HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

"MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler

Number of posts : 853
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:23 pm

This is probably my favorite episode. It's hilarious.

Grace and Mr. Edwards hit it off so nicely as he nearly gets her with tobacco juice. "Well, really!" Mr. Edwards sniffs his clothes. :Hahaha:

Then Grace thinks he's drinking, so she takes a sip, and then Mr. Hanson thinks that she's drinking! "Oh, well it's always those shy, quiet ones."

I love the expressions of the stagecoach men when Mr. Edwards gives them the letter! Priceless!

The music in this episode is wonderful! It captures everything so well! I'm so thankful that my brother lets me use his Zen to make recordings of the music.

Mr. Edwards after he drops Grace off at her house. "The only things I lie about are poker hands and the size of the fish that got away." :haha: What a guy!

I wish that they would've had a bit more Grace/Edwards moments throughout the first season. I really like Grace. I too wish they wouldn't have done what they did with those two. :gross:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avonleavignettes.com

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:29 am

this was another nice episode .....i laughed when he got off the back of Charles wagon in Walnut Grove and looks for the saloon. Edwards and Charles for seem reason just gelled together on the screen ...the barn loft scene about Edwards past family always brings a tear
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Ok Just watched this for the first time! AWESOME! I like this episode bc it is one of the few that dont make me cry! ROTFL Anyways, I was so glad to see Mr. Edwards again! It was great. I was wondering how Laura got a hold of her Lemon Verbena; I knew she couldn't afford it herself! Anyways, I think my favorite part of the movie was all the dancing. Mr. Edwards is a great dancer! When he danced with Mrs. Ingalls and the Widow Snider I laughed so hard! It made me want to dance with him. Lucky Ladies!

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:12 pm

good esp..very funny.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 23099
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:31 am

This is a very funny episode and I love it!

"Well are you going to mail that thing or just sit there looking dumb!"
Well it's always them quiet ones that drink."

and more!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37837
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:33 pm

i liked him.he made the show fun.Good episode

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amyk
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:12 pm

I love Mr. Edwards, and I like the backstory (of what happened to his family) that he shares with Charles in the barn. I too hate it that they had him and Grace get divorced and that he left his second family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amyk
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:08 pm

I just re-watched this one tonight. I really think Victor French is a fine dramatic actor as well as being able to be funny. I feel like he does not over-do the drama but that the way he acts when he is serious is very believable. The highlights of his dramatic acting in this episode, to me, were: 1) when he talks to Charles about his family dying, 2) his reaction to Grace just after she has learned his beliefs about God, and 3) the way he sort of "speaks" OLD DAN TUCKER just after Caroline talks to him in the loft.

I'm so glad that Mr. Edwards stayed. And I love him and Grace together....although in a way I wish they had not married if they were only going to divorce later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 3349
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:44 pm

I like the scene, where Mr. Ewards is reading the mail, he sent for himself. Theirs no writing on the letter. Too funny.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:43 pm

Watched this today.still awesome esp

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 227
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Good episode

I remember reading a book about Laura by Donald Zochert......he mentioned in the book that the "Olsens" last name was really "Owens" ???
Has anyone else ever heard of this>

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 23099
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:16 am

ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:

I remember reading a book about Laura by Donald Zochert......he mentioned in the book that the "Olsens" last name was really "Owens" ???
Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Yes I have. That's true. But Nellie was a combination Laura Ingalls Wilder made of 3 different girls.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 227
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:51 pm

alexczarn wrote:
ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:

Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Yes I have. That's true. But Nellie was a combination Laura Ingalls Wilder made of 3 different girls.

Oh wow....that is something I did not know.....thnx

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:02 pm

wow.That's something i didn't know either.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1014

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:30 pm

I loved how Carrie said "Please stay" and Charles said to Mr. Edward's, "Talk yourself out of that" She was cute.
I loved the interaction between Grace and Mr. Edward's, she looked so flustered at times and it's always sweet to see that first blush of infatuation. They were an odd couple but in a nice way and I wish it worked out long-term on the show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner

Number of posts : 1234
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:39 pm

I love this episode. I'm happy that Mr.Edwards ended up staying. Mr.Edwards and Grace made a great couple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sunnydayz5
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 14
Mood :

PostSubject: I love it!   Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:33 am

I re-watched this episode a few days ago (we have the entire series on disc grinsmiley and we are watching them in order, we are in season 6 right now) and I loved seeing Grace and Isaiah fall for each other again. The scenes when Grace would drink out of the big jug with Edwards were always so funny! They never got a cup or anything! The sermon was hilarious as well!

ML always did wonderfully and this is no exception. This episode is one of my favorites!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 3349
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Re-watch this episode. Grace & Isiah makes cute couple. Sad, the writers split them later on in the seasons.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"   Today at 5:06 pm

Back to top Go down

"MR. EDWARD'S HOMECOMING"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2