Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Football vs. Soccer

Go down 
+3
Amy
Rob
Carol
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Football vs. Soccer Happy010

Football vs. Soccer Empty
PostSubject: Football vs. Soccer   Football vs. Soccer EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:47 pm

Football vs. Soccer FB_teams2 Football vs. Soccer 20070504202134

Is there football in the olympics? I mean football as 'american football'?
I saw the list of sports but didn't see it there... I wonder why? :think: Maybe because America is the only one who likes it the most? lol The rest of the world likes Football (Soccer), but for some reason the United States (most of it anyway) doesn't get into it... they even have a different name for it compared to the rest of the world. Some say that they don't like it because it's boring... but I've been in a soccer team and it's not boring at all... you are constantly moving and watching, guarding, etc... it can be tiring also if you play a foward position....
Football vs. Soccer Smiley_soccer

Football vs. Soccer Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Football vs. Soccer Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Football vs. Soccer   Football vs. Soccer EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 8:17 pm

I don't think American football has ever been an Olympic sport. It's played in the U.S. and Canada, and there are some European teams, but it's never enjoyed worldwide popularity in anything near the way that soccer has.

I love soccer. When it's played well, I think it's a beautiful sport to watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football vs. Soccer   Football vs. Soccer EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 3:38 am

come on aussie ...lol...we have a football (soccer) team in the games
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Football vs. Soccer Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Football vs. Soccer   Football vs. Soccer EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 11:49 pm

I saw a documentary they had on the world cup 2006... it was really cool to watch those moments again. I was sooo happy that Italy won. Football vs. Soccer Smiley_soccer Football vs. Soccer Sport-soccer-smiley-21

Next it's 2010 in South Africa. It'll be another crazy event. Viva Futbol! happy1