Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Home Again

Go down 
+21
LHOTPfan2000
Praire Girl
jessicamarie
MissOleson
julmer70
littlehouselover
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
prairiedances
Amy
Vanesa
Samantha
Davetucson
bethandmanly
amyk
Krissy
Brian
Carol
Joe
david
Kristina
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 Bokmal10

ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:51 pm

I think people need to understand why Michael Landon wrote the kind of episodes he did. He nearly lost a daughter that was attending The University of Arizona right here in Tucson. There were numerous people killed in the accident. Michael flew here from Utah and the doctors told him there was no hope. He prayed for days and she eventually survived. He said in an interview that he made a lot of promises while praying for her and that he was going to keep them. It is thought that there were drugs involved in the accident. Michael kept his promises through some wonderful writing. Of course he was criticized by the critics and the studios - but thru it all he wrote some wonderful, heart rendering episodes with a message. Corny or not, he did the best he could to bring a little decency to television.
Only an old man's opinion, but I think we were a lot better off then than we are now when it comes to writing and program content on television today.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Davetucson wrote:
I think people need to understand why Michael Landon wrote the kind of episodes he did. He nearly lost a daughter that was attending The University of Arizona right here in Tucson. There were numerous people killed in the accident. Michael flew here from Utah and the doctors told him there was no hope. He prayed for days and she eventually survived. He said in an interview that he made a lot of promises while praying for her and that he was going to keep them. It is thought that there were drugs involved in the accident. Michael kept his promises through some wonderful writing. Of course he was criticized by the critics and the studios - but thru it all he wrote some wonderful, heart rendering episodes with a message. Corny or not, he did the best he could to bring a little decency to television.
Only an old man's opinion, but I think we were a lot better off then than we are now when it comes to writing and program content on television today.

I share your opinion. I've also read that Michael's daughter was involved in drugs and she promised him she'll not take them any more. She later wrote: "I promised my dad".

Vanesa.

ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 9:35 pm

I had no idea.I think it's good he made this episodes.Hope some people learned from this.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:10 pm

I never liked the Albert episodes......he always sounded liked his nose was stuffed up when he talked

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:26 pm

I skip the parts where Albert is going through with withdrawl. It's sad that he got hooked on morphine. He's very lucky he didn't die. It breaks my heart that Albert begs Charles to get him morphine after Albert ran off after saying he couldn't breath and Charles told him no and Albert said he will die if he doesn't have any and Charles told him he will die if he keeps taking it. Michael and Matthew did outstanding acting in the two part episode.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:22 pm

It's a hard one to watch

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: ALBERT   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 9:31 pm

ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:
I never liked the Albert episodes......he always sounded liked his nose was stuffed up when he talked

Too bad, you missed one of the BEST actors ever to be on that show
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:58 am

I thought this was a good episode, not because of the withdrawal scenes which seems to stay in people's minds, but the more subtle messages and feelings. I've known, although not too close, kids that got on drugs and known adults that had addictions.
You have to balance help and tough love by removing yourself from the situation. Charles was honest about just not wanting him around because it becomes your whole life, worrying, the stress, anger, etc. When Albert lies, like so many do, it's very honest in his sorrow but also the urge overpowering that...Charles wanting to believe the first time he was "cured", the Doc knowing better...all those things make the show good, not the drama of the withdrawal (although true) but the emotional aspects also.

I also loved Soldier's Return but addiction hurt them also and still does. As quoted in this article:
During the Civil War the numbers of people exposed to morphine in the course of being treated for their war-related injuries sky-rocketed. Tens of thousands of Northern and Confederate soldiers became morphine addicts.
I think that show was well done also.
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 1:09 pm

First of all, Dave...I am so sorry about your son.

