grace/Edwards moments throughout the first season. I really like Grace. I too wish they wouldn't have done what they did with those two. :gross:

"MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 5:29 am

this was another nice episode .....i laughed when he got off the back of Charles wagon in Walnut Grove and looks for the saloon. Edwards and Charles for seem reason just gelled together on the screen ...the barn loft scene about Edwards past family always brings a tear
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329
Mood : "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Ok Just watched this for the first time! AWESOME! I like this episode bc it is one of the few that dont make me cry! ROTFL Anyways, I was so glad to see Mr. Edwards again! It was great. I was wondering how Laura got a hold of her Lemon Verbena; I knew she couldn't afford it herself! Anyways, I think my favorite part of the movie was all the dancing. Mr. Edwards is a great dancer! When he danced with Mrs. Ingalls and the Widow Snider I laughed so hard! It made me want to dance with him. Lucky Ladies!

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:12 pm

good esp..very funny.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:31 am

This is a very funny episode and I love it!

"Well are you going to mail that thing or just sit there looking dumb!"
Well it's always them quiet ones that drink."

and more!! Laughing

"MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 12:33 pm

i liked him.he made the show fun.Good episode

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 5:12 pm

I love Mr. Edwards, and I like the backstory (of what happened to his family) that he shares with Charles in the barn. I too hate it that they had him and Grace get divorced and that he left his second family.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 3:08 pm

I just re-watched this one tonight. I really think Victor French is a fine dramatic actor as well as being able to be funny. I feel like he does not over-do the drama but that the way he acts when he is serious is very believable. The highlights of his dramatic acting in this episode, to me, were: 1) when he talks to Charles about his family dying, 2) his reaction to Grace just after she has learned his beliefs about God, and 3) the way he sort of "speaks" OLD DAN TUCKER just after Caroline talks to him in the loft.

I'm so glad that Mr. Edwards stayed. And I love him and Grace together....although in a way I wish they had not married if they were only going to divorce later.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:44 pm

I like the scene, where Mr. Ewards is reading the mail, he sent for himself. Theirs no writing on the letter. Too funny.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:43 pm

Watched this today.still awesome esp

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Good episode

I remember reading a book about Laura by Donald Zochert......he mentioned in the book that the "Olsens" last name was really "Owens" ???
Has anyone else ever heard of this>

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 3:16 am

ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:

I remember reading a book about Laura by Donald Zochert......he mentioned in the book that the "Olsens" last name was really "Owens" ???
Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Yes I have. That's true. But Nellie was a combination Laura Ingalls Wilder made of 3 different girls.

"MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 8:51 pm

alexczarn wrote:
ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:

Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Yes I have. That's true. But Nellie was a combination Laura Ingalls Wilder made of 3 different girls.

Oh wow....that is something I did not know.....thnx

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:02 pm

wow.That's something i didn't know either.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:30 pm

I loved how Carrie said "Please stay" and Charles said to Mr. Edward's, "Talk yourself out of that" She was cute.
I loved the interaction between Grace and Mr. Edward's, she looked so flustered at times and it's always sweet to see that first blush of infatuation. They were an odd couple but in a nice way and I wish it worked out long-term on the show.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:39 pm

I love this episode. I'm happy that Mr.Edwards ended up staying. Mr.Edwards and Grace made a great couple.
Back to top Go down
sunnydayz5
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
sunnydayz5

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: I love it!   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 10:33 am

I re-watched this episode a few days ago (we have the entire series on disc grinsmiley and we are watching them in order, we are in season 6 right now) and I loved seeing Grace and Isaiah fall for each other again. The scenes when Grace would drink out of the big jug with Edwards were always so funny! They never got a cup or anything! The sermon was hilarious as well!

ML always did wonderfully and this is no exception. This episode is one of my favorites!
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Re-watch this episode. Grace & Isiah makes cute couple. Sad, the writers split them later on in the seasons.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
2023zhanl38
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
2023zhanl38

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 4:31 pm

I can't say too much about this episode. I would say that it was very funny when Grace went over and sniffed the "whiskey" and then Isaiah got her convinced that it was water. She tried some and then Lars Hanson had a face like "What the-?" 

Just imagine the chaos if Harriet Oleson had seen that ROTFL

ᘔ2023zhanl38♪ᘕ
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2021 2:45 pm

I just watched this one. I love it. I also had recently watched A PROMISE TO KEEP, where Mr. Edwards returned (again) to Walnut Grove but in the 8th season. I think it is actually kind of neat that they demonstrate throughout the series that he has some battles with alcohol and it often gets him into trouble. I also think that Victor French is such a great actor. I love that we learn more of his backstory and that there is so much more to him than just happy-go-lucky Mr. Edwards, with having had tragedy in his past. Perhaps that is why he does drink so much, to drown out some pain.

Carrie was also really cute trying to eat her stew the same way that Mr. Edwards was, sopping it up on some bread (or a biscuit or whatever that was).

One thing that bugged me, though.....why didn't they let Mr. Edwards stay in the sodhouse instead of having to sleep in the barn?

Last edited by amyk on Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2021 2:47 pm

RoseRed wrote:
lol

Yea, I hated how they split up because of Edwards drinking.

I wish they hadnt wrote that into the series :(

Me too. I would rather that they had either have Grace die or just let her be re-cast with a continuing actress portraying her than splitting them up.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2021 2:53 pm

Buttercup wrote:
I like the scene, where Mr. Ewards is reading the mail, he sent for himself. Theirs no writing on the letter. Too funny.
No writing because he can't read or write at this point, but of course Grace does not know that.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2021 2:55 pm

sunnydayz5 wrote:
I re-watched this episode a few days ago (we have the entire series on disc  grinsmiley and we are watching them in order, we are in season 6 right now) and I loved seeing Grace and Isaiah fall for each other again. The scenes when Grace would drink out of the big jug with Edwards were always so funny! They never got a cup or anything! The sermon was hilarious as well!

ML always did wonderfully and this is no exception. This episode is one of my favorites!
Revd. Alden seemed much more "fire and brimstone" in the first season, but that was likely the way that preaching would have been back then, don't you think? In any case, knowing now about Revd. Alden's own battles with booze, his sermon is actually more endearing and one could see how he really wanted to warn his parishioners against the negative effects of alcohol.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2021 4:06 pm

I was reading some other reviews about this episode on other websites, and it seems that some people really think Grace was wrong to reject Isaiah when she learned he did not believe in God. But I think that is better than her trying to force him to share her faith with her. This kind of reminds me of the situation with Percival and Nellie later.....if Grace and Isaiah were to have children, then this could be very important. And even if they didn't have children, sharing the faith of your spouse is very important to some people. So I don't think Grace did wrong, although maybe her terseness during that discussion was rather off-putting. I think it would have perhaps been a bit better if she explained to Isaiah why she was not willing to be involved with him romantically if he did not share her faith.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2