HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7227
Mood :

PostSubject: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:28 pm

Thanks to our very own Prairie Dweller, a review of Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls by Heather Williams appears at my Laura's Little Houses blog. You'll find it here: http://lauralittlehouseontheprairie.blogspot.com/2008/07/nellie-oleson-meets-laura-ingalls-by.html

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:48 pm

This book sounds very interesting. :think: Great review too!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:12 pm

I'm trying to figure out if they used inspiration from the show for this one or mostly the books.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady

Number of posts : 2749

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:38 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I'm trying to figure out if they used inspiration from the show for this one or mostly the books.

Me too. I think I may get it myself to read. Thanks for the link, Cheryl! Love your blog.

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:17 pm

Thanks Christina. I'm having fun with it.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:16 am

Quote :

I haven't read the books, except for the parts my third grade teacher read to the class, but my thoughts while reading the review were that it sounded like Country Girls and Town Party, Country Party with a few new scenes thrown in.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler

Number of posts : 853
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:08 pm

That's a good question... I would think that there would have to be at least some inspiration from the show. The mentions Mrs. Oleson sniffing at people she disliked the looks of, and I believe she sniffed disapproval in the show. Though that could be stretching things a bit! ~laughs~

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avonleavignettes.com
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3542
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:55 am

that looks good.

I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, Iĺll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls   Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:48 pm

I ordered this book from Amazon. Has anyone read it? If so, can you tell me about it? grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Number of posts : 9006
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:18 pm

I Think Prairie Dweller has and i think she did a Review about the Book for Cherly's Blog

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:46 pm

JW wrote:
I Think Prairie Dweller has and i think she did a Review about the Book for Cherly's Blog

Thanks, Jacob. Wave Do you know where the review is? I must have over looked it. :shy:
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:52 pm

Sure Thing Susie Here is the Link to Cherly's Blog with the Review of the Book I think was done by Prairie Dweller
http://lauralittlehouseontheprairie.blogspot.com/search/label/Nellie%20Oleson%20Meets%20Laura%20Ingalls

And Here's the Link to the Post
http://lhotp.editboard.com/the-little-house-book-club-f5/mary-ingalls-on-her-own-t2522.htm

Leukemia Awareness

Last edited by JW on Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:52 pm

Susie wrote:
JW wrote:

Thanks, Jacob. Wave Do you know where the review is? I must have over looked it. :shy:

Here it is, Susie:

Nellie Meets Laura Review
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:53 pm

:Hahaha:

Sorry, Jacob! Well, at least you know where to go, Susie!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:55 pm

I Beat ya by a Second Savannah but i still don't know how to do it that you can just Click on the Words

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:56 pm

I'll PM you the directions, Jacob. It's really easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:57 pm

Ok Thanks Savannah

Leukemia Awareness
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:25 pm

Thank you for the links guys. Thumbsup Prairie Dweller done a awesome review. I can't wait till it comes. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:13 pm

Hey Susie,

Are you going to stand for Savannah telling you where to go in public? ROTFL

Savannah wrote:

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:14 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Hey Susie,

Are you going to stand for Savannah telling you where to go in public? ROTFL

Savannah wrote:

Cheryl!! I get myself into enough trouble without any help from you, thank you! :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review   Today at 3:05 am

Back to top Go down

Nellie Oleson Meets Laura Ingalls book review
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1