Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s

Go down 
+3
LIWnut
ChristinaAL
LM
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s Party010

"Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s Empty
PostSubject: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 12:58 am

Hi.

I just posted a reply to alc's message about what happened to Carrie. The comment about her saying "I want sugar on mine", made me think of something I've been wanting to discuss with someone for ages.

Here we go -

I love the clip that TVLand has of Carrie trying to talk. They'd show a clip of here saying "Amen". amd another of her saying "I want sugar on mine."

The TVLand announcer says:
"Thank you Carrie Ingalls, for whatever it is you just said." ROTFL
To me, Amen sounds like - Aahmea, and I want sugar on mine sounds like - Iounsudaonmi. ROTFL

Remember the episode when the family was stranded in an abandoned cabin during a blizzard, and this man was searching for the Indian (Native American) that helped Charles? Well, while Carrie and her sisters are trying to get warm on the little makeshift bed, Carrie says... ?????. :think: I didn't know what the heck she was saying until about a week ago, due to the fact of my turning on the captioning on my TV. She said - "Papa, I'm thirsty and hungry." (or..hungry and thirsty?) Anyway, thank goodness for captioning. It's gotten me through many a Carrie mumble moment.
:haha:
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 10:59 am

She was such a cuite little girl..
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2757

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 4:16 pm

LOL LM, I didn't realize she said anything in that episode you referred to, but thanks for clearing it up :) I wish they spent more time with the girls developing their skills so their character could have been developed more as well.

"Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s ChristinaKeeper2 "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptyThu Feb 22, 2007 11:25 pm

Hi, Sweetheart. Yeah, Carrie got cuter as got older, too.

---

Hi, ChristinaAL. Glad I made you laugh. LOL! I'm also glad to have cleared that up for you.

I agree that they should have given Carrie (the twins) much more of a chance for skill development. It seems to me, that everyone in the Ingalls family had episodes that focused on just them. All but Carrie. Well, Grace didn't have much, but she was just a baby, even into the end of the series. If it'd lasted longer, I wonder if they'd have treated those twins the way they treated the Greenbush's. I hope not.

Have a good one!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 12:00 pm

The Greenbush twins had The Godsister. Even though most people don't like it, I really enjoy this episode. Carrie misses her Pa when he is away and dreams up a playmate. I think it was cool to see the twins playing opposite roles. They took turns playing Carrie and Alyssa. The only way I can tell one from the other is by their teeth.
Grace was too young to have any storylines revolve around her, except when she cried in the episode where the ladies of WG stayed at Nellie's.
Marilyn

"Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s MarilynKeeper "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
"Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptyFri Feb 23, 2007 2:49 pm

I didn't realize Carrie said any lines in "The Blizzard" either. I too had a hard time understand what Carrie said, but she was such a cute little girl (both twins). I've also noticed their teeth difference in order to tell them apart.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 1:25 am

I read where someone mentioned "The Godsister" earlier. I don't remember that episode. I've been watching the show on TVLand since it began there; watched on TBS before that, and I haven't seen that ep. Maybe it was a day when I forgot to set my VCR, like on Thursday.
banghead
Nope, don't think I've ever seen it. No

I'd really like to see it. I guess I can read about it where the episode summaries are.

Take care.

"Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 8:38 am

The Godsister is rarely seen because it's a 90-minute episode. Hallmark occasionally shows the 90-minute episodes on Saturday mornings or during marathons, but TV Land and Hallmark skip over them in the regular weekday sequence. There are also some two-part episodes that have a 60-minute part and a 90-minute part. Those get skipped in the weekday sequence also. That's too bad, because it does affect continuity.

"Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 1:53 pm

LM wrote:

Consider yourself lucky. LOL, I'm just kidding. It just really isn't an episode I enjoy. I think they could have done better with it for the first episode that really centered around Carrie. But I hope you do get to see it sometime :)

"Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s ChristinaKeeper2 "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptySat Feb 24, 2007 2:22 pm

batEyes lol

"Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s Horses10
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 1:15 am

ChristinaAL wrote:
LM wrote:

Consider yourself lucky. LOL, I'm just kidding. It just really isn't an episode I enjoy. I think they could have done better with it for the first episode that really centered around Carrie. But I hope you do get to see it sometime :)

:haha: Silly!

Thanks. I hope I get to see it too. Just so I can say I've seen them all, and to end my curiosity.

Yesterday, I saw where TVLand or Nick@Nite will start showing "To be continued..." episodes as full runs on Fridays this month. If it's TVLand, maybe they'll show "The Godsister". Ya know, I have no idea why, but that title sounds creepy...like a horror movie. Hmm. Huh?
Is the episode really that bad?! :haha:

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 8:27 am

Yep, it's really that bad. The whole premise of it was silly. If they wanted to give the Greenbush twins an episode that centered around them, they could certainly have done a better job than what was written.

Think of how involved most of the storylines are. This one just too simple. And for them to think they would get ninety minutes out of a plot based upon Carrie's imagination is ridiculous. TV is a visual media, unlike books where you can describe what is going on in people's heads and make it clear. They say this is why so many of Stephen King's books don't do well on film--because it is his descriptions that make the story.

I believe if they choose a different storyline for Carrie it would have been much better. Now, let's think, what kind of storyline could they have given the Greenbush twins to really focus on Carrie?

I don't have any good ideas right now, but I will give it some thought.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 4:44 pm

LM wrote:
ChristinaAL wrote:
LM wrote:

:haha: Silly!

Thanks. I hope I get to see it too. Just so I can say I've seen them all, and to end my curiosity.

Yesterday, I saw where TVLand or Nick@Nite will start showing "To be continued..." episodes as full runs on Fridays this month. If it's TVLand, maybe they'll show "The Godsister". Ya know, I have no idea why, but that title sounds creepy...like a horror movie. Hmm. Huh?
Is the episode really that bad?! :haha:

As Cheryl said, yes, it really is! LOL. But you will enjoy seeing it to complete your LH episode viewing :)

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptyThu Mar 01, 2007 10:01 pm

Hi, bethandmanly/Cheryl and ChristinaAL.

Thanks for the feedback. It makes me a little more curious, just becuase you both say it's so bad too. LOL!

I can't think of any particular storyline just for Carrie to feature both girls either. Maybe someone could make up a "script" and post it on the fourm. Are there any fanfics that feature Carrie?

Take care.

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptyFri Mar 02, 2007 1:40 am

I just wrote one grinsmiley LOL, I wrote a Valentine's Day fan fic called "A Valentine Surprise". It's posted in the Fan Fic section of this forum. It features Carrie b/c I felt they never really developed the character. It's not the greatest, but it was fun to write. Wave

Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s EmptySat Mar 03, 2007 12:11 am

Hi, ChristinaAL. Wave

Thanks for the info. I'll read it, hopefully this weekend, and get a comment to you.

Take care.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s   "Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s Empty

Back to top Go down

"Thank you Carrie Ingalls for whatever it is you just s
Page 1 of 1