Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hey Amy!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Hey Amy! Goodsi10

Hey Amy! Empty
PostSubject: Hey Amy!   Hey Amy! EmptySat Aug 02, 2008 9:21 pm

If you'd stayed in Traverse City just a while longer, you could have seen one of Michigan's more famous daughters.

Hey Amy! 08_05_23_01_l

Filmmaker Michael Moore (Bowling for Columbine, Fahrenheit 9/11) lives in Traverse part time, and he sponsors a film festival there every year. That's him in the pic. Madonna will be there tonight to present a documentary.
Cheer
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Hey Amy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Amy!   Hey Amy! EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 8:21 am

Well, Madonna arrived safe and sound. Here's a local news story about the event. It shows her greeting Michael Moore at the theater. You can see her daughter Lourdes walking into the theater just ahead of her mom.

Back to top Go down

Hey Amy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Amy!   Hey Amy! EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 10:18 am

That's awesome Rob. I would love to meet her some day. grinsmiley Thanks for posting the video clip. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Hey Amy! Xmassm4

Hey Amy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Amy!   Hey Amy! EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 8:18 pm

Rob wrote:
If you'd stayed in Traverse City just a while longer, you could have seen one of Michigan's more famous daughters.

Hey Amy! 08_05_23_01_l

Filmmaker Michael Moore (Bowling for Columbine, Fahrenheit 9/11) lives in Traverse part time, and he sponsors a film festival there every year. That's him in the pic. Madonna will be there tonight to present a documentary.
Cheer

Oh, I LOVE Michael Moore! I think I have seen all of his documentaries. I especially loved Farenheit 9/11 and Sicko.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, just had to say that. batEyes
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Hey Amy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Amy!   Hey Amy! EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm

Here's another clip of Madonna's arrival. (Sorry to keep posting these, but this is a big deal for us!)

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Hey Amy! Love-s10

Hey Amy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Amy!   Hey Amy! EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 4:22 pm

Rob, this is SO cool!! Thanks for posting!! YES, it's a HUGE deal!! I am so upset that I missed her---I would have been one of those crazy people hanging around to see her, for sure! I actually really like her...I like her old music better than her new, but I think she's an interesting person. Yesterday was my mom's birthday, and she and my dad are camping in Cheboygan right now (Aloha State Park, where we went last year), and she mentioned this about Madonna. I'm a little shocked I never saw any signs advertising this while we were up there! :think:

Oh, and you probably already know this Rob, but Madonna's dad and stepmom live in Leelenau. I can't remember if Madonna is from there or not. But I have to guess this was part of the reason she was in T.C., for a family visit!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Hey Amy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Amy!   Hey Amy! EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 5:21 pm

Happy belated birthday to your mom!

Amy wrote:
Oh, and you probably already know this Rob, but Madonna's dad and stepmom live in Leelenau. I can't remember if Madonna is from there or not. But I have to guess this was part of the reason she was in T.C., for a family visit!

Yes, they own a winery/vineyard (http://www.cicconevineyards.com/). It's either in Sutton's Bay, or out on Old Mission Peninsula, where there are quite a few other vineyards. It's beautiful out there.

I'm pretty sure Madonna was born in Bay City, and she grew up downstate... maybe in Rochester?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Hey Amy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Amy!   Hey Amy! EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 5:22 pm

I just checked their website. The Ciccone winery is in Sutton's Bay.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Hey Amy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Amy!   Hey Amy! EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 8:11 am

I've always wanted to check out some of the vineyards up there, do the wine-tasting thing. Theirs would be cool to do! Sadly, the boys are always with us, probably not a good thing. grinsmiley Someday! Old Mission peninsula is an amazing place to see---my brother-in-law proposed to my sister there near the lighthouse. Beautiful drive up there too!

Here's a link of Old Mission for those who might be interested. It sits on the 45th parallel!
http://www.oldmission.com/#

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Hey Amy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Amy!   Hey Amy! EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 10:47 am

Thanks for that link, Amy. It's a beautiful drive out to the tip of Old Mission. Especially in the fall.

Amy wrote:
It sits on the 45th parallel!

"Halfway between the North Pole and the Equator." My sister and I used to take notice of that sign whenever we drove up to Gaylord. We thought it made us special. Whistle
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Hey Amy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Amy!   Hey Amy! EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 10:57 am

Rob wrote:
Thanks for that link, Amy. It's a beautiful drive out to the tip of Old Mission. Especially in the fall.

Amy wrote:
It sits on the 45th parallel!

"Halfway between the North Pole and the Equator." My sister and I used to take notice of that sign whenever we drove up to Gaylord. We thought it made us special. Whistle

Oh, I'd love to do the trip in the fall! Maybe the hubby & I need to do that all on our own---sounds very romantic!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Hey Amy! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Hey Amy! Happy010

Hey Amy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Amy!   Hey Amy! EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 12:33 pm

Madonna's visit had to have caused a huge stir there! Michigan isn't known for its visiting celebrities. Laughing

I've been up to near Old Mission, but have never had the chance to actually drive out there.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Hey Amy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Amy!   Hey Amy! EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 10:40 am

LOL Savannah, no it is not! Wink

The last time I was at Old Mission, the kids were very young (actually I don't think Nick was even born yet!), and the water was extremely shallow and very rocky. So, because it didn't seem very 'kid friendly', we never went back. I don't know if it's still like that though. I would love to visit it, just Bill & I.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey Amy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey Amy!   Hey Amy! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Amy!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: AARON'S CORNER :: Introductions, Departures & Returns-
Jump to: