Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Home Again

Go down 
+21
LHOTPfan2000
Praire Girl
jessicamarie
MissOleson
julmer70
littlehouselover
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
prairiedances
Amy
Vanesa
Samantha
Davetucson
bethandmanly
amyk
Krissy
Brian
Carol
Joe
david
Kristina
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 Bokmal10

ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:48 am

Relax.....a little milk tossed about isn't so bad........

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:00 am

Huh?

ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Vanherva
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 11:06 am

When I have seen this episode, I was terrifing because Albert is very bad when he is with Charles in Edward's house.

The scene when he vomiting seems to be real. Milk ? because in the scene, Michael Landon to put pressure on the Matthew Laborteaux's neck. It's as if Charles doing vomiting Matthew. And Matthew have a heavy breathing after.

At the beginnig of the scene perhaps it is the milk, because the scene is cut... but, at the opening of the scene Michael Landon seems to put pressure to the neck with the intention of doing vomiting matthew.

That is my feeling... Smile

My english is ok for you ? :/
Back to top Go down
http://petitefeuille.e-monsite.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 12:00 pm

Your English is fine. yes

This really is one of the scariest episodes, right up there with the fire in "May We Make Them Proud."
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 2:16 pm

Vanherva, Rob just never wanted to admit it, but this scene has always been the closest to his heart.....
ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 Home_a26

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 9:33 pm

OhMy OhMy Yikes Yikes Yikes thud thud affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Vanherva
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 2:32 pm

I want this episode in english but in the dvd box in France, I have french language only bawling . Not original version and no subtitles. The editor have doing a bad work !

I have a question... It is possible to give me this episode in english please ? a person will be ok ?

I am deseperate girl ! No

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Your best bet is to go to Vudu and buy the episode..........I think its like two dollars........American DVDS will not play in France............

Back to top Go down
Vanherva
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 6:48 am

I can't watch american dvd in France because they are "zone 1" but in France they are "in zone2".
Back to top Go down
Vanherva
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Davetuscon > Ok thank you, I dont' know Vudu !! :D

Oh no, I don't have Paypal and I don't want him, and I can't pay bye card, beacuse this service is "For the US only" banghead
Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 7:13 am

I watched this today on You Tube. The channel showing LH is actually skipping this two-parter altogether, not showing it but going on with the few remaining episodes in season 9. I can only assume that because it broadcasts LH episodes at 6am and repeats them all day on Saturday that there may be younger children watching so they took that decision.

A very strong episode, I thought. Just having Charles and Albert back makes all the difference, but the subject matter and acting really rise above the many so-so episodes of this season.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 3:11 pm

I've read morphine addiction was pretty prevalent back then, even the soldier episode was very moving. The drugs were just as strong, but knowing the addictive qualities about them, less so.
Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 8:34 am

Yes, and I think morphine was relatively easy to get hold of compared with today.

Definitely the best of season 9 by a long way - it's almost like a separate film to me, probably because Charles and Albert are back in Walnut Grove along with the other characters.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 11:22 pm

It's been long time, since I seen this episode. I just finish it tonight. This is okay episode. At least, I got to see Albert Ingalls.

Isn't there an episode, where someone was hallucinating about bats? Or am I thinking of different show?

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 11:02 pm

I think this is a pretty famous and perhaps even popular episode, and I do think that Matthew Laboryteaux (whose last name I'm not sure how to spell) does some great acting, but I really don't like this episode. I hate to see Charles working for that man at the clothing store. And I hate that we don't see the rest of the family. And I hate that Albert turned to the morphine and stealing.

Does Isaiah own the mill? Convenient that Charles can just go back to working at the mill.....Charles' talk with Isaiah about how he sort of wished Albert would just go away was pretty strange.....he never seemed one to give up like that. Plus, if he really felt that way, why did he plead so much with the man that Albert had stolen from to not press charges?

Also, I don't think Charles would be so naive to just think Albert only used morphine a couple of times and yet was stealing for it.

Dr. Baker is really a VIP in this episode, to figure out what was going on and to know that it wasn't so simple as Albert just promising he won't take the morphine again.

Watching Albert vomit is just too much for me....I suppose that Michael Landon wanted to show how terrible it is to use drugs and to then try to get off of them, but it is just too much for me and makes me gag. I think that Charles should have had someone there to help him, like Dr. Baker who would understand more of what is going on or even Isaiah. I just think it would be better for him to not try to do everything himself.

This episode also reminds me of CHILD OF PAIN, when Charles helped that man overcome alcohol addiction.

It also drives me crazy when everyone keeps calling Albert "the boy"!

One of the students at school looks like they didn't even try to make her look like someone from the later 1800s.....her hairstyle is just like about 1982 or whenever this episode was made! I also don't really know why we had the subplot of Jason wanting glasses.

Well, I really think this episode is primarily Michael Landon's "Just Say No" message to kids in the early 1980s. Not that there is anything necessarily wrong with that. But I hate that we don't really get to see Albert and Charles interacting more in happy ways with the people of Walnut Grove. I would have rather seen Laura and Albert interacting.

I also would be really concerned for Albert going back to his previous environment so soon after overcoming this morphine addiction. And I hate to think of the whole Ingalls family living there in apparent misery as Charles has to kow-tow to some horrible boss in a job that he obviously hates. I guess he would be fired anyway from that job, though, so maybe he can go get a better job.

Also, I think it is a bit strange that "the city" is always such a terrible place in LITTLE HOUSE.....does anything good ever happen in "the city" in this series?

And of course we have this major inconsistency with Laura's voiceover at the end of the episode.....all about Albert coming back years to Walnut Grove as Dr. Ingalls!

Last edited by amyk on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 11:19 pm

Buttercup wrote:
It's been long time, since I seen this episode. I just finish it tonight. This is okay episode. At least, I got to see Albert Ingalls.

Isn't there an episode, where someone was hallucinating about bats? Or am I thinking of different show?
The bat hallucinations are in CHILD OF PAIN, when the dad is undergoing withdrawal from alcohol addiction. Charles is helping him through that....maybe Charles should have become some kind of addiction counselor / withdrawal coach when he moved to the city....he apparently is really good at it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Again   ingalls - Home Again - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Again
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3