Second of all, I must say...Matt Lab's acting is truly amazing, and he always leaves me breathless with his performances. That is especially the case in part 2 of this episode! I heard he actually went to drug rehabs to do research before filming this. That, right there, says so much about him! He did such an incredible job in this, that I am VERY, VERY, SURPRISED he wasn't at least nominated for an Emmy for this. I've seen actors win Emmys...and Oscars...for a lot less than this. He blows me away, and this performance is proof of how remarkable he is!
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 6:56 pm

Davetucson wrote:
I could be wrong, but I thought I had read somewhere they thought alcohol was also a factor, but I'm not sure. I know his daughter was the only survivor. She got hooked on pain pills during her recovery. He did do his best to write episodes that made a difference in people's lives. He was a gifted actor, writer, producer and director.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: deleted scene   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:54 am

Here's another scene we Americans got cut out of from "Home Again". A long conversation after Albert and Charles leaves laura's house after dinner. Albert is high as a kite and talking his head off. Its at 28.52. After he stole Doc Bakers morphine out of his bag at Laura's.
Thanks Julie for pointing it out....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rHRhHTFGMEc#t=1671s

Last edited by Davetucson on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:34 am

Is this scene cut from American DVD's release? How strange...It's a good scene. I have it, recorded from TV., and sure I like it a great deal.

Vanesa. Smile

ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:38 am

The extended scene of Albert talking to Charles in the hotel room after dinner at Laura's is cut down to almost nothing in the American DVD's and on TV.
Burns Me Up Vanesa!

Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:03 am

Davetucson wrote:
The extended scene of Albert talking to Charles in the hotel room after dinner at Laura's is cut down to almost nothing in the American DVD's and on TV.
Burns Me Up Vanesa!
Me, too. I wish they wouldn't cut scenes on DVDS and TV.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Has anyone asked why and gotten an answer? I've never heard of that before, most DVD's boast extra scenes that they couldn't put in the show, not less. If they were in the original show, were they just cut out of the DVD's? Weird.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 5:59 pm

There are overseas versions and American versions of DVD's. Don't have a clue as to why.

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 5:36 pm

Davetucson wrote:

Too bad, you missed one of the BEST actors ever to be on that show
I couldn't agree with you more. I have always felt what an underrated actor he was. This episode shows the range of his acting, I think. He is nowhere near the "good" boy that we were used to. And he was able to bring out a troubled man in this one. I really loved his performance here.

I've never really understood why there are so many people out there that don't like him. I understand if they have issues because of his character being created just for the show. That has to be their reason for not caring for his character. As far as his acting, though, I don't see how anyone finds a reason to complain about him.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:46 pm

I agree, he sounded like he constantly had a cold. I think it was kinda cute when he was little but i guess I didn't notice it when he was older. but who cares, anyway? He was a great actor, and so what if he had allergies? lots of people do.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 6:54 am

I watched this again and loved seeing Albert back in Walnut Grove. You could see how he changed vs Willie who still wanted clubhouses. : )
I never bought the "We had to move to the "bad" city, as some others might have, and if they had to move, why not another bigger town, maybe work for a larger mill or do something else, Charles was a jack of all trades. Selling men's hats with yet another horrible boss. And he mentioned Caroline "had a job", so she didn't get to be the Mom and wife at home, James was still in that awful environment and the girls, but I suppose you weren't supposed to think about that, just concentrate on Albert.
I did like their relationship and Albert did a good job with portraying a drug addict. I felt they overdid the vomiting, but at the time, that was "big TV" I"m sure. We have gotten desensitized by shows like ER over the years.
I wish Albert could have lived after all this.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Its very interesting on the Europeon version of the DVD's of "Home Again". The scene in the Hotel right after he took morphine at Laura's is extended. The scene where he tossed his cookies is deleted. All you see is his convulsions.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 5:51 pm

I would loved to have heard it in English...too bad they do that, the director might not mind some, but I bet many affected the way you watch the show. Maybe a scene would have made more sense or been better with the scenes uncut.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 8:21 pm

I watched both parts today.
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:28 am

That's funny, Shell! I was going to watch it yesterday as well. However, I ended up watching a very, very bad movie (IMO). I should've watched 'Home Again' instead! banghead
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:53 pm

I just tried to watch that missing scene. You tube deleted it due to copy right infrigement.
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:33 am

I don't like this one and I think that its gross when Albert throws up. As Laura would say.
YUCK!

ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Again
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next