Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You

Go down 
+17
julmer70
Kamberley
littlehouselover
Shell
Pepsi
Gin
Davetucson
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Lori
Ruth
Vanesa
easyt72000
Krissy
Honeybee
bethandmanly
jes9
Kristina
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You Bokmal10

Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You Empty
PostSubject: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 7:48 am

In this episode, Laura assigns penpals to the class. Albert corresponds with a girl and lies about himself to impress this girl. the girl does the same thing. I'm sorry but I don't remember the girls' name! when Albert manages to go to the city and goes to meet his penpal at her house, the girl refuses to see Albert because she doesn't want him to know she was lying about everything she told him and that she is really in a wheelchair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 11:35 am

I sort of didn't like this one because even though both Albert and his penpal lied to impress each other, I think Albert's penpal lied more because she couldn't trust Albert enough to tell him that she was in a wheelchair
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 9:19 am

I think the girl's name was Leslie, but I'm not sure. The first name that popped into my head was Penelope, but that was the girl that Albert liked at first but she liked Andy instead, and then Albert dropped the greased pig on her at the fair. Getting back to "Dearest Albert...", I believe there's a serious anachronism here, because I don't believe basketball had been invented at that time. If it had, I doubt it had spread to Minnesota yet.

Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 2:48 pm

Basketball began in 1891 in Springfield, MA. The Hall of Fame is only about 15 minutes from our house. So, you're right, no basketball yet because it was supposedly 1889 at the start of Season 9 when the Ingalls family left town (I'm trying to remember the date from Laura's narrative in "Times Are Changing" and I think that's the year).

Leslie Barton is the girl's name and I can't say that I really liked this episode either. This is just one of several episodes that focuses on Albert's inability to find love. While it's probably realistic of this day and age, I don't know that I feel it was time period appropriate for Albert to fall in love with so many girls and have it not result in marriage. And even if it were appropriate for that time period, I don't think I would have missed anything if they never showed this episode. If Carrie's famous line is, "I have to go to the outhouse," then Albert's should be "But Pa, I love her."

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 1:51 pm

I don't really like this esp myself..Find it a bit boring to watch again afther u seen it a few times..But it gives us a good lesson not to lie.always be honest.
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:19 am

Not crazy about this episode. I don't know, why Leslie just tell Albert about her accident in the first place? When she wrote to him. Make more sense. Didn't the actress played on a different show or episode?

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:38 pm

When you think about it. kids still do the lying.Expect this time kids do it online like to make them look good. So i guess my point it.Some things never change.

I don't think what either of them did was right. That's not a good why to start a friendship.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
easyt72000
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
easyt72000

Number of posts : 126
Mood : Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You Party010

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:43 am

I thought this was a depressing episode. How could Albert fall in love with someone-he's never met?
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 6:06 pm

easyt72000 wrote:
I thought this was a depressing episode. How could Albert fall in love with someone-he's never met?

Well, nowadays it's pretty common. Some people fells in love ...BY INTERNET! I don't understand it, but it happens. Sometimes they met and it works, sometimes not... scratchead

Vanesa.

Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Not the best LHOTP episode...

Leaves Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:25 pm

easyt72000 wrote:

I always felt that way too. It's like they wanted to create an epsiode only for Matt--which is fine--but at least make it a good one.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 12:20 am

bethandmanly wrote:
easyt72000 wrote:

I always felt that way too. It's like they wanted to create an epsiode only for Matt--which is fine--but at least make it a good one.

But this is pretty common, believes it or not...Some people idolizes a pen pal much before he/she could meet him/her.

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:41 am

Not one I like to watch.

Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 3:54 pm

I skiped this episode.today on my dvd, I agree ppl today fall in love with girls/boys. online. I don't get it either,

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:47 pm

I didn't particularly care for this one......I didn't like the shows centered around Albert

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:19 pm

I don't mind them being around albert.Just this esp sucked,

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Albert   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:23 am

ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:
I didn't particularly care for this one......I didn't like the shows centered around Albert

I get a kick out of the purest's that didn't like Albert.
The show would have been cancelled several years earlier
if Albert wasn't around.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:27 am

HIGH FIVE Dave. I agree. That kid knew how to act and he touched our hearts.
BTW....I will email you. Got one drawing done and got some ideas for another of Albert. I haven't forgotten you.

Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Albert   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:33 am

Gin wrote:
HIGH FIVE Dave. I agree. That kid knew how to act and he touched our hearts.
BTW....I will email you. Got one drawing done and got some ideas for another of Albert. I haven't forgotten you.

Thanks Gin! I am looking forward to seeing the drawings. I normally don't react to posts like
that, but I don't understand people who fail to realize what Matt contributed to that show.
Great to hear from you!
Dave
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Davetucson wrote:
ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:

I get a kick out of the purest's that didn't like Albert.
The show would have been cancelled several years earlier
if Albert wasn't around.

They definitely needed an older kid in the Ingalls family to keep viewers interested, especially since they decided not to develop Carrie at all. I think they overdid his trials in the love department, but he was a great character.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:45 pm

I don't think that Albert character was "needed" to keep the show around and that the show will be closed if he wasn't included. But I DO LIKE his character. And Matthew Labortheaux is a TERRIFIC actor. I like him as an actor and his character in LHOTP was beatifully choosen. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: ALBERT   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:47 am

Vanesa wrote:
I don't think that Albert character was "needed" to keep the show around and that the show will be closed if he wasn't included. But I DO LIKE his character. And Matthew Labortheaux is a TERRIFIC actor. I like him as an actor and his character in LHOTP was beatifully choosen. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

WELL SAID VANESA!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:50 am

Vanesa wrote:

Vanesa.

I don't think the show would have been cancelled just because Albert didn't exist, but with Mary off in Winoka or Sleepy Eye (and married), Laura needed to have a sibling to create some of the rivalry that Albert brought, and the closeness that they shared. The decision not to make Carrie a bigger part of the show, meant the writers would have had greater challenges in coming up with storylines for the Ingalls family.

It's not any different than bringing in the Carters with their two boys to create some of the same dynamics once Laura was married, yet her child was too young to create many parenting problems.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:07 pm

I do wish Carrie had been developed more. Although Albert, was great especially along side his real life brother Patrick (who played Andrew).

Can you imagine what all could have been written about Rose? As I've read she was a little spit fire as a child. That might have made Nancy look good.

Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:17 pm

I may irritate some folks when I say this, but keep in mind, it is only an opinion. If Michael would have decided to really develop Carrie, I think they would have had to replace Lindsey and Sidney. Not the greatest actors in the world. I simply do not think they could have pulled it off. As sweet as they both were, I just don't think they were cut out for any heavy roles.
Rose must have been something Gin if she could make Nancy look good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You   Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You Empty

Back to top Go down

Dearest Albert, I'll Miss You
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next