Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Washington DC!!!!

Go down 
+4
carolineingalls
Savannah
JW
Kristina
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : Washington DC!!!! Bokmal10

Washington DC!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Washington DC!!!!   Washington DC!!!! EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 9:05 pm

In a month my family is traveling to Washington DC for vacation! I'm so excited! has anyone else been here before? any reccomendations for restaurants, museums?
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Washington DC!!!! Happy011

Washington DC!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washington DC!!!!   Washington DC!!!! EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 9:06 pm

Never been there but have LOTS of Fun and take lots of Pics

Washington DC!!!! Jacobk10Washington DC!!!! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : Washington DC!!!! Bokmal10

Washington DC!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washington DC!!!!   Washington DC!!!! EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 9:07 pm

I love photography, so I guarantee I'll take tons of pictures!!!
Back to top Go down

Washington DC!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washington DC!!!!   Washington DC!!!! EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 10:02 pm

Have fun! Washington DC!!!! Green
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Washington DC!!!! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Washington DC!!!! Happy010

Washington DC!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washington DC!!!!   Washington DC!!!! EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 10:13 pm

Oh, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! There are so many things to visit and see! I haven't been there since the WWII monument was completed. I'd love to go back and see that!
Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Washington DC!!!! Pbucket

Washington DC!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washington DC!!!!   Washington DC!!!! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:45 pm

I was there a lot of years ago with my husband. We took a bus tour which was very informative and took us to all the sights. It's the best way to go if you don't want to miss anything. Have a great time.

Washington DC!!!! MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

Washington DC!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washington DC!!!!   Washington DC!!!! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 7:51 pm

i have never been there. my friend has and she said that it was fun. I hope that you have a good time!

Washington DC!!!! Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Washington DC!!!! Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : Washington DC!!!! Goodsi10

Washington DC!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washington DC!!!!   Washington DC!!!! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 11:12 am

I've never been to D.C., but I've been near there. My Grandad hates driving through there with a purple passion. He hates being in crowds....I think I take after him. grinsmiley
I would like to go, though, for a visit.

Have fun!!

Washington DC!!!! FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

Washington DC!!!! Little
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

Washington DC!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washington DC!!!!   Washington DC!!!! EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 2:13 am

I've been there a few times. I recommend the Natural History museum and the Smithsonian. Those are my favorite.

The White House is amazing to see, the Washington Monument, the Capitol Building, the Lincoln Memorial,
and you really should go to the National Zoo. If you visit the elephants and see the show they put on outside at
certain times of the day, get ready for an elephant trunk shower if you're close enough, lol.

The thing that really drove me crazy is the one way streets. You get somewhere but can't get back the same
way you went. Some people say the way it's laid out it's very easy to get around, but I don't know the secret to that.

I think there are more Oriental tourists there than anything, they really seem to enjoy it.

The Metro is usually crowded, but a great way to get around. It stops at some convenient places,
but you still sometimes have to walk a ways to your destination from the Metro station.

Have a great time and I can't wait to see the pictures from your trip!

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.

Last edited by BigAlice on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some additional info.)
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Washington DC!!!! Love-s10

Washington DC!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washington DC!!!!   Washington DC!!!! EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 11:52 pm

I went there several years back for my son's 8th grade field trip. It was just incredibly, especially for me, someone who really hasn't travelled much outside my own state! I really loved sitting in Ford Theater, and the changing of the gaurd I would say was one of the most memorable things for me. Also the Halocaust museum....it's unbelievable---so moving, and I wished that I wasn't on a field trip at the time because you're on a timetable and I wish I'd had even more time there. I can't wait to go back to D.C. with my family one day...it is an amazing adventure and I know you'll have a wonderful time!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Washington DC!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washington DC!!!!   Washington DC!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Washington DC!!!!
Page 1 of 